- Native Minecraft Version:
- Tested Minecraft Versions:
- Source Code:
- StaartvinImplement a limited life count system on your server with LifeMC!
Ever been tired of having no significant penalty for dying?
LifeMC allows you to implement a complex life system into Minecraft. Every new player will start out with a default amount of lives. When a player is out of lives, he or she will be banned until that player regains a life. Players can pay each other in lives. A temp-ban option is also available. More is detailed below!
- Find a bug? Have a feature to request? Submit an issue!
- Want to look at the source and see upcoming updates? Check out GitHub!
WARNING: Do not edit the data files while the server is running, instead edit or check lives using commands. Use at least Java 8. If you need to update your config, delete it and start the server to generate a new one, or visit the GitHub page.
- Make your server hardcore by banning dead players.
- Able to eat items set in the config to gain lives.
- Admins are able to change the life counts of players at will.
- Players can give lives to each other and even revive dead players by doing so.
- Kill other players to gain a life option.
- Tempban option so that players can come back after a set time of being dead
- The ability to buy lives using Vault supported economy plugins.
- Maximum customization with many permissions and config options.
- Local single file data storage
- PlaceholderAPI support. View below for more information.
Eating Life Items:
(w/ new custom item support update)
In LifeMC you are able to eat config specified items to gain a life. To eat a valid life item, you must hold it in your main hand and right click while sneaking. This is to prevent accidental consumption of life items.
Custom items are also now supported. You can specify any segment of lore text you wish to include in the config.
example config entries:
Edible custom items' lore contains:
- life item
example custom item:
Lore line1: "[LifeMC] You can eat this item!"
Lore line2: "Server not responsible for indigestion!"
Regardless of the other text inside this item's lore and display name, this would still be a valid life item since it contains "[LifeMC]", as specified in the config. This plugin does NOT look at the display name.
**Please message me directly if the custom item plugin you are using does not appear to be working with LifeMC**
You can view a list of commands by doing /lifemc help <number>!
description: Can use '/lifemc give <player>' to give lives to other players.
description: Can gain lives by eating certain items.
description: Can use '/lifemc check' to see their own lives.
description: Can use '/lifemc check <player>' to see anyone's lives.
description: Can use '/lifemc set <player> <amount>' to edit anyone's lives.
description: Can use '/lifemc add <player> <amount>' to edit anyones lives.
description: Can use '/lifemc remove <player> <amount>' to edit anyones lives.
description: Can use '/lifemc buy <amount> to buy lives.
description: Can lose a life on death.
description: Can gain life on murder.
description: Revive player by giving them a life.
description: Access to all lifemc permissions.
PlaceholderAPI is now supported by LifeMC. Two identifiers are included with the plugin.
OfflinePlayer is also supported within this. If you do not provide a player, in either case, an empty String will be returned. If the OfflinePlayer has never played before (does not exist within the server), an empty String will be returned.
- %lifemc_lives% - the number of lives for the specified player
- %lifemc_livesHearts% - if the player has 1-5 lives, a heart for each life (in String format) will be returned, otherwise, it will be a heart followed by the number of lives.
For more information on the PlaceholderAPI, please visit https://github.com/PlaceholderAPI/PlaceholderAPI
life, lives, hardcore lives, ban, tempban, limited, death, dead