- Native Minecraft Version:
- Tested Minecraft Versions:
- Source Code:
- Languages Supported:
Have a Question? Need Help?
Self-help is the best help.
The community is here to help!
- Check the FAQ
- This is a gameplay plugin, it does not support creative mode!
- Being opped means you bypass protection checks. Don't test while opped!
- Read the rest of the wiki
- Check the reference manual for configuration options
- Check the config info page for spell, wand and other info
- Find examples in the default configs
- Check your logs for errors
Found a bug? Have a Feature Request?
Please do NOT
- Use our issue tracker
- Leave a negative review without asking for help
- Request help in the reviews section
- Leave a bad review saying you'll make it higher in exchange for help
- PM NathanWolf or anyone else for help
1.9.3 and up: Latest Version
1.9: Magic 6.0.4
1.8.8 - 1.8.9: Magic 5.5.6
1.8.1 - 1.8.8: Magic 5.3.3
1.7.9: Magic CB 1.4
Older: See dev.bukkit.org
Magic is a plugin that adds powerful magic wands and items to your server. With over 100 spells, a variety of wand templates, and complete customization, you can use Magic to craft a unique experience for your server.
Spells in Magic revolve around unique wand items. Players do not "know" spells, they find, buy, or craft wands that do. Wands may be bound to a specific player (meaning no other player may use them), and a wand may be set to stay with the player if they die. In this way, the spells are somewhat bound to a player, but in Magic it is really all about the wands.
If you'd like to try out Magic, please go to our development server:
If you'd like to experiment with spell configuration, please try our editor and live sandbox server.
For the full Magic experience, you will also want to use the Magic resource pack. As of Magic 6.0, the resource pack will be provided for you automatically if you don't have one set in server.properties.
This plugin is not useable without the resource pack, if you don't want the RP there will be a bit of customizing you'll need to do in Magic's configs.
If upgrading from a previous version of Magic where you were using the official RP, it is recommended that you remove the RP from your server.properties.
For 1.8 servers:
For 1.7 servers:
You are free to mix this into your own RP, or use it directly.
The resource pack tries to avoid changing anything important, but it does replace the following items:
- Wood hoe (Unbreakable version only)
- Gold sword (Unbreakable version only)
- Diamond axe (Unbreakable version only)
- Diamond hoe (Unbreakable version only)
- Shield (Unbreakable version only)
- Chainmail armor set, for wizard's robes.
- *1.8 and 1.7 versions of the RP consume more items!
Magic integrates with a lot of plugins (see here), but there are a few of my own (or that I have taken over) that are worth mentioning:
MagicWorlds (download) : Spawn magic items or Skill Points in naturally spawned chests. Replace naturally spawned mobs with Magic Mobs.
MagicArenas (download) : A simple dueling/mob arena plugin with in-game configuration.
WGCustomFlags (download) : Only needed with older versions of WorldGuard. Adds blocked-spells, allowed-spells and a few other useful WorldGuard flags. The original dev no longer updates this plugin, it's best to download from the link provided here.
Please see the Magic home on github for additional information and support!
Add fully customizable magic wands, items, spells, mobs and more to your server!
- Fix appearance/buff shops, other fixes Oct 9, 2018 at 1:09 AM
- Fix Engineering Spells and Chop (in 1.13) Sep 21, 2018
- ModifyLore action, some fixes to block damage, other stuff Sep 14, 2018