=== Description ===
- Tested Minecraft Versions:
- Source Code:
A simple elevator plugin.
- Command free
- No configuration needed (but there if you want it!)
- Database free
- Multi floor elevators
- Multi passenger elevators, including mobs and dropped items
- Abstract elevator shaft shapes
- Redstone triggers
- Carpets can now be placed in any elevator floor. No more unsightly glass!
- All rails can now be put in shafts. Minecarts will now go up and down lifts and resume their previous speed upon arrival (this is largely untested, more feedback here is needed!)
=== How it works ===
No commands! No save file to worry about! It is easy to add, remove, or change floors. Just place or remove blocks! Lifts are made by scanning block arrangements are not saved or stored in memory after they are used. With the default configuration this is a fast process, less than 20 milliseconds.
=== Installation ===
Just drop the plugin in the plugin folder and play! No permissions to set up and the configuration is set up with defaults that will work for most servers. **If you use a permission manager you might have to add add the permission "lift" and "lift.change" This is a bug in some managers**
Here is the default configuration if you wish to play with the settings or language:
# Note: Smaller values result in less lag. Lift speed less than 0.4 may not work well for non spout servers.
STRING_oneFloor: "There is only one floor silly."
STRING_currentFloor: "Current Floor:"
STRING_cantEnter: "Can't enter elevator in use"
STRING_cantLeave: "Can't leave elevator in use"
* maxLiftArea is the number of connected blocks the lift can be. Larger values will result in a longer start up time when using a lift. Super large values can even freeze your server for a moment.
* maxHeight limits how tall an elevator can be.
* debug prints out extra information that can help me track down errors
* autoPlace will automatically position entities over the center of the base blocks which can prevent them from hitting edges and getting stuck
* preventEntry blocks players from entering moving lift.
* preventLeave blocks players from leaving a moving lift.
* checkGlass prevents glass duping. With it false the plugin will NOT check to make sure all the floors have all the glass blocks filled it, but will have better performance for busy servers.
* redstone can start a lift by using a redstone signal to the block behind the lift button. This can result in some lag on servers with a lot of pulsing redstone signals.
* baseBlockSpeeds is a list of blocks you wish to use in the elevator base and how fast they make the lift. Multiple block types can be added. For example:
This example has three different blocks that can be used as a base, with faster lifts being more expensive. Make sure there are two spaces for proper yaml formatting!
===== Permission =====
There are two permission nodes. By default both are set to true allowing anyone to use lifts right away:
* "lift" allow players be passengers and use lifts. To **not** let players use the lift, set lift to false in your permission plugin of choice.
* "lift.change" allow players to change destination floors of any lift. To **not** allow players to change the floor signs, set lift.change to false in your permission plugin of choice.
I can not add permissions to individual lifts. It is not possible with how the code works.
=== Usage With Default Config ===
1) Create the bottom floor with iron blocks. An elevator can be as small as 1 block or as big as 15 blocks in any shape. Smaller areas will have less lag. Make sure the lift iron blocks don't touch any other iron in the building -- the plugin doesn't know the difference!
2) Next create the floor's control panel. On a wall place the following blocks. The signs and buttons must be "over" one of the iron base blocks.
- Required sign, leave blank for now
- Optional sign with floor name on first or second line
- Iron floor block you just placed.
3) Create the elevator shaft. To create a new floor platform use glass blocks instead of iron. Like the first floor over one of the glass blocks create the floor interface.
- Required sign, leave blank for now
- Optional sign with floor name on second line
4) Make sure the shaft is clear of all obstructions except for floor glass, buttons and signs. Torches and vines are also allowed in the elevator shaft.
5) To use your elevator right click the sign above the button to select a destination floor. The sign will automatically add the correct information.
=== Important Notes ===
There is a config to adjust max lift area, lift height, lift speed, and a few other options. The defaults are sane and most people wont need to change them.
=== FAQ ===
Q: Will you add build permissions?
A: No because it is not possible. Permissions are attached to players. Lifts are made from block arrangements.
Q: What are valid blocks to use inside the shaft?
A: Other than the glass blocks for the lift floors you play places torches, signs (ideal for sensors), buttons, vines, ladders, carpets, redstone, rails, and water.
Q: Will you add economy?
A: No. Use plugins that add economy to button use.
A simple elevator plugin. Complete with feature creep!
This is a very good plugin. It makes reaching high buildings way less painfull and alot faster and it's more of this time.
However, downside note incoming! I don't want for people to fall down the elevator shaft when someone else is using it, and therefore I put the deny entry thingy on true. But, whenever I test this by for example sending a cow through the elevator (I did this with players before too) and I try to enter the elevator I get like 50 messages and I find myself to be stuck until the elevator has stopped moving. Please fix this ASAP!
The plugin is amazing, works very well and is much better, than anything I've seen so far. I have a little problem though. My server players have discovered a glitch, which ultimately leads to infinite money source. If you set up 1st floor and then move to setting up the second, you only need to set a button and sign, glass gets there automatically, like a miracle. I couldn't find a solution to this, can you suggest any? And yes, it's still 5 stars!
It's a great plugin and it works, however many have suggested (quite some time ago too) the green for destination can be difficult to read, yet nothing has changed. Also it would be nice to have an option to make the bottom floor as "Ground" or "G" instead of starting at 1. In my country, 1 means the first floor, not the ground one. Otherwise, works well.