- Tested Minecraft Versions:
- Baccayarro, AJCStriker, mwkaicz, cccm5
For a video showing the capabilities of the plugin, within the context of an action orientated web series, click here:
A Brief Description
Movecraft is a plugin that players to build crafts out of minecraft blocks. These crafts can then be piloted, moved around, and taken into battle with each other. Hence the name MoveCraft.
Movecraft was first created by Yogoda for hMod.
This is BaccaYarro's (AKA: Loraxe42) fork, which has been extensively refined, recoded, and optimized with an eye towards combat purposes. Although if you would rather sail the oceans or fly the skies of your world in peace, it does that well too.
Here is a brief summary of Movecraft features:
Control Method Options
- Sign and Pilot Tool
- Sign only
- Direct Control (the players movements control the craft)
- Misc Commands - /manoverboard, /release, etc
- Remote Signs to remotely activate command signs from other parts of the ship (Turn turrets, launch torpedoes, etc)
- Basic craft configuration options including size, speed, allowed block types, required blocks, etc
- Customizable Cruise Control to keep the craft moving forward
- Customizable Fuel Burning behavior
- Customizable sinking/crashing behavior including smoke, explosion on impact, and uncontrollable dives
- Restricting motion to horizontal or vertical planes
- Customizable "Hover" land contour following behavior for cars and surface vehicles
- Optional craft teleportation
- Require water contact for sailing ships and water craft
- Allow travel underwater (or forbid it)
- Crafts that explode when they collide with things for ramming or torpedoes
- Repair signs to repair your ship, requires mats, and can require a fee. This feature can also be used to create factories that can automatically build crafts, including arming their weapons.
- Customizable Pilot Tool for craft control (or you can disable it to force sign only movement)
- Man Overboard timeout to allow anyone who falls out of a craft to get back in it
- Configurable WorldGuard protection against moving into forbidden areas or sinking over protected areas
- Siege system: fight in the siege cap region, and if the attacker is still in command of a craft at the end of a timer, the attacker takes over the region.
- Assault system: shell an enemy base, inflicting damage that they must pay to repair. If they do not, or run out of money, they lose ownership of the region.
Movecraft uses the following permissions:
For example, if you have a craft named "Airship", you would need movecraft.Airship.pilot, movecraft.Airship.move, and movecraft.Airship.rotate in order to completely use it.
There is also:
movecraft.<craft name>.create - only required if RequireCreatePerm is set to true in config.yml
movecraft.cruisesign - only required if RequireCreatePerm is set to true in config.yml
movecraft.commands - grants access to /pilot, /cruise, /release, /rotateleft, /rotateright, /craftreport
You can also control these granularly with:
Movecraft does not require any other plugin to function, however certain features require additional plugins:
WorldEdit (>6.0) - For repair system
Vault - For payment system
In addition, the following plugins are supported for compatibility:
Cannons - Cannons will move with a piloted craft
WorldGuard - Region protection
Most common permission plugins - Assign permissions to various craft features
The official home server of Movecraft is the Airship Pirates World server. This is based on the setting of the Airship Pirates YouTube series, which I also produce.
You can find our forums here:
Any funds from donations or premium versions of the plugin support Movecraft development or the Airship Pirates World server.
Localisation is fully integrated into Movecraft 3. Locale can be set inside the config.yml.
Troubleshooting, Error Reporting
Please use this site to report errors and for troubleshooting assistance:https://github.com/msummers123/Movecraft-3/issues
Design, construct, battle, and conquer using crafts composed of Minecraft blocks
- Tile entity fix for moving underwater Jul 30, 2017
- Only supports Minecraft version 1.10.2 WILL NOT WORK WITH OTHER VERSIONS Jul 29, 2017
- Fix for /assault and /assaultinfo bug Nov 8, 2016