- Native Minecraft Version:
- Tested Minecraft Versions:
HatCosmetics provides a simple way of implementing custom resource pack models using custom model data to your server. All the provided "hats" are put into a customizable GUI where the player can equip a hat, so long as they do not have actual armor on and they have permissions to that hat. On top of providing an easy way to obtain the custom models, there are features to ensure it stays on the player's head and not somewhere else.
What features does this plugin offer?
- A GUI to access all hats: This GUI acts as the plugin's main menu where players can browse and selects hats to equip. They are able to view all the hats, but can only equip ones they have permissions to. The border surrounding the hats can be set to any item, including air!
- Prevent removal of hat from death/inventory: Even if keep inventory is disabled, players will not be able to drop their hat or put it somewhere else in their inventory (creative players can freely move hats in their inventory). The only way to unequip hats outside of creative mode is to use the command for it.
- Plugin's config can be reloaded without restarting server: If you need to quickly add a hat, change the GUI size, or items, you do not have to worry about restarting your server to make those changes!
What are the commands for the plugin?
Alias for /hats: /hatcosmetics
/hats (Opens GUI for hat selection)
- hatcosmetics.hat.<hat> (Access to specified hat)
/hats help (Opens command list for plugin)
/hats unequip (Removes hat if player has one)
/hats reload (Reloads config)
What does the config look like?
Below contains a preview of what the default config.yml looks like:
Code (Text):# HatCosmetics version: 1.0.0
# Refer to Spigot-API Materials for list of items: https://hub.spigotmc.org/javadocs/spigot/org/bukkit/Material.html
# Item used for all hats:
# Item used to border the hats in the GUI:
# The number of hat rows in the GUI (must be between 1 and 4)
# This is only for the actual hats and not the two rows for the border and close menu item
# Create your hats here using this format:
# data: 1000101
# name: "&fStaff Hat"
name: "&fStaff Hat"
What else is planned for this plugin?
Since this is my first plugin and first release of the plugin, there are certainly things to add/improve on. Here are some things I plan on getting to:
Want to see what's currently being working on? Check out the plugin's Trello page!
- Add customizable lore
- Make GUI adapt it's size based on number of hats
- Add categories for hats
- Add option to cover/hide cosmetics the player does not have permission to
- And more...
How do you make custom models for hats?
I personally use a program called BlockBench. You can check out their quick start guide here.
If you want to see the resource pack that I use in the default config, you can download it for yourself over on the Discord server.
Please be sure to leave your honest, constructive reviews so I can try improving the plugin!
If you are having any issues or would like to provide suggestions, please let me know in the "Discussion" tab or on my Discord!
An easy way to implement resource pack models as hats!