Is normal survival Minecraft not challenging enough? Say no more.
- Native Minecraft Version:
- Tested Minecraft Versions:
- Source Code:
GrowingWorld allows you and your friends to start out on just a small 10x10 area surrounded by a worldborder.
You can grow your world by working together and getting advancements!
Careful, it's hard to fight mobs when you only have one chunk to work with!
How to Play:
Drop the plugin into your plugins folder. Start a fresh world. Use the command /gwshrink, and join the world! It's recommended to play this with friends, because everyone's advancements count towards growing the worldborder!
GrowingWorld features a few commands to make life easier:
/shrinkworldborder - Shrinks the worldborder to 10x10. (Alias: /gwshrink)
/startworldborderexpanding - The worldborder will now grow every x minutes, depending on the settings in the config.yml. (Default = 2 minutes, alias: /gwstart)
/stopworldborderexpanding - Stops the world border from expanding over time. (alias: /gwstop)
/setallowrecipeadvancements [true|false] - Sets whether or not unlocking recipes should count towards the worldborder growing. (Default = false, alias = /gwrecipes)
/clearadvancements [Playername | @a] - Allows you to clear the advancements of any online player.
description: Allows the holder to clear the advancements of players.
description: Allows the holder to start the process of expanding the WorldBorder periodically.
description: Allows the holder to stop the process of expanding the WorldBorder periodically.
description: Allows the holder to shrink the WorldBorder.
description: Allows the holder to set whether or not recipe advancements should count towards growing the worldborder.
# Default config for GrowingWorld
# Author: TheSummerGrinch
# Website: https://www.github.com/TheSummerGrinch
# Support at https://www.github.com/TheSummerGrinch or via Discord (GrinchDev#6592)
# Sets the interval for passive world-border growth.
# Sets the minimal world-border growth per advancement.
# Sets the maximum world-border growth per advancement.
# Sets the minimum world-border growth per unlocked recipe.
# Sets the maximum world-border growth per unlocked recipe.
# Sets the minimum passive growth per interval.
# Sets the maximum passive growth per interval.
# Sets whether or not to allow metrics, through bStats.
# Used to determine whether or not metrics should be disabled by default. Metrics
# are always disabled on the first run, to give the user the opportunity to
# generate the config.yml and set whether or not metrics should be allowed.
# Sets the starting size of the world-border.
# Sets whether or not to consider recipe advancements as advancements. Set to
# false by default, as it may lead to the world-border expanding by several dozen
# blocks whenever a player picks up a new item.
# Used to determine whether or not the passive world-border growth should be started
# when the server restarts.
# Sets whether or not to check SpigotMC for an update.
Metrics / Data-collection
GrowingWorld uses bStats to collect data. You can disable bStats data-collection in the bStats-config (Serverroot -> plugins -> bStats -> config.yml -> enabled: false). Additionally, you can also specifically stop data-collection for GrowingWorld by changing the allow-metrics field, in the config.yml, to false.
GrowingWorld collects the following datapoints:
- Amount of servers that run GrowingWorld and amount of players using these servers - I keep track of these metrics so I know what level of active development is expected of me.
- Online/Offline mode - I do not support the use Offline servers; therefore, I need to know if and when to block service for Offline servers.
- Server Software - Allows me to anticipate and mend problems based on the known problems and bugs of the server software.
- Plugin Version - Allows me to investigate what makes one version more appealing than another.
- System Information (Core count, Architecture, OS) - Allows me to anticipate and mend problems based upon System properties.
- Server Location - I may enable localization, but I need to know for what regions.
- Java Version - Once a significant amount of servers use Java 9 or higher, I too can switch to developing using a higher version.
In an effort not to clutter the plugin-page with tech-support, I'd like to ask you to either message me privately on Discord (GrinchDev#6592), or open a ticket over at the GrowingWorld Github Page.
Start in a 10x10 area and grow your world by getting advancements!
- Bugfix: Config would not save properly. Jun 30, 2021
- Bugfix: Recipe advancements would not work. Feb 24, 2021
- Bugfix: Worldborder would not expand properly after getting an achievement. Feb 10, 2021