- Native Minecraft Version:
- Tested Minecraft Versions:
- Source Code:
Ahoy, matey! Harbor is a Spigot plugin that redefines how sleep works in your server, making it easier for all the online players to get in bed quick and skip through the night!
NOTE: When updating to version 1.4, your previous configuration files WILL NOT work.
Harbor is designed to encourage players to sleep! It works best when installed in a survival SMP, making it easier for players to skip the night and prevent Phantom attacks! Oh, it also does these things:
- The night can be skipped if a percentage of players are sleeping (customizable percentage in configuration)
- A counter of currently sleeping players is displayed to encourage other players to sleep.
- Players are notified in the chat or action bar if someone is sleeping.
- Players with the "harbor.bypass" permission can be excluded from the sleep count.
- Sleep can be completely disabled and players won't be able to enter any bed.
NOTE: The video only covers features that were available in version 1.0 of the plugin, so there's way more available now!
I believe that all plugins should be totally configurable, and as such, every part of this plugin can be modified in the configuration file! Every message is customizable and has full support for unicode and color codes.
# /\ /\__ _ _ __| |__ ___ _ __
# / /_/ / _` | '__| '_ \ / _ \| '__|
# / __ / (_| | | | |_) | (_) | |
# \/ /_/ \__,_|_| |_.__/ \___/|_|
# An open-source project by TechToolbox
# Ahoy, matey! You've arrived at the configuration file, where things get scary.
# Every single thing within this plugin is customizable (at least I tried to make it that way),
# so every message and plugin module can be modified here. If you would like to report a bug
# or suggest a feature, make sure to add an issue on the GitHub page for this plugin!
# GitHub URL: https://github.com/nkomarn/Harbor/issues
# How often (in seconds) to check if a player is in a bed (increase for slower servers)
# Percent of players that need to sleep to skip night (must be 0.0 to 1.0)
# Toggle night skipping feature. Configure amount of players needed to skip above (percent)
# Clear weather when skipping night
# Display debug information in console
# Toggle chat messages
# "Night skipped" chat message
skipped: "&eThe night has been skipped."
# Display which player went to bed in chat
sleeping: "&e[player] is now sleeping ([sleeping]/[online]. [needed] more needed to skip)."
# Sent to player when they sleep with "harbor.bypass" permission
bypass: "&eYou've been excluded from the sleep count."
# Enable/Disable actionbar message
# Shown when some players are in bed
sleeping: "&e[sleeping] out of [online] players are sleeping ([needed] more needed to skip)."
# Shown when all players are in bed
everyone: "&eEveryone is sleeping. Sweet dreams!"
# Prefix for Harbor command messages
prefix: "&8&l(&6&lHarbor&8&l) "
# Display server version in console
running: "&7Running on version [version]."
# Sent in console when the plugin isn't compatible with the server
incompatible: "&7Spigot version [version] isn't compatible with Harbor."
# Harbor reload message
reloaded: "&7Reloaded Harbor"
reloadError: "&7Error reloading Harbor."
# Sent when player doesn't have permissions to run command
permission: "&7Insufficient permissions."
# Version identifier (do not change)
I am constantly thinking of ways to improve Harbor. As such, updates are usually pretty feature packed, so here's an extensive change log of all the things I've added, changed, or removed from Harbor:
- Fixed the OP/permission bypass feature!
- Added a feature that allows you to disable sleeping completely (pretty sure it only works on 1.13.2 right now)
- Fixed a Null Pointer Exception when operators would try to sleep!
- Added support for 1.13.2
- Removed the configuration version check as it was totally broken and rather useless
- Recoded and optimized the whole plugin!
- Added multi world support!
- Fixed player bypass, now fully excluding players with permission "harbor.bypass" from counts of all types!
- Made it so that weather clears when night is skipped!
- Added a lot more messages to the configuration.
- Literally remade the WHOLE configuration!
- Added a command allowing for reloading the configuration ("/harbor reload")!
- Implemented a debug option that prints extra messages to console for debugging purposes.
- Added an action bar placeholder that displays the amount of players that are needed for the night to skip.
- Added a feature that knocks players out of bed to prevent plugin glitches.
- Added configuration version checking (old configurations will be incompatible)
- Fixed the negative player count issue
- Fixed some minor math bugs to make the plugin round better.
- Added permission "harbor.bypass" which will allow players with it to skip the night!
- Made it so that putting the messages as blank in config won't print blank lines in chat.
- Prevented night skipping if only one player is online.
- Fixed night skipping on server versions 1.12.2 and below (night would skip no matter what even if one player got into bed)
- You can now change the amount of players that need to be sleeping to skip the night!
- Fixed the action bar player counter (previously would get stuck at 1 player).
- Harbor now supports all versions from 1.8 to 1.13.1!
- The default sleeping check time has been lowered to 1 seconds in the config.
- Fixed a bug where the amount of players sleeping would go below zero if the server was reloaded while players were in bed.
- The night can now be skipped if more than half of the online players are sleeping.
- Added optional chat messages (same as actionbar ones).
- Added a chat message that displays which player went to bed.
- The interval at which the plugin checks for players in bed can now be changed (can be set higher for weaker servers).
- Added more toggles and messages to configuration.
- Fixed bug where action bar messages would not show for a while after reloading the server.
- When players enter a bed, a message is shown in the actionbar to inform other players that it is time to sleep.
Harbor - A Sleep Enhancement Plugin! 1.4.4
Harbor is a plugin that redefines sleep within your Spigot server!