- Native Minecraft Version:
- Legacy (< 1.13)
- Tested Minecraft Versions:
- Source Code:
Hawk does not and will not support MC versions 1.9+
This video is outdated. In the future, a new promotional video showcasing the rewritten version of Hawk will replace this video.
Questions, support, bug reporting, and discussion:
If you have any questions or if you stumble across something that doesn't seem right, please let me know! I encourage you to PM me, talk in the discussion thread, or join the Discord server by clicking the logo below.
What is Hawk Anti-Cheat?
Hawk is a general purpose, simple anti-cheating plugin for Spigot servers. It attempts to help moderate players' interactions on a server. More specifically, interactions caused by exploits in the Minecraft protocol that create unfair advantages for a player. Such exploits can be achieved by modifying the client and many of these modifications are designed to bypass common anti-cheating solutions.
Why choose Hawk Anti-Cheat?
There are not many anti-cheat systems supporting older, yet still popular Minecraft versions (i.e. little support for MC 1.7.10). Hawk is focused on supporting these versions, which is why it is aimed to be a thorough solution to prevent cheating in Minecraft. If a bypass is found, it will become the highest priority to solve for the development of Hawk.
Hawk currently contains 29 modules which check players for suspicious combat, interaction, movement, and malicious exploitation within the protocol. Hawk's checks will only observe the players' actions and collect statistics based on the observations. No checks test for cheats by interrupting the game experience, such as spawning NPCs or applying knock-back.
By default, Hawk’s checks perform on the networking thread. This allows for precise checking without adding significant load on the main thread. In other words, when you get high traffic, Hawk won’t drop your TPS.
Asynchronous checking ability:
For users who strive for performance, Hawk is able to function on a dedicated thread, independent from the networking thread. Although this option disables the ability to prevent cheating in real time, this can be beneficial to servers with very high traffic.
Hawk fully runs without any dependencies, since it takes advantage of Netty and NMS code. Say goodbye to ProtocolLib.
Free & open-sourced:
Yes! Many anticheats running at the packet level charge over 100 USD. Hawk is free, open-source, and licensed under GPLv3. If you don’t like a check or feature, feel free to modify it or contribute to the project.
Simple, but powerful framework:
Hawk’s framework allows developers to easily implement new checks and make use of powerful utilities.
Hawk features strict movement checks to ensure players are moving correctly. It stops the exploitation of common anti-cheat bypasses such as B-Hop, Y-Port, skip phase, etc...
Hawk's combat cheat detection is spectacular. In addition to blocking most combat cheats, Hawk can detect basic forms of triggerbot and aimbot within a minute, without the use of NPCs or machine learning. Using the latest methods of cheat detection, a handful of clients can be detected for killaura within a few seconds.
Mouse Recording Functionality:
Hawk features a mouse recording function which records and graphs player mouse movement. This is a new addition to Hawk which helps users manually identify combat cheaters on their server.
From enabling or disabling to editing specific values of a check, Hawk's configuration provides the user with great freedom to modify checking behavior, messages, and the execution of punishments.
Flags from Hawk checks can be forwarded to staff members on other Spigot servers in a BungeeCord network using HawkAlertsBungee.
Hawk allows logging to a SQL database server. This can be very useful for multi-server networks that wish to track violations more efficiently.
Detected or Blocked Hacks:
- Packet sneak
- Anti-velocity (to some extent)
- Any other cheat interacting through walls or out of sight
- Usage Speed
- High CPS
- Force Field
- Fast Bow
- Aimbot (to some extent)
Commands & Permissions:
- /hawk - Display menu & GUI
- /hawk kick <player> <reason> - Kick player (recommended for auto-kick)
- /hawk talerts - Toggle alerts
- /hawk mouserec <player> [duration in seconds] - Record a player's mouse movements
- /hawk reload - Reload configuration and modules
- /hawk unmute - Unmute a Hawk muted player
- /hawk unban - Unban a Hawk banned player
- hawk.admin - bypass kicks and bans
- hawk.cmd - /hawk
- hawk.cmd.* - access to all administrative commands
- hawk.cmd.<command name>- access to a specific administrative command
- hawk.alerts - Receive alerts
- hawk.bypass.<check> - Bypass specific checks
- hawk.bypass.* - Bypass all checks
- hawk.gui - Access the graphical user interface
Hawk has some useful features that developers can use. Start off by getting a reference to the Hawk plugin instance:
From there you will find many useful methods and modules that you can tinker with. The source code to the class is located here:Code (Text):Hawk hawkPlugin = (Hawk)Bukkit.getPluginManager().getPlugin("Hawk");
It may also be useful to make use of Hawk's Bukkit events:
- Once downloaded, move the jar to your "plugins" folder in your server's root directory.
- Start or reload the server to enable Hawk Anti-Cheat.
- Modify the configuration in "plugins/Hawk/config.yml" if necessary. Restart or reload to apply changes.
- Java 8 or higher
- Craftbukkit/Spigot (or other derivatives) 1.7.10 or 1.8.8
Hawk Anti-Cheat may not be compatible with the following:
- Network modification (packet interception or modification)
- Other anticheat plugins
- Any Minecraft client other than versions 1.7.X and 1.8.X
- Therefore it is strongly discouraged to use ProtocolSupport, ViaVersion, etc.
- Client game logic modification
- Modification of the client's movement or interaction with terrain or entities
- Overloaded server (rounded TPS average below 20) or client (FPS lower than 20)
- Poor server-client connection quality
Reporting Issues & Posting Reviews
Feel free to post a review. If you have a bug that you want to report, please PM me, post in the discussion thread, discuss on Discord, or open an issue on the GitHub. Please do not post errors in your review. Reviews containing errors are annoying and will likely be removed by a moderator.
Hawk Anticheat (MC 1.7.10 & 1.8.8) BETA 1906.1
A free anticheat for legacy versions of Spigot.