What is HolographicMenus?
Did you always think that commands are a very ugly way to ask the player for input? Every other game has GUIs. Why can't Minecraft have custom beautiful menus as well? If you did, then you'll love this plugin. Holographic Menus adds the possibility to script custom holographic GUI menus that execute a command when a button is punched. Just open the menu with a single command (/menu) and this will pop up:
- Provides a menu that doesn't take all of the player's attention so that he is able to use it even while in danger to get into combat
- Create as many menus and pages per menu as you wish (open them with /menu [name]
- Nobody else is able to see or use a menu you opened (ProtocolLib required)
- Multiple commands per button with CommandsXL
- Configurable sounds when a button is clicked
- Handy, per-menu file configuration system
- Possibility to get chat input to handle command arguments
- If enabled, menus follow when the player moves
- Public menus
- Support for PlaceholderAPI
Holographic Menus requires Bukkit 1.7.9 or higher and Java 8. It is built to work with Holographic Displays 2.2.7.
HM runs without ProtocolLib as well, but it's required to make holograms invisible for other players.
Please note that Holographic Menus plugin is not an official addon coded by filoghost, the author of HolographicDisplays.
Highly recommended! If you need to run multiple commands with permissions the player does not have or as the console, CXL is the way to go.
...are available here.
done, not tested
work in progress
- Shops (Vault integration)
- More convenient trigger to open the menu
- Support for IndividualHolograms as a library instead of HolographicDisplays
- Standalone functionality
Support, bug reports & suggestions
I highly appreciate any kind of feedback and I'm willing to offer support. This is not the place to ask for support, though! Please do not PM me and do not misuse the review function for support requests. I'll do my very best to help if you open an issue at Github. Avoid to use the discussion thread, too, please, unless you don't have a Github account.
HolographicMenus uses YAML files to store data. If you're not familiar with YAML or if you get into trouble for some reason, try out this to fix your file.
Would you like to support us and our work?
If you appreciate the time and work we dedicated to create this server mod in the last years, we thankfully accept any kind of support you would like to offer.
First of all, Holographic Menus uses the Plugin Metrics service by Hidendra and SpigotUpdater by inventivetalent (thank you very much for this services <3 ). It is great motivation to see that our plugin is actually used by a few servers and some of the statistics are really helpful and taken into consideration if it comes to the future of the project. Therefore, please do not disable Metrics.
The reason why Holographic Menus exists and will continue to exist is our own server. We run this rather small project in our spare time and never intended to make a lot of money with it - but to offer a great RPG experience for our incredibly loyal community since 2011 We hope to continue and extend our projects; donations are a significant help.
Thank you very much for your support!
Plugins maintained by me
All of them are free and open source
FactionsOne - Factions 1.8.2 with UUID support - updated to latest Bukkit versions!
HolographicMenus - Create GUIs like in Sword Art Online!
DungeonsXL - Create custom dungeons or adventure maps with ease!
CommandsXL - Simple command link plugin.
ItemsXL - Advanced and unique custom item plugin.
BroadcastXS - Async broadcast plugin.
[1.7.9-1.13] Create GUIs like in Sword Art Online!
So far I am really enjoying this plugin, I always hated the fact that players had to remember so many different commands on the server I work on and the list just keeps growing with each update. I am definitely going to be using this plugin on there from now on. Also The Developer replies pretty fast and is helpful. Thanks again for the help!
As other people have said, there are glitches such as
1. The player has to close the hologram for it to disappear.
2. Offset after teleportation.
3. Hologram does not follow you.
1. Should have ability I.E. To press Button 1 and have it open another hologram menu with configurable messages as well as the standard hit commands.
2. I'm not certain if this is already implemented but, you could have it so when someone typed /tpa <player>, a configurable hologram would appear saying "<player> wants to tp to you! You have <seconds remaining> <Seconds/Minutes> to accept the request! Then there would be a layout such as in the first image saying
<Player>'s tpa request
> Disable this feature
Then allow players the option to turn this feature off if they want chat only tpa requests. Such as the "Disable this feature" above.
Server Administrators would have an option to do this with any command
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------I rate plugins like I rate movies. I will rate them on their features where the version rating is supposed to go. That is right here. So please do not tell me to contact you via skype/discord. I have listed features that would make the plugin better in my opinion and I have said why I gave this a 3 star.
This is an amazing plugin and I don't understand why people review it so badly for a feature and/or a bug that they might of done, I hope that gets fixed :) Great plugin I haven't had a single bug and I enjoy this, I use it for my Hub, Prison, and Factions, all different versions and yet its running smoothly, this is an amazing plugin so far and I just love it! Keep working on this plugin and your other plugins as they are so far amazing quality, and they're free! Keep updating this plugin please and great work!