- Tested Minecraft Versions:
- Jacob Marshall
4 years later, after being abandoned, the #1 censor plugin for Bukkit returns. This time, MelooonCensor is an open source project hosted on GitHub (https://github.com/jacobmarshall/meloooncensor).
MelooonCensor 3 is a complete re-write of the original plugin back in 2012. It aims to target a more specific requirement, which is censoring - not muting. I believe that it makes more sense to write a piece of software which does one thing well, and not many things averagely.
Your ideas and issues are welcome in the discussion thread, or on GitHub issues (https://github.com/jacobmarshall/meloooncensor/issues). Also, feel free to fork the code and send a PR if you think you have a cool idea worth sharing!
- Fully customisable censor list
- Censors text on signs [NEW]
- 3rd party filter support (currently in beta)
- Multiple chat filters (classic - which censors words which are on your censor list, and strict - which prevents messages from sending if they contain any words which are on the censor list)
- An ignore list (for any words which contain bad words, but aren't bad themselves)
- Automatic update notifications (the plugin ties into GitHub, and notifies you when there is a new version available)
- Helpful commands to allow you to add words on the fly (without needing to touch the configuration file)
- Command aliases to make configuring quick and easy
- /censor add (censor|ignore) (word)
Adds a word to either the censor or ignore list.
Permission: meloooncensor.add.censor and meloooncensor.add.ignore
- /censor remove (censor|ignore) (word)
Removes a word from either the censor or ignore list.
Permission: meloooncensor.remove.censor and meloooncensor.remove.ignore
- /censor list [censor|ignore]
Displays the words in either the censor or ignore list (or both if omitted).
Permission: meloooncensor.list.censor and meloooncensor.list.ignore
- /censor (enable|disable)
Enables or disables the censor filter.
Permission: meloooncensor.enable and meloooncensor.disable
- /censor reload
Reloads any modifications made to the config.yml file.
Servers Using MelooonCensor
Bypasses the censor filter when assigned to a user/group.
All servers are tested before they're added to this list, for quality. And I fine pick the ones that make the cut!
- www.mashedcraft-cubed.enjin.com (IP: MashedCraft.Cubed.Pro) - A great server with lots of fun minigames and a wonderful community to go with it.