Over the past few weeks, the PlaceholderAPI team has been discussing how we want to shape this plugin going down the road. Our long term goal is stability and accessibility. This means that we want the plugin to work as efficiently as we can while also letting developers work with it in whichever way we want.
That being said, we need to discuss some changes. Sixteen months ago, we deprecated one of the methods developers could be used to add placeholders, developers will know this method as EzPlaceholderHook.
We feel we have given them enough time now to update to our new system (also released 16 months ago) and we are in the works of fully removing that system. This update is step one of phasing out that system.
If a plugin is still using that old method, you will get a debug message in the console saying to contact the author. Please pay attention to this and do it so that your plugins will still support PlaceholderAPI.
In the next few weeks, we will release the next update which is phase two. Phase two consists of blocking those old methods from working in the plugin. You will still be able to use PlaceholderAPI like normal, but any placeholders using that old method to connect will no longer work.
Finally, we're happy to announce an awesome change in this update. We've been able to come up with a solution to an issue with some expansions not loading properly and people having issues. This update will now change how and when placeholders are registered in order to ensure you have no issues using them.
Keep your eyes on the lookout for some more exciting news coming soon.
Special thanks to @ItsMeGlare for all the help he's put in over the past week to work with me on this awesome.
If you have any questions, make sure to join the Discord! https://helpch.at/discord
#69 (May 7, 2019 2:20:07 PM)
#68 (May 6, 2019 10:06:20 AM)
- Someone forgot how to use lambdas properly (#111) (commit: 9b317c2) — Ryan McCarthy / githubweb
- set version for 2.10.1 release (commit: 82e92ce) — Ryan McCarthy / githubweb
#67 (May 5, 2019 1:59:56 PM)
- Print out console warnings for the plugins still using EzPlaceholderHook (commit: 927f942) — admin / githubweb
#66 (May 5, 2019 1:25:03 PM)
- This will not be around for much longer. Plugin authors need to update (commit: 75c3027) — Ryan McCarthy / githubweb
#65 (May 5, 2019 10:40:16 AM)
- Possible solution for placeholders that register externally before (commit: a2d408a) — Ryan McCarthy / githubweb
#64 (May 4, 2019 8:19:01 PM)
- Remove EZPlaceholderHook which has been deprecated for over a year. (commit: 6495a38) — Ryan McCarthy / githubweb
- Move ServerLoadEvent listener to its own class (commit: 3042e49) — Ryan McCarthy / githubweb
- Remove ServerLoadEvent listener (commit: 1e25f35) — Ryan McCarthy / githubweb
- Check if server supports ServerLoadEvent and if so register the (commit: a741f35) — Ryan McCarthy / githubweb
- Remove load option (commit: 5386b7c) — Ryan McCarthy / githubweb
#63 (May 4, 2019 7:57:48 PM)
- Remove useless "expansion cache" that I don't even know ever worked. (commit: c0f6cf2) — Ryan McCarthy / githubweb
- Remove clean method calls (commit: 41390d8) — Ryan McCarthy / githubweb
- Remove PluginEnableEvent listener. Not needed anymore. (commit: cee214c) — Ryan McCarthy / githubweb