This plugin adds fully functional, craftable Lasers!
- Tested Minecraft Versions:
- Source Code:
If you are in Minecraft 1.8 or lower, please use version 1.1.1.
If you are using Minecraft 1.9, please use version 1.2.2.
(Required to craft Emitter & Receiver)
The Laser Emitter will create Laser beams if you provide redstone power
The Laser Receiver will provide power to an comparator if a Laser beam hits its face
Depending on your configuration, the signal strength is either based on the distance to the last redirect or on the laser beam's color.
Lenses (Stained glass) will change the color of the Laser beam
Mirrors (Banners) will redirect Laser beams, depending on the laser's angle. They will also influence the color of the beam
The mirror rotators can rotate mirrors depending on redstone input.
This is split in two parts, depending on your configuration
This is the easiest mode.
The mirror rotates depending on the signal strength.
This one is a bit more complicated.
The rotation depends on the signal strength provided from all 4 sides of the rotator.
- If power is provided on one side only, it rotates towards in input side.
- If the signal strength provided from two sides is the same, it rotates by 45° between both sides
- If the provided signal strength differs, it rotates towards the side with the higher signal strength
- The default length of laser beams is 16 blocks if it is not redirected by mirrors
- Emitters & Receivers can be placed in all directions
- The provided power of receivers depends on the length of a Laser beam
- details on the mirror rotation can be found in the spoiler above
/lasers item <CRYSTAL|EMITTER|RECEIVER> - Gives you the specified item
#Interval of the laser particles
#Maximum length of laser beams
#Frequency of the laser particles
#If lasers damage entities
#If entities are set on fire
message: '%player% tried to stand in front of a laser'
#If mirrors change the laser's color
#If glass changes the laser's color
#If the colors are mixed. If disabled, the color will be replaced
#If mirrors are reflective on both sides
#Mode of the Mirror Rotator
#'side' - The rotation depends on the side the power is provided from
#'strength' - The rotation depends on the signal strength
#If lasers are blocked by non-transparent blocks
#If lasers are blocked by living entities
#Receiver signal mode
#'distance' - signal strength changes based on the distance to the last redirect (e.g. a Mirror)
#'color' - signal strength changes based on the laser color (black = 0; red = 1; ...; orange = 14; white = 15)
#Tolerance for the color mode (How accurate the color detection is)
Please leave a rating if you like this resource.
Donations to support me or this resource are also very much appreciated.
Lasers [Mechanics | Redstone] 2.1.1-SNAPSHOT
Functional Laser redstone devices! Multiple colors & Mirrors