- Native Minecraft Version:
- Tested Minecraft Versions:
- Elriclespiques (FR translations), Zegameus (ES translations), 貓咪 (zh-Hant translations)
- Languages Supported:
- English, Spanish, French, Traditional ChineseMobs To Eggs gives your server a catchy new feature with players able to “catch” mobs by throwing chicken eggs (or a custom projectile) at them.
You can define a catch chance to make it easy or difficult to catch a mobs depending on what you want on your server.
Don’t want players to be able to catch a certain mob? Just toggle the mob off in the config or give players permissions for all mobs except the one.
- Catch mobs and give players spawn eggs.
- Pick and choose which mobs can be caught.
- Change the projectile the catches the mob (snowball, egg, ender pearl, etc)
- Define the catch chance for a customized experience.
- Per mob catch chance.
- Per mob catch price.
- Works right out of the box.
- Customizable messages.
- 63 mobs to catch.
- Supports Enderman catching.
- Support for 1.16 mobs.
- Works on 1.13.2 through to 1.16.1
- Charge players money or items for a successful capture.
- Allow or deny spawner changing (works per mob too).
- Customize the catching particles and sounds.
- Give the mob catching capsule a custom name and/or lore.
Throw a chicken egg (or a custom projectile defined in the config) at the mob you want to catch and it will have a chance to be encapsulated into the mob egg.
If you wish to use economy features, you need to install Vault and an economy plugin.
- /mte | Show plugin information (No permission needed)
- /mte help | Display the plugin help menu (No permission needed)
- /mte info | Show the catch chance (No permission needed)
- /mte reload | Reload plugin config file (mobstoeggs.*)
- /mte give <amount> <player> | Give a specified amount of mob catching capsules to the selected player (mobstoeggs.give)
mobstoeggs.* | Grant access to all plugin features.
mobstoeggs.give | Grant access to the /mte give <amount> <player> command.
mobstoeggs.catch.* | Grant access to catch all mob types (‘use-permissions’ in the config needs to be ‘true’, setting this to ‘false’ will not make a difference for this particular permission node).
mobstoeggs.catch.pig_zombie (1.15 or lower)
mobstoeggs.spawner.* | Allow players to change the spawner by right-clicking on it with an egg (needs allow-spawner-changing to be false).
mobstoeggs.spawner.pig_zombie (1.15 or lower)
%mobname% | The name of the mob an egg is thrown at.
%money% | The cost of a mob capture (only for 'economy-success' & 'economy-fail').
# Here you can define a type of projectile used to capture mobs. You can give it a name and lore too.
# Set this true to be notified in-game when a new plugin version is available to download, or set false to hide the notification.
# Control whether to allow baby mobs to be caught. It is recommended to keep this false as players can bypass the growth of the mob.
# Control if sheared mobs like sheep can be caught. Players can bypass the sheep wool growth time if this is set true.
# Control whether to allow tamed mobs like wolves and horses to be caught. It is recommended to keep this false to prevent players un-taming another player's mobs
# Control whether baby chickens will spawn if your capsule type is set to EGG. With this set as false, chickens will not spawn when eggs are thrown.
# This controls whether per mob permission checks should be used. If allow-spawner-changing is false, if this value is true it will check if a player has the spawner changing permission.
# Do you want to use the values defined in this config for all mobs (true), or do you want to use the values in mobs.yml and set values per mob (false)?
# The global catch chance for all mobs. This is a percentage between 1 and 100 without the % sign.
# If a player fails to catch the mob, should they get the capsule back?
# Control whether mob eggs can be used to change the spawner type.
# The language to translate messages to. We currently support EN, ES, FR
# Is there a cost to catching a mob? Valid options are NONE, ECONOMY, ITEM
# Define the cost for catching a mob. If cost-type is ECONOMY set this value to a number without any currency symbols. If cost-type is ITEM set this to ITEM_NAME-# where item name is the name of the item and # is the amount of the item.
# Control whether mobs with custom names should be caught or not.
# Check whether a mob is allowed to take damage before capturing. This value is useful to set true if you have WorldGuard or a land claim plugin, and want to stop players catching mobs in these regions.
# Define the particle and sound effects that are played when a mob is caught.
# x,y,z offset for the particles
# The sound to play when a mob is caught
# Can be set to any number between 0 and 2
no-perms: "&cYou don't have permission to do this!"
no-change-spawner: "&cYou can't change this spawner!"
catch-message: "&eYou caught the %mobname%&e!"
economy-success: "&a$%money%&a has been taken from your account!"
economy-fail: "&cYou need $%money%&c to catch the %mobname%&c!"
try-catch-sheared: "&cYou can't catch sheared sheep!"
try-catch-tamed: "&cYou can't catch tamed mobs!"
try-catch-baby: "&cYou can't catch baby mobs!"
try-catch-denied: "&cYou can't catch %mobname%s!"
try-catch-custom: "&cYou can't catch the mob named %mobname%&c!"
try-catch-protected: "&cThis mob is protected and can't be caught"
given-capsule: "&bYou were given %amount% mob capture capsules!"
These servers are using Mobs To Eggs:
- Cubera | play.cuberamc.com
- Porocraft | mc.porocraft.net
- The Land Of Zolth | play.zolth.com
(Want your server on the list? Head over to our discord server and ask there, be sure to leave a review below if you have Mobs To Eggs running on your server)
Please don't use the review section for support! All support is provided on our Discord server http://discord.sugar.fyi.
Mobs To Eggs 1.5.5
A mob catcher where you throw chicken eggs at mobs for a chance to catch them!
- MobsToEggs 1.5.5 - MC 1.16.* support, per spawner permissions Jun 26, 2020
- MobsToEggs 1.5.4 - Item cost and bug fixes Apr 19, 2020
- MobsToEggs 1.5.3_1 - PATCH for bugs from 1.5.3 Mar 6, 2020