For a video showing the capabilities of the plugin, within the context of an action orientated web series, click here:
- Native Minecraft Version:
- Legacy (< 1.13)
- Tested Minecraft Versions:
- Source Code:
- cccm5, eirikh1996, Baccayarro, AJCStriker, mwkaicz
A Brief Description
Movecraft is a plugin that players to build crafts out of minecraft blocks. These crafts can then be piloted, moved around, and taken into battle with each other. Hence the name MoveCraft.
Troubleshooting, Error Reporting
Please use the github issues section to report errors as well as for troubleshooting. Also, check out the wiki to see if the information you're looking for already exists.
Movecraft was first created by Yogoda for hMod. It was than mantained for several years by BaccaYarro's (AKA: Loraxe42).
Here is a brief summary of Movecraft features:
Control Method Options
- Sign and Pilot Tool
- Sign only
- Direct Control (the players movements control the craft)
- Misc Commands - /manoverboard, /release, etc
- Remote Signs to remotely activate command signs from other parts of the ship (Turn turrets, launch torpedoes, etc)
For a comprehensive list of CraftType settings, check out the page on the wiki.
- Basic craft configuration options including size, speed, allowed block types, required blocks, etc
- Customizable Cruise Control to keep the craft moving forward
- Customizable Fuel Burning behavior
- Customizable sinking/crashing behavior including smoke, explosion on impact, and uncontrollable dives
- Restricting motion to horizontal or vertical planes
- Customizable "Hover" land contour following behavior for cars and surface vehicles
- Allow travel through water and anything else (or forbid it)
- Crafts that explode when they collide with things for ramming or torpedoes
- Repair signs to repair your ship, requires mats, and can require a fee.
- Customizable Pilot Tool for craft control (or you can disable it to force sign only movement)
- Man Overboard timeout to allow anyone who falls out of a craft to get back in it
- Configurable WorldGuard protection against moving into forbidden areas or sinking over protected areas
- Siege system: fight in the siege cap region, and if the attacker is still in command of a craft at the end of a timer, the attacker takes over the region.
- Assault system: shell an enemy base, inflicting damage that they must pay to repair. If they do not, or run out of money, they lose ownership of the region.
For an extensive list of permissions, check the wiki.
Movecraft does not require any other plugin to function, however certain features require additional plugins:
- WorldEdit (>6.0) - For repair system
- Vault - For payment system
- Cannons - Cannons will move with a piloted craft
- WorldGuard - Region protection
The official home server of Movecraft is the Airship Pirates World server. This is based on the setting of the Airship Pirates YouTube series, which was produced by BaccaYarro.
You can find their forums here:
Localisation is fully integrated into Movecraft. Locale can be set inside the config.yml.
Movecraft 7.0.0 beta 3 hotfix
Design, construct, battle, and conquer using crafts composed of Minecraft blocks