- Native Minecraft Version:
- Tested Minecraft Versions:
- Source Code:
MicroLib is a resource for developers - a library of Java code containing a bunch of useful methods and classes which will make plugin development faster, easier and cleaner.
Server owners won't even notice MicroLib's presence as it only runs code when a developer's plugin asks for it. No repeating tasks, no event listeners, no metrics.. nothing but code for other plugins to utilise!
Developers are recommended to shade it in their plugins using Maven - this makes it so that users installing their plugin don't have to install MicroLib alongside it (no dependency!). Otherwise, server owners will need to install MicroLib in their plugins folder, which does have the advantage of a lower file size for the plugin utilising it (especially premium plugins, which may struggle with embedded libraries' sizes).
Server owners: You can install this resource into your /plugins/ folder, although it won't actually do anything other than allow other plugins to access it if need be.
This library should run on any Minecraft version that isn't prehistoric. I'd say, 'give it a test' if you're unsure.
- Discord Server (chat with other server owners, ask for help)
- Documentation (installation, commands, permissions, configuration, integration in your plugins)
- Source Code
- To-do list on Trello
- Doesn't do any stupid things in the background to slow down your server. Just sits there and does what other plugins want it to do!
- Various useful Java classes for plugin developers:
- This class allows you to translate standard color codes (&a, etc), hex color codes (&#abcdef, etc - will skip if server is older than 1.16), and also both in one method! Four separate methods for the developer to choose exactly what they want.
- RGB support is only available on Spigot-based servers, that are 1.16 or newer. Note that MicroLib still works on CraftBukkit, in this case the method will just do nothing.
- This class is used to check what major version of Minecraft the server is running. Currently it supports back to Minecraft 1.6, more can be added if requested. There is an UNKNOWN enum type if the server is older than the oldest detected major Minecraft version, i.e. 1.6.
- Simple methods (e.g. isOneSixteen())
- Slightly more complex methods, calculation wise - (e.g. getMajorMinecraftVersion())
- Get/set the prefix. Set the prefix once and forget it.
- Removes the white [PluginName] prefix.
- Can log messages without a prefix.
- Messages are logged with colour (even on Spigot servers now, thanks to @stumper66!).
- An object that contains all the necessary variables and methods to store and play sounds
- An object that contains all the necessary variables and methods to store and play titles
- Easy management of YAML configuration files!
- Create item stack objects in a single line of code
- Check if the player in a PlayerMoveEvent moved their X, Y and/or Z coordinate.
- Check if the player in a PlayerMoveEvent moved a full X, Y and/or Z coordinate.
- For plugins that need to run heavier code on PlayerMoveEvent, this class can be used to increase the server's performance by not running the heavy code when a player just decided to move their head a smidge.
- This is the UpdateChecker class from the Wiki that has been slightly adapted.
- Asynchronous (won't freeze the server whilst it checks)
- Please note that this class only works on Minecraft servers version 1.11.x and newer. Simply ensure VersionUtils#isOneEleven, if so, run the update checker.
- ...and more, go check out the repository
I only provide technical support on the ArcanePlugins Discord Server.
Please ensure that you have read the documentation before asking for help.
Here are plugins that use MicroLib! PM me if your plugin uses it if you want and I can add it to this list.
As a student, it is difficult to find time to work on my projects. I highly appreciate all donations that come my way.
Here are the two websites I use to accept donations:
Donators on my Discord server may ask me to receive an announcement in hall-of-donators and/or a special role.
DEVS, CONTRIBUTORS & TESTERS
Frequent developers for MicroLib:
- @lokka30 (author, main developer)
Kind contributors to MicroLib:
Testers of MicroLib:
- @Elementeral and @imDaniX for supplying the hex color translation method
- @stumper66 for making various improvements as to how MicroLib handles color codes for different server software implementations
Licensed under the MIT License. By using MicroLib, you agree to the license.
I really appreciate feedback and criticism so I know if MicroLib is heading in the right direction.
However, do not use the reviews section as means to get support. There's a discord server for that!
MicroLib ~ (for 1.7.x - 1.17.x) 2.4.0
A simple lightweight shadeable library for plugin development!