If Message Editor made customizing your server easier and better or you just appreciate my work, consider donating or leaving a positive review below. It really means a lot!
- Tested Minecraft Versions:
- Source Code:
There are a lot of messages that are either unmodifiable or are modifiable but only by installing additional plugins. Now you can install Message Editor and edit both without having to install additional plugins.
With Message Editor you can edit existing messages that just require additional plugins (like join message). However, Message Editor also offers editing messages that are unmodifiable by default and require you to for example override the whole feature (like /version command).
You will find Message Editor very useful if there are messages you simply cannot edit but want to better customize your server.
Message Editor supports:
- Editing chat messages - since 1.0.0
- Editing action bar messages - since 1.0.0
- Editing kick/disconnect messages - since 1.1.0
- Cancelling sending messages - since 1.2.4
- Editing boss bar titles - since 1.3.0 (requires server version at least 1.9)
- Triggering message editing only on specific positions - since 1.3.2
- Editing message positions - since 1.4.0
- Editing scoreboard titles - since 1.5.0
- Editing scoreboard entries - since 1.6.0
- Editing messages with GUI - since 2.0.0
- Editing inventory titles - since 2.2.0
- Editing inventory item names - since 2.3.0
- Editing inventory item lores - since 2.3.0
- Editing entity names - since 2.4.0
If you found a bug or issue, have an idea that you would love to be implemented, or have a problem while using the plugin, create an issue on the project's issue tracker. Be sure to report everything you consider relevant when reporting bugs and issues.
There is a chance that a version fixing your particular bug or issue was already released so make sure you are running the latest version of Message Editor before seeking support. You can always download the latest version of Message Editor here.
For server operators
Download Message Editor from the link above. After that you should take a look at the usage section as it explains everything and should teach you how to use the plugin.
Message Editor requires ProtocolLib to work.
You can also add PlaceholderAPI and MVdWPlaceholderAPI if you want to use placeholders in edited messages.
Now in order to be able to edit messages via clicking on them or by using the /message-editor command, you have to become an operator or give yourself the "messageeditor.use" permission. This also allows you to see update notifications.
My other resources
Rewardable Activities - Simple and easy to use plugin that lets you reward players when they do certain activities. (Free)
Weighted Dripleaves - Simple and easy to use plugin that turns dripleaves into weighted ones. (Free)
Images show first the original message and then the same message but after being edited using Message Editor.
Basic message editing:
Message place editing:
Advanced message editing:
Message Editor 2.4.6
Edit in-game messages that were previously unmodifiable
- 2.4.6 - 1.17 support Jun 18, 2021 at 3:34 PM
- 2.4.5 - Hex colors support Jun 8, 2021
- 2.4.4 - Error fix when reading/writing entity name Feb 21, 2021