- Native Minecraft Version:
- Tested Minecraft Versions:
- Source Code:
- https://github.com/Multiverse/Multiverse-CoreAbout MV2
Multiverse was created at the dawn of Bukkit multiworld support. It has since then grown into a complete world management solution including special treatment of your nether worlds with Multiverse-NetherPortals.
In the second delivery of Multiverse, we've broken it up into several smaller plugins that are each feature packed but not bloated! Multiverse provides the easiest to use world management solution for your Minecraft server, big or small, and with great addons like Portals and NetherPortals, what's not to love!
Multiverse is back, and works for the latest server build! Is your server, a Multiverse?
MV2 Core Features
Features if you want to add Multiverse-Portals
- Create multiple worlds of different types, seeds and with Custom Generators
- Keep your skylands using a custom generator (MV 2.2+)
- Set the mode per world (creative or survival)
- Create Multiverse Portals to let users go between other portals, worlds, or locations
- Restrict users from going to specific worlds by using permissions
- SuperPerms API Permissions support
- Economy Support!
- Show which users are in what worlds with /mv who
- Color your worlds when the appear in chat!
- Custom world Aliases. (leave your folder names alone! use an Alias!)
- Restrict Animal/Monster Spawning. Per animal/monster! (Why hello creeper world!)
- World scaling with Multiverse-NetherPortals
- Conserve memory by having some worlds NOT keep their spawn chunks loaded!
- Fantastic in-game help just use /mvh SEARCH
- Support for worlds with spaces!
- Purge all those unwanted animals/monsters from your world!
- Perform all per-world modifications with in-game commands! Stop getting those YAML errors!
- Teleport yourself and others to any Multiverse Destination
- See our Wiki for more info!
Features if you install Multiverse-NetherPortals
- Restrict users from using specific portals using permissions.
- Charge users to use specific portals!
- Exempt users from portal fees.
- Launch users through the air when they enter a Multiverse Portal!
- Allow minecarts/boats through Multiverse-Portals
- Allow a nether per real world!
- Let nether portals built in a world go to a specific world
- Custom World Scaling when using NetherPortals! (All types of worlds, normal, skylands and nether supported! Even Custom generators!)
To see what information this plugin may collect and send out from your server click here
Is Multiverse Missing that little something that you need?
Ask us! Or better yet, hop on our Discord Server and tell us that you'd like to fork us and add a feature! You can of course do this without consulting us, but we cannot accept pull requests that will break Multiverse for the rest of our users! Don't go write your own World Management plugin, join the team and submit a pull request
Want your plugin to use the Multiverse API
See the JavaDocs!
Multiverse, the best world management plugin for your server!
I see several negative evaluations, but in my case I have to say that for the use I have given it (for versions 1.12.2 with an older version found in Craftbukkit, and with 1.13.2 which is the version that can be downloaded here ) I can say that it works perfectly for me and that I don't have any errors with worlds, loading, modifying gamemodes and gamerules, etc.
This is one of the most un-reliable plugins I have ever used in my 6 years of making Minecraft servers. When it comes to plugins as long as it functions the way its supposed to and gets the work done, I am completely fine with it, but with multiverse core all of that comes crumbling down. I cannot even import a world without it resetting when reloading the server, and 90% of the time the import crashes and corrupts my world or just won't add it to the config either way. Creating a world is not that terrible but it is way more time consuming typing out the annoying command they have given us and sometimes it does not even come out the way it was supposed to be generated. The support is also awful and this plugin is lucky I did not rate it one star because of the world generation being decent. I got some bootleg plugin from 2015 and even that works way better than this. If I am being honest I do not recommend this plugin one bit and I highly suggest looking for an alternate solution for this type of plugin.
[04:35:08 WARN]: [Multiverse-Core] "Multiverse-Core v4.3.2-SNAPSHOT-b870" has registered a listener for org.bukkit.event.entity.EntityCreatePortalEvent on method "public void com.onarandombox.MultiverseCore.listeners.MVPortalListener.entityPortalCreate(org.bukkit.event.entity.EntityCreatePortalEvent)", but the event is Deprecated. "Server performance will be affected"; please notify the authors [dumptruckman, Rigby, fernferret, lithium3141, main--].
This plugin WORKS on 1.18!!! I just hopped onto the discord and one of the mods stated it is fully working with 1.18. I will test this myself, but I would advise others to try it so the developers see the problems with the current version and have more feedback to work with! Love the plugin, but hate it not stating 1.18 officially!!!
This plugin and all of its functions are exceptionally well engineered!
On top of that, it is simple to use and works without any issues as far as I can tell.
I definitely recommend the Multiverse Plugin Series (Core, Portals, etc.) to everyone out there, who wants to have multiple worlds running on their server.
Combining multiverse with for example EssentialsX gives you the possibility to simply set warps in the different worlds and Essentials will teleport you across all Multiverse worlds with a simple /warp abc123 command!
Congratulations to the devs and maintainers of Multiverse for this really great plugin!