MineTags detects hashtags and username in chat messages, highlights them and then sends it to a server that ranks the trending topics.
Players on my server really liked having hashtags in Minecraft as it made conversation more interactive. Therefore I decided to take the idea and create an up-to-date version where I could add the features I wanted.
- Coloured #hashtags in chat
- Supports multiple hashtags per message
- Player @tagging with "note"ifications
- Can't spam players with sounds (only every 10 seconds)
- /trending command to see the top hashtags worldwide
- Trending tags are based on time (say, if they haven't been used that day/week then they aren't shown as popular)
- Options in config for permissions, global trending server and custom hashtag colour
- Works on Spigot 1.8
- /minetags [reload]
Global Trending Server
Check out the top hashtags by typing /trending in-game or here on the MineTags website: boveybrawlers.com/minetags
Use the MineTags-API to show the Global Trending Server information on your own website. Tutorial can be found on my GitHub repo.
MineTags is based off of the inactive plugin Minecraft Hashtags, all credit goes to aaron524 for this idea.