- Tested Minecraft Versions:
- Source Code:
Maplands is a work-in-progress project delivering world map rendering to Minecraft maps. Display the world in an isometric view, link maps together and create a huge overview of your server, and much more is anticipated!
You will need the latest build of BKCommonLib for this plugin to work correctly.
Join our discord for plugin help https://discord.gg/q9gutsN
More will be added to this page as the plugin is further developed.
>>Please report bugs and post feature requests here<<
You can join the Minecraft server hosted over at powerplugins.net to see this plugin in action, as well check out other cool plugins by the community!
/map to give yourself a maplands map
/map give [playername] to give a maplands map to others
/map render [uuid] to re-render a maplands map remotely
allow players to modify orientation / move the map / add markers to maps
- While holding the map your movement is locked and can control the user interface using W/A/S/D
- If you need to move around quickly, change selected item or move it to your other hand with Q
- To move the map or navigate the menu, use WASD. To open and close the menu, use Shift (crouch). Use spacebar (jump) to click a button.
- Spacebar outside of the menu will re-render the entire map.
- Last menu option allows for enabling markers / adding static markers, or other configuration options
You can add markers to maps. You can enable showing markers where players are, and configure whether to show player names, coordinates or both. Markers can also be enabled to only show where the player holding the map is located.
Static markers can be configured in the map ui. Simply press spacebar while having the 'add static marker' selected, and configure the marker. It will show up in the list, which can then later be edited.
By default maps automatically redraw portions when block physics occur. This might cause performance problems for the server if there are a lot of changes happening all the time. You can disable this live updating of the map in the settings menu (right-most button). It is then possible to also periodically re-render the map by executing the /map render [uuid] command on a schedule, or manually.
Note: display bugs will be fixed as this project matures.
Minecraft worlds in the map dimension
- First 1.0 release, performance-related improvements Jan 17, 2021
- Map markers and a new zoom level Sep 20, 2020
- Add give command, internal refactor for external interfacing support Jul 26, 2020