[WARNING] Make sure you're using latest spigot/paper version (1.16.4)
- Native Minecraft Version:
- Tested Minecraft Versions:
This plugin is a fork of trevorzucker/NameHide (you can find his source code on github) which doesn't work on 1.16.4 and got last updated 5 months ago the release of my fork.
so hope you like it
What is ShokoNameHide?
ShokoNameHide is a plugin. (Yes, it is, believe me!)
This plugin hides player's name plates when the player is not visible.
For Example when a player is behind a block
How it works:
All name plates are hidden by default - by setting every player on the same Scoreboard team -- subsequently disabling nametags.
Then, for each player that is visible, we create invisible CLIENTSIDE (using packets magic) armor stands, with a custom name.
That armor stand takes the name of the player, and follows them around. Once the player moves out of view, the armor stand despawns.
- No server load since all nameplates are clientside
- Custom armor stand nameplates (using the player's display name)
- Lightweight resource usage due to many optimizations