- Tested Minecraft Versions:
- Source Code:
- Zarius, cyklo and Celtic Minstrel
Bug Report | Feature Request
Gallery | Videos | Download | Source | Wiki
OtherDrops is a simple plugin that allows you to add anything from a
simple glass drop to a complex overhaul of your servers' drops, with
drops differing depending on tools, biomes, times, weathers and much
more. It comes with customizable messages, actions, and even
commands. It is lightweight (meaning it only acts on what you have
configured), and respects most protection plugins' (such as WorldGuard
and Regios) settings. Some examples are included to help get your
creative juices flowing!
- This plugin is built and tested on 1.13+ and 1.12 (Legacy jar). It may be backwards compatible until 1.11, though compatibility in the future is NOT guaranteed!
- This plugin is not mine, nor am I claiming it as mine! I am simply updating the original plugin by ZariusT. Some information is provided by the original plugin's Bukkit page!
- More plugin information can be found at the Wiki
- Please do NOT use the Spigot Reviews section as a way to report bugs, feature requests, etc. Please refer to "Reviewing OtherDrops" for more information!
- There are now 2 branches of the plugin, 1.13 and Legacy (supports <1.13)! Please report all bugs regarding 1.13 on the Legacy Issues Page.
- Drop anything!
- Use triggers such as block break, combat, fishing & more
- Conditions to fine-tune your drops such as tool, world, regions, weather, permissions & more
- Add actions including damage, healing, messages, potion effects & more
- Easy syntax allows you to quickly customize drops & rewards for your server
- Future Support
- The official Bukkit lists are used whenever possible, so OtherDrops is able to support all current blocks, items, mobs, enchantments, potion effects, biomes, spawn reasons, etc.
- Support for special item data:
- Custom names & lore text
- Enchanted weapons & armor (or add random enchantments)
- Enchant anything with unlimited levels (dirt with level 30 damage?)
- Enchanted books with any enchantment
- Written books (with custom title/author/pages)
- Leather armor colors
- Custom fireworks colors
- Skull types & custom player heads
- Support for special mob data:
- Custom names, HP (health) & equipment for any mob
- Baby animals (all "Ageable" mobs - chicken, cow, pig, zombie etc)
- Tame wolves (including collar color) or cats (& different cat types)
- Sheep colors (and sheared/unsheared)
- Villager professions, villager zombies, powered creepers & aggressive level for pig-zombies
- Wither skeletons, Slime & lava-slimes of any size
- Economy support (via Vault)
- Support for all major economy plugins
- Players can gain, lose or steal money based on fixed amount or percentage
- Compatible with "MoneyDrop" to drop physical money items.
- Multi-world support - create separate files to handle each world
- Add super rare drops with chance values down to 0.000000001%
- Specify tools required (or a list of tools eg. [any sword, -diamond sword])
- Lorename, Heroes (class & level) conditions
- Apply actions alongside the drop (or even without a drop)
- Damage tools and/or consume items (eg. use dyes to color wool)
- Damage or heal the victim, player or even the whole world
- Apply potion effects to the victim, player, radius, world or server
- Display custom messages (or a list of messages with one selected at random)
- Create explosions, lightning, visual effects (including particles), sound effects
- Run commands
- Give leaves various chances of dropping apples, sticks, cocoa beans, saplings, etc on break and/or leaf decay.
- Make glass, stairs, and boats reclaimable (can be tool-specific if you wish).
- Allow gold and iron to be mined directly into ingots with a golden pickaxe.
- Allow users to right-click on cobblestone with vines in hand to turn the cobblestone mossy.
- Nerf mob traps by disabling drops from environmental damage.
- Unleash the zombie apocalypse by setting zombies to drop zombies when they die! (This can be world-specific.)
- Make mobs that don't normally spawn naturally spawn.
- Make mob spawning, drops, and events biome specific!Many thanks to these people who helped with OtherDrops (Information pulled from BukkitDev):
Thanks from CoolLord22:
- Cyklo: creator of the original OtherBlocks. OtherDrops is a continuation of Cyklo's original OtherBlocks(2011) plugin.
- Celtic Minstrel: many code commits and a major overhaul of the code moving into version 2.0. Moved on to create DropFactory.
- Rofang: major update of OtherDrops documentation.
- RugRats13: lots of testing and some documentation.
- Faldonboy & Steelsouls: currently maintaining and improving the documentation.
- CommodoreAlpha: community support on the comments/forum, assisting with documentation.
- ZariusT: for updating OtherBlocks to OtherDrops, supporting versions up through 1.8.
- Zomblad: Helping test the newest versions before release.
- Folas: Finding and reporting bugs in Beta Releases.
- If you have a problem please create a ticket (on GitHub) and include the error (if there was one). Feel free to join the Discord server linked below! I'm super active there and tend to respond better through it.Would you like to help improve OtherDrops? Here are some ways to get involved:
- Media/art: OtherDrops could use tutorial and example videos.
- Testers: I need testers who are able to go through the plugin and rigorously check that things (both existing and new features) work as they should. Message me if you are interested!
- Programming: Any help is welcomed. If you have any suggestions for improvement or would like to help, please message me!
- Assistance: I need people who are well knowledged on the plugin and will be able to help others out on the GitHub, Spigot, and Discord pages! Message me if you're interested!
- Do you enjoy using OtherDrops? Click here to leave a rating!
- If you really enjoy this plugin, please drop a review (hopefully 5 stars ). If you appreciated my help on a question, also consider rating the plugin! I code for free; I don't ask for money, I don't ask for donations, and I sure as heck don't get paid to develop OtherDrops. I do it to help others, and when I am recognized for that help, it means everything.
- Unfortunately, things can't always be positive. However, the reviews section is meant for actual reviews- not to degrade the plugin, make a feature request, or get help. Please don't leave negative reviews on amazing plugins in an attempt to get the authors' attention! Believe me, we pay attention to every ticket, every issue, every discussion comment, etc. Leaving bad reviews to "get our attention" just makes us less likely to help. If you need help, check the Contact Me section- visit our GitHub issues page, join our Discord Server, or leave a comment on the Discussions page!
- To receive support, report bugs, get information on updates, test out beta updates, and so much more, join our Discord. To receive Beta Releases #beta-updates channel!
✓ 500 Downloads
✓ 1,000 Downloads
✓ 2,500 Downloads
✓ 5,000 Downloads
✖ 10,000+ Downloads
OtherDrops [Best **FREE** Drop Manager!] 3.2.6
Customize any and every vanilla drop! Includes blocks, mobs, fishing, and more!
Absolutely fantastic plugin. Extremely customizable, and very intuitive and easy-to-use even for a beginner like me. This plugin is a MUST for anyone looking to control or experiment with items on their server. The technical support and help is also unmatched, especially for a free plugin. Again, I cannot recommend OtherDrops enough!
I cannot use with blocks
[21:36:23 INFO]: [OtherDrops:3.2.6] Found supported plugin(s): 'WorldGuard'
[21:36:23 INFO]: [OtherDrops:3.2.6] Loading file: otherdrops-drops.yml
[21:36:23 WARN]: Unexpected exception while parsing console command "odreload"
org.bukkit.command.CommandException: Unhandled exception executing command 'odre
load' in plugin OtherDrops v3.2.6
at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:46) ~[spi
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) [?:1.8.0_221]
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class com.gmail.
at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:44) ~[spi
This mod is unbelievably amazing! I cannot stress enough how many things it allows you to do beyond just changing item drops from blocks/mobs. I encourage anyone who is looking to add darn near anything to their server, to take a deep look into this plugin. Being able to add custom item drops from almost every EVENT in the game, not just breaking and killing, is amazing. Without a doubt, the most beneficial plugin I have on my server, by a mile.
This plugin is amazing! The possibilities are endless and the new dev is doing such a great job with it bringing it back to life and adding new features and suggestions there's just so much you can do with it. "A" for effort mate, if I was to give you a rating out of 10 I'd give you a 20 ;)