NineIron aims to implement a new, vanilla-feeling function for axes in combat: to launch projectiles harder and farther than they would being thrown! Imagine the axe used as a golf club (or a baseball bat, if that's what you're into).
- Native Minecraft Version:
- Tested Minecraft Versions:
- Source Code:
In the main hand, hold an axe enchanted with Knockback, and in the offhand, hold a snowball, egg, or ender pearl. To launch, simply aim and press right click. The projectile's damage and launch distance will scale with the level of Knockback.
Unless the player is in creative mode, one of the ammunition will be taken and the axe will be damaged for 2 durability (with the Unbreaking enchantment taken into account).
This is the first plugin I've ever published, it would be super appreciated if you could take a look at the source code. In its current state, it's super unoptimized and messy, which is exactly why your input is helpful to me
- Configuration options
- Different damage by tool material
- Better durability calculation (unbreaking actually rolls separately for each point of durability taken)
- More options for projectiles (splash/lingering potions, fire charges/fireballs)