A public release version of the plugin that ran the famous Naval Battlezone server!
- Tested Minecraft Versions:
- Source Code:
- Maximuspayne, Premejo, Sycoprime, Yogoda
Due to some evidence I received that some individuals out there may be attempting to claim exclusive ownership to my plugin, I've had to post this notice. This is a PUBLICLY released plugin that includes it's source code with it. That means anybody is free to use, modify and incorporate this plugin as they see fit. NOBODY owns exclusive access to this plugin. I, Maximuspayne, have been the primary contributor of over 75% of the work in the plugin over the past 6 years, and the plugin represents my hard work. I am the ultimate authority on the ownership of this plugin, and it is my wish that it forever remain open for other developers to incorporate and expand upon. To anybody out there who is trying to selfishly take control over somebody else's work...seriously? Quit being a bottom-feeder...quit trying to take control over an old, dated, piece of junk code anyway. Spend your time trying to make it better, or make your server unique for the things it does best...quit trying to be selfish and trying to steal work. Make your own work, and make it better...if you put in the work and improve upon your own branch of it, you won't have to worry about people stealing this older copy since yours is better anyway! Please refer to Apache license below.
BETA STATE - This plugin was just released and is extremely untested. Expect many bugs and updates...read below for more info.
Check out my fundraiser page to support development of the plugin and future NBZ server time...
The NavyCraft plugin allows players to build, drive, and fight with custom made vehicles that they make out of blocks in game. NavyCraft is a fork off of an old 2012 abandoned version of MoveCraft, that has since added many exciting combat and physics based features to make the experience more realistic and fun. The blocks in the vehicles don't move smoothly through space, but instead they change their position in steps. The plugin allows for a lot of detail, the following is a short list of features of the plugin...
- Ability to custom build, drive, and fight with ships, submarines, airplanes, helicopters, and tanks (other vehicles possible).
- Vehicle weapons, cannons, torpedoes, depth charges, and bombs.
- Detailed vehicle equipment available through the use of customized signs. Signs can work as a functioning radar, sonar, radio, submarine diving controls, helm readouts, and more.
- Custom Blocks and Textures. Many of the Minecraft blocks have been repurposed (armor blocks, barrel blocks, etc) some with custom uses and values like weight. You can see the results of the NavyCraft resource pack in our screenshots and videos.
- Physics. Vehicles exhibit momentum in their movement and mimic their real life counterparts. Buoyancy is modeled in ships and submarines. Ships can sink if they dip too low in the water or take too much damage. Aircraft have to reach takeoff speed and fall out of the sky after too much damage.
- Crew system. Players can team up and be a part of a crew on a vehicle together with a captain as their leader.
And also to go to Youtube and search Naval Battlezone, there are many user-made videos of the server and plugin. A couple of excellent channels include
This "lite" version removes some of the complex features that were intended only for Naval Battlezone, and are too difficult to maintain or make configurable in a public version. The automated shipyard and associated commands have been removed, the official automated battle system has been removed, and the player rank system has also been removed. It is still possible to manually build SELECT plots and use the SPAWN system though.
Note that this plugin is still very raw and under a lot of work, but I went ahead and uploaded this early version to get my page going and make it available for server operators to begin testing and getting familiar with using it. Expect many bugs and updates soon to fix them. I do not recommend trying this plugin unless you are an experienced server operator, and only do so at your own risk, and make sure to backup everything. Even when everything works correctly, a plugin full of battleships, torpedoes, and bombs can be very destructive to any world.
After running the plugin once, it will generate it's configuration folder and basic vehicle types. Open the navycraft.xml to set your EnabledWorlds to the name of the world(s) you want the plugin's weapons to be able to function in. It is a lot easier if you have some of the original NBZ server files to help with the setup process, and I apologize for the difficulty. Over time we will be working on making this process much easier.
On first time running, the plugin will automatically generate its configuration files and new updated default vehicle type files. The plugin should now automatically be ready to work, and will be configured to work for world name "world". If you are upgrading from an older version, I recommend you delete your NavyCraft configuration folder and run it to generate the newer configs.
You can download the resource packs and some of the old worlds from the old NBZ to help your setup here...
AimCannonNC is no longer a needed dependency, it is fully integrated into NavyCraft now. EssentialsGroupManager is no longer a dependency.
No client mods are necessary to use a NavyCraft server. However, we do highly recommend using Optifine. Optifine not only improves the look and performance of your client, but also makes the vehicle movement (especially on large vehicles) look much better and update quicker if configured right.
This plugin has a very steep learning curve and we don't have a lot of help available yet unfortunately. The best resources would be to check out our wiki and to check out Youtube training videos that members have posted.
For in-game help type "/navycraft" or just "/nc"
For vehicle specific commands, type "/ship help"
Permissions have recently been reworked, and require further testing.
- navycraft.[VEHICLE TYPE] - grants permission to use specific vehicle type ex. "navycraft.ship" "navycraft.aircraft"
- navycraft.basic - grants usage of basic help commands, allows periscope and aa-gun use
- navycraft.signcreate - allows players to place vehicle and equipment signs
- navycraft.takeover - allows players to takeover an enemy ship after a timer
- navycraft.admin - grants usage of admin commands and cleanup mode
- navycraft.free - makes vehicle and equipment purchases free
- navycraft.kit - grants usage of the "/sailor" kit
- navycraft.reload - reload weapons, not functional at this time
- navycraft.drive - allows driving vehicle using command instead of sign (unsupported at this time)
- navycraft.remote - allows remote controlling of vehicles (unsupported at this time)
- navycraft.other - allows use of hyperdrive and other unsupported commands
Copyright 2011-2018 Maximuspayne - Justin Regina
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License");
you may not use this file except in compliance with the License.
You may obtain a copy of the License at
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software
distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS,
WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied.
See the License for the specific language governing permissions and
limitations under the License.
Build, drive and fight with custom ships, submarines, airplanes, and tanks!