Welcome to MCBans
- Tested Minecraft Versions:
- Source Code:
- Firestar, Syamn, Draco
- Languages Supported:
- Japanese, German, Dutch, French, Spanish, Norwegian, Portuguese, Swedish
MCBans is a banning solution for Minecraft, provided through the Bukkit and now Spigot plugin. The aim of the plugin is to provide server owners with a method of assisting in the prevention of griefers and troublemakers on their own and other's servers, using a combination of global, local, and temporary bans. Local bans are a servers private ban on a player, and are not shared with other servers.
Currently, we're flying using the MCBans 4.4.4 plugin.
MCBans Website: https://mcbans.com
MCBans Support: https://forums.mcbans.com/link-forums/support-center-contact-us.8/
Please remember the following things while using our plugin!
- MCBans is maintained constantly by a team of 100% volunteer staff, but we are not miracle workers! Like everyone, we need time to perform our tasks and can't do everything on demand.
- User participation on MCBans.com helps to keep us free of invalid bans - if you see something fishy, report it to us!
- MCBans has a small dedicated development team - We do only have a few dedicated developers, but they do have other commitments as well.
Put in a support ticket on our forums or request help in our Discord!
Is MCBans Just a Global Banning Plugin?
Absolutely not! We have global, local, and temporary bans. We have a way that lets you customize what you share, what servers share bans with you, and what servers you want to be grouped with ( meaning their bans share your bans ), ignore all bans for a player, disregard bans based on a string of your own choosing, even "grief" can be ignored. Reputation is calculated on each server for every player to give server owners the most control.
MCBans is a very versatile banning plugin that also has an ability for servers to ban to the point where a player can no longer join a MCBans protected server due to the number of bans. The bans can be appealed within 60 days of being issued, and a server is required to provide proof for global bans only. Local bans are generally hidden from view and do not cause a player to lose access to MCBans protected servers.
What is a "Global Ban"?
A global ban is a ban that effects a user on a permanent scale by reducing their reputation from 10 downwards with every ban, the deduction depends on the server's own reputation. For the reason that, when users reach 0 reputation they get banned from accessing any MCBans server, there are strict guidelines that regulate the usage of such bans.
These bans are meant for high severity offenses in order to prevent griefers violating the same rules on other servers, and they are always monitored by the MCBans Staff so we can quickly remove any invalid bans.
But, what if I want to let someone on who is banned?
You can always add players or reasons to an exception list located in your server control panel.
Can I ignore everything about MCBans except my own local bans?
Of course! Simply go into your config.yml and set minRep: 3 to minRep: -1
Local Ban Variations
Global Ban Variations
- /ban <playername|uuid> <reason> - bans the player
- /rban <playername|uuid> <reason> - rollback and ban
- E.G. /ban Firestarthe breaking my sign *
Temporary Ban Variations
- /ban <playername|uuid> g <reason> - global ban
- /gban <playername|uuid> <reason> - global ban
- /rban <playername|uuid> g <reason> - rollback and global ban
- E.G. /ban g Firestarthe griefing *
IP Ban Variations
- /ban <playername|uuid> t <int> <m/h/d> <reason> - temp bans a player
- /tban <playername|uuid> <int> <m/h/d> <reason> - temp bans a player
- /rban <playername|uuid> t <int> <m/h/d> <reason> - temp bans a player and rolls them back
- E.G. /tban Firestarthe 15 m you are banned for 15 minutes *
- /banip <IP> [reason] - bans an IP address ( /unban <IP> to unban ip address)
- /lookup <playername|uuid> - checks players ban history (local/global bans)
- /banlookup <banID> - checks ban details
- /kick <playername|uuid> [reason] - kicks a player from the game
- /unban <playername|IP|uuid> - unbans the player/IP from your server
- mcbans.admin (default: op) - Admin privileges to mcbans
- mcbans.ban.global (default: op) - Allow global ban player
- mcbans.ban.local (default: op) - Allow local ban player
- mcbans.ban.temp (default: op) - Allow temp ban player
- mcbans.ban.rollback (default: op) - Allow use rban command
- mcbans.ban.ip (default: op) - Allow use banip command
- mcbans.unban (default: op) - Allow unban player
- mcbans.view.alts (default: op) - Show notification of a players alts on connect
- mcbans.view.bans (default: op) - Show previous ban information on player connect
- mcbans.view.staff (default: true) - Show notification of a mcbans staff on connect
- mcbans.hideview (default: false) - Hide player view alts/previous bans on connect
- mcbans.lookup.player (default: op) - Allow lookup player ban history
- mcbans.lookup.ban (default: op) - Allow lookup ban details
- mcbans.lookup.alt (default: op) - Allow lookup alt account
- mcbans.kick (default: op) - Allow kick player
- mcbans.kick.exempt (default: op) - Exempt from kicks
- mcbans.ban.exempt (default: op) - Exempt from bans
We'll always be able to help and will try to the best of our ability to resolve any questions or issues you may have!
- Download the latest MCBans JAR file and put on your plugins directory
- Run your server
- Go to http://my.mcbans.com/servers
- Copy your API key
- On your server, open /plugins/MCBans/config.yml in a text editor
- Enter your apiKey: 342903849263048203874 (this number is an example of your APIkey)
- Change any configurations that you want
- Restart your server or type /mcbans reload
- All done!
MCBans Staff Debug Commands
The plugin contains commands which give descriptive data to help diagnose issues that your server may have. These commands are strictly read-only and provide only information. The commands include ones that send permissions debug data + MCBans variable sizes, a message sent to administrators verifying that they are MCBans staff, as well as API key info and MINREP settings. This data is only probed when your server has requested support regarding issues with the MCBans plugin.
Customizable Global - Local - Temporary Ban Solution
i cant use it. the plugin works, but i cant create an account because every username ever is used. cant access my old account because apparently it cant find my old accont. dont use, the website doesnt seem to wanna work anymore. the plugin is useless without the website
I've been part of a server that uses MCBans exclusively, and have personally used it, for 4 years. The unique features it offers makes it a step above other ban plugins.
The interconnectedness of MCBans servers allows server staff to be aware of possible spammers with the alternate account listings that originate from their database, as well as spot players attempting to avoid their own bans, in a much more efficient way than relying on local ban plugins.
Their system of local and global bans effectively categorizes and labels behavior that is almost universally harmful to Minecraft servers and their players, and allows rightful bans (with proof) to follow the offending players from server to server, warning other potential victims.
Furthermore, their reputation system for players allows servers to set limits as to how many (Global) bans that player can have to be allowed on to their server. It's a good way of keeping actively destructive and offensive people off your server, without having to deal with the fallout of them.
I've never had an unfair encounter with a MCBans staff member, even in situations where I, myself, was in the wrong.
All in all, 10/10, would ban again.
(Full disclosure - I am not a dev/author, but I have been on the staff team for this plugin).
MCBans is the only global ban plugin with a large enough server base to be effective, and a functional dispute team in which a resolution is decided by an unbiased party rather than by the server staff alone.
Plugin settings allow server staff to decide which other servers' ban information to trust, and the plugin can also be used purely as an informational tool so that you can see a player's ban history upon connection, but make up your own mind about whether or not to let them stay. Exceptions can also be added for specific players.
The server I co-own used this plugin for years, even before I was MCBans staff, and it always served us well.
Would not reccomend using this if your life depended on it. Administrators of the plugin are allowed to permanently ban anyone they hold a grudge against from their system if they please. This will in turn ban them from the hundreds of servers they control. Allowing another service to manage your bans is probably one of the worst ideas ever conceived. This plugin and its community has also had a number of scandals associated with it, such as the Doridian and Zidonuke scandal. Go for BanManagement or Litebans, you will not regret that decision.