- Native Minecraft Version:
- Tested Minecraft Versions:
- Source Code:
- Original Author: bob7l , Updated previously by: Spoopy
- Languages Supported:
- (Customizable in language.yml)
Due to recent events, I will no longer be developing this plugin.
This decision was a hard one to make, but I have to do it to take care of my personal wellbeing.
I may come back to it... but as of right now, I am stopping work on this resource.
HungerGames is a simple yet fun, and very lightweight PvP arena system.
It provides advanced kits, spawns, and a very simple arena setup. If you've never heard of the books/movies HungerGames, it's basically a free for all. You must hunt for food and items, and attempt to kill others before they kill you. The last man standing wins!
Unlike some HungerGames plugins, this one does not require you to setup a whole server for the game. You can just easily setup multiple arenas anywhere in the world.
This is a revamp of one on my old favourites that has since been abandoned.
This plugin was originally developed by bob7l and then later taken on by Spoopy. It's now my turn to bring this plugin into the 1.13+ world.
- This plugin will ONLY work on 1.13.2+
- This plugin will NOT work on 1.12.2 or lower and will never be updated to work on those versions. If you would like to try this plugin on those version you can download Spoopy's old version HERE
- Create multiple arenas for your players to play in
- Auto-updating lobby signs
- Custom min/max players and arena timers per arena
- Very lightweight
- Does not require its own server or world
- Vault economy support
- Simple arena setup
- Random items will generate in arena chests
- Bonus chests will generate even more items (separate loot table)
- Per-Arena Loot Tables allows for even more customization
- Spectating Feature allowing players to watch the game close up
- Smart mob spawning engine with customizable mobs also supports MythicMobs
- Highly configurable
- Customizable kits
- Per-Arena Kits allows for even MORE customization
- Customizable messages
- Player teams
- Full rollback System
- Leaderboard placeholders via PlaceholderAPI
- World border system, pushes players towards the centre of the game when time is running out
I prefer not to be one of those people posting 5 updates a day, therefor I will try to do maximum 2 updates a week. I will post some "beta" updates on GitHub, which will include small updates as I fix them. You are more than welcome to check them out HERE. Keep in mind these builds might have more issues as they are BETA builds. As always please report any issues you find on our GitHub Issue Tracker!
COMMANDS & PERMISSIONS:
NOTE: An arena's lobby signs WILL NOT WORK in vanilla spawn protection, make sure to either put your lobby signs outside of vanilla spawn protection, disable vanilla spawn protection or move vanilla spawn protection.
LEADERBOARDS / PLACEHOLDERS:
- HungerGames stores wins in a leaderboard file, this data can be accessed via (PlaceholderAPI) placeholders and used in other plugins such as scoreboard or hologram plugins.
- HungerGames has a pretty open API, check out our JavaDocs
Awesome video tutorial by @SoulStriker_ which showcases both the setup (including configs) as well as gameplay.
(please note any links/advertisements in this video are not affiliated with HungerGames, ShaneBee or ShaneBeeStudios, but are only affiliated with the creator of said video.)
Wanna try the plugin out before downloading it? Check out our test server here: **coming soon**
Since Spoopy's version I have done some major changes to the plugin. I went thru the discussion tab on his resource and made sure to fix any bugs that were reported, and implement features I felt would fit nicely.
- New tab completer system, making it easier to use commands
- /hg stop all command - Stops all active arenas
- Randomized spawn locations.
- Added more current mobs to the mob spawn list
- Moved all hard coded messages to a new language.yml file which can be completely customized
- Added a sound when player's die in the arena, mimicking the "Fallen Tributes" sound in the movies.
- Changed chest drops from pistons to ender chests
- Updated death messages
- Changed leave messages to show the name of the arena a player left
- Fixed an issue where admins could not place blocks in the arena after its already been created.
- Fixed a big issue with the signs always saying "STOPPED" - Added a new game status "READY"
- Added an option to run commands/send messages when a player wins the game (Can be used to give vote keys, Items, whatever you want really)
- Fixed some other small errors I came across when testing.
I appreciate all reviews, but I do ask that you keep them to the point of how this plugin operates. DO NOT use reviews to report bugs or ask for new features to be added. These will be ignored. Please use the correct channels to ask for new features or report bugs.
Lightweight HungerGames plugin that supports Multiple Arenas, Kits, & Teams.