If Message Editor made customizing your server easier and better or you just appreciate my work, consider donating or leaving a positive review below. It really means a lot!
- Native Minecraft Version:
- Tested Minecraft Versions:
- Source Code:
There are a lot of messages that are either unmodifiable or are modifiable but only by installing additional plugins. Why would you do that? Now you can install Message Editor and actually edit both without installing more plugins.
With Message Editor you can edit existing messages that require additional plugins (like join message). However, Message Editor also offers editing messages that are unmodifiable by default and requires you to for example override the whole feature (like /version command).
You will find Message Editor very useful if there are messages you simply cannot edit but want to better customize your server.
Message Editor supports:
- Editing chat messages - since 1.0.0
- Editing action bar messages - since 1.0.0
- Editing kick/disconnect messages - since 1.1.0
- Cancelling sending messages - since 1.2.4
- Editing boss bar titles - since 1.3.0 (requires server version at least 1.9)
- Triggering message editing only on specific positions - since 1.3.2
- Editing message positions - since 1.4.0
- (Not yet) Editing scoreboard titles
- (Not yet) Editing scoreboard entries
If you found a bug or issue, have an idea that you would love to be implemented, or have a problem while using the plugin, create an issue on the project's issue tracker. Be sure to report everything you consider relevant when reporting bugs and issues.
There is a chance that a version fixing your particular bug or issue was already released. Make sure you are running the latest version of Message Editor. You can always download the latest version of Message Editor here.
For server operators
Download Message Editor from the link above. After that you should take a look at the usage section as it explains everything and should teach you how to use the plugin.
Message Editor requires ProtocolLib to work.
You can also add PlaceholderAPI and MVdWPlaceholderAPI if you want to use placeholders in edited messages.
All images are before and after the message has been edited using Message Editor.
Message Editor 1.4.2
Edit in-game messages that were previously unmodifiable