Did you hear that Mojang is adding a new way for players to change their username, thus be identified using UUIDs? If not, then you did now! Players will be able to change their username starting from 1.7.6. This brings a lot of headaches to server owners and developers. Server owners have headaches because there are all the plugins that are still using the old system using player names and they are not developers to be able to change all the plugins, thus they need to wait. They also have existing databases of players - 1.8 will need them to be abandoned! Developers have headaches because all the plugins they have made just broken out of a sudden (see this commit) and they need to update all their plugins for their clients and more importantly the server owner community. This means most servers WON'T be ready for the username (UUID) changes when it kicks in.
This plugin prevents any player from joining the server after they change their username at Mojang and will prompt them to change their username back to their original one. This locks out all players who have changed their username to prevent abusing multiple accounts, basically locks Mojang accounts to one username on a server.
This is useful as a temporary solution until all your plugins and your server is updated for the new UUIDs.
- Lock out all players with changed usernames until they change their username back.
- Supports lots of database systems:
- MongoDB - most recommended
- MySQL - recommended
- YML - not recommended.
- Supports reverse lookup!
- Everything is configurable!
The plugin requires Spigot version 1.7.5-R0.1 build #1364 or greater!
- /oneuuid help - Require plugin help
- /oneuuid reload - Reload the plugin
- /oneuuid getuuid [name] - Get the UUID of a player
- /oneuuid whitelist [name] - (Un)whitelist a player by name or UUID
- oneuuid.help - Require plugin help - By default for everybody
- oneuuid.reload - Reload the plugin - By default for OPs
- oneuuid.getuuid - Get the UUID of a player - By default for OPs
- oneuuid.bypass - Bypass the system - By default for OPs
- oneuuid.whitelist - Whitelist a player - By default for OPs
I would like to thank those people for donating Check out their servers!
If you want to buy me a beer or something, please donate!
to the following email: [email protected]
Thank you! =)