Examples (reply to discussion thread if you have one):
- git clone https://github.com/vemacs/mc-status-viewer.git (I prefer in /srv)
- Edit index.html to have the title you want
- Edit app/config.yml to set up your categories and servers, see config.example.yml
- pip install bottle pyyaml, depending on your distro, you may need to install python-pip and python-dev first
- cd <where you cloned>/app; python app.py
- You can test it by changing app/app.py to bind to 0.0.0.0 and then connecting to <ip>:8080, config.yml is not accessible to the public, so your backends will stay hidden
- Run it in a tmux or screen session
- Set up a reverse proxy, here's a sample nginx config, Apache instructions
- git pull to update if there are any updates
- You can change the width by editing override.css in the .btn class if you have longer server names
Here's the CPU/mem usage you'll be looking at (pinging way too many servers, running for an hour):
It's not 100% accurate due to the nature of server list ping, but it works well enough (99.99999% accurate). If you're having issues, ask your host if this is triggering their anti-DDoS mechanism. Delaying the pings does not seem to help in this situation, so your best bet may be to ask your host, or host it on a box that can ping. Updates are every 5 seconds on the server, and then 3 seconds to pull on the client. Obviously, you should allow the box you're putting this on through your backend firewall.
Technically, you can host the frontend anywhere, just that origin policy complicates things.
If Ctrl+C isn't stopping it, try Ctrl+Z. A restart needs to be issued for config changes to apply.
IF YOU ARE USING WINDOWS TO RUN A MINECRAFT SERVER, YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG. QUIT ASKING HOW TO RUN THIS ON WINDOWS. INSTRUCTIONS SHOULD BE VERY SIMILAR, BUT NO GUARANTEES THAT THIS WILL WORK.
Code (Text):[4:39:04 PM] Jesse (aka) AsTrO | The Storm's: vemacs
[4:39:06 PM] Jesse (aka) AsTrO | The Storm's: http://www.spigotmc.org/resources/mc-status-viewer.518/
[4:39:09 PM] Jesse (aka) AsTrO | The Storm's: y not premium
[4:39:15 PM] Jesse (aka) AsTrO | The Storm's: i now u wanna make da munay
[4:39:16 PM] Lee (TheReverend403): because he's not a jew
[4:39:20 PM] Jake: PREMIUM PLUGINS MEAN PREMIUM PRICE
Yes, I am not jew. Any donations to PayPal address [email protected] would be appreciated.
This might be similar to http://www.spigotmc.org/resources/web-bungeestatus.472/ (I didn't know about it until recently), but it's much easier to setup, far more lightweight, updates automatically, and actually looks good.