- Native Minecraft Version:
- Tested Minecraft Versions:
CLICK HERE FOR SUPPORT
I DO NOT READ THE DISCUSSION, PROFILE MESSAGES NOR REVIEWS ASKING FOR SUPPORT.
SUPPORT FOR OLDER VERSIONS OF MINECRAFT MAY BE DROPPED AT ANY TIME!
MAKE SURE YOU'RE ALWAYS RUNNING THE LATEST VERSION POSSIBLE!
KeepChunks allows you to select chunks to keep them loaded in the Minecraft server memory, even when there are no players around. This can be useful for large redstone circuits, minecart railroads, commandblock systems and even for teleport lag.
- Keep as many chunks loaded as you want! (depending on the hardware of the machine)
- The chunks will load automatically on server startup!
- Load chunks the way you want, for example by loading the chunk you're currently standing in, or by loading specific chunks anywhere in any world. You can even load hundreds of chunks all at once!
- Ability to load chunks from command blocks, rcon, and the console!
- Works on MC 1.8.8, 1.9, 1.10, 1.11, 1.12 and 1.13! (requires Java 8 or newer, support for older MC versions may be dropped at any time)
To start using KeepChunks, simply download it by clicking the "Download Now" button in the top right corner, then drag it into your plugins folder and restart your server.
You can now login to your server and type '/kc help' to get an overview of the available commands.
A configuration file has also been generated, which is located in '/plugins/KeepChunks/'.
/kc help - Show the help page
/kc reload - Reload the plugin
/kc chunkinfo (coords | current | worldedit) - Info about chunks
/kc keepchunk (coords | current) - Keep a single chunk loaded
/kc keepregion (coords | worldedit) - Keep multiple chunks loaded
/kc releaseall - Release all chunks
/kc releasechunk (coords | current) - Release a single chunk
/kc releaseregion (coords | worldedit) - Release multiple chunks
Remember to use chunk coordinates when manually specifying chunks to be loaded, instead of regular XYZ coordinates!
keepchunks.help - Gives access to /kc help
keepchunks.reload - Gives access to /kc reload
keepchunks.chunkinfo - Gives access to /kc chunkinfo
keepchunks.keepchunk - Gives access to /kc keepchunk
keepchunks.keepregion - Gives access to /kc keepregion
keepchunks.releaseall - Gives access to /kc releaseall
keepchunks.releasechunk - Gives access to /kc releasechunk
keepchunks.releaseregion - Gives access to /kc releaseregion
keepchunks.* - Gives access to all commands
# KeepChunks v1.4.3. Copyright © 2018 TouchBar, all rights reserved.
# Info & Support: https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/23307
# debug: When set to true, the plugin will log more information to the console
# exposeos: Do you want your players to be able to see which OS you are using?
# releaseallprotection: Do you want to restrict the releaseall command to the console only?
# dynamic: When enabled, chunks will immediately load once kept loaded by KC
# onstartup: Do you want all the chunks to load on server startup?
# onworldload: Do you want to automatically load all chunks in a world when it's loaded?
# If the above 3 options are disabled, chunks won't load until a player comes nearby.
These plugins are not required, however they do extend the functionality of this plugin:
- KeepChunks utilizes bStats, which means that some statistical information is collected and sent to bstats.org. All anonymously, of course.
- When loading a redstone system or a minecart railroad, make sure to load a couple of chunks around it as well! Example
- If you're experiencing problems or crashes with KeepChunks, set "period-in-ticks" to -1 and "load-threshold" to -1 in your bukkit.yml.
- If you want the chunks to tick as if there are players nearby (e.g. for crop farming), you need to implement the SPIGOT-3747 patch manually until Spigot decides to include it in their main code. Once you have your custom built Spigot JAR, you'll need to install TickChunks and run the 'copy-to-tickchunks' script.
- You are not allowed to reverse-engineer, edit and/or redistribute anything of KeepChunks without permission of the author ("TouchBar").
Do you like my work and want to support me? Review the plugin here!
Keep specified chunks loaded, even if you're not online!