- (Author) drew6017The hardest part about joining a new server is learning how the admins have it set up. PlayerTutorials solves this problem in a very fun way with the introduction of custom tutorials that players can be sent to upon joining the server or via commands. PlayerTutorials can be used to display rules, show players where to go, or even just tell them a little about the server. You can find this plugin on Bukkit HERE.
Update Log (0.1.8)
- ✔ Cross version compatibility! PlayerTutorials is now compatible with all 1.8.X versions of Minecraft.
- Automatic Tutorial On Join - Automatically send players to the tutorial when they join the server! This can be disabled in the config.
- 1.8.X Support - PlayerTutorials as of version 0.1.8 supports all versions of MC! Making it very convenient.
- Completely Custom Messages - Unlike most plugins, PlayerTutorials does not have a prefix for every message advertizing the plugin. This makes it seem like it is custom just to the server.
- Multiworld Support - Teleport players between worlds to show them around the server at every possible angle!
- Full Color Code Support - Every message that is configurable supports color codes using the "&" symbol(except the config which uses the ";" symbol).
- Custom Timing - Change the amount of time a person is at a certain point before they are teleported.
- Command On Tutorial Completion - Want to give a player an item, money, or even even coins from your own plugins? Now you can. When the tutorial is finished, you can set it to execute a command that can be from any plugin.
- Command On Tutorial Completion - Want to give a player an item, money, or even even coins from your own plugins? Now you can. When the tutorial is finished, you can set it to execute a command that can be from any plugin. NOW WITH THE ABILITY TO ADD AS MANY COMMANDS AS YOU WANT!!! You could have over 10,000 commands in the config and it would still work.
- Most Custom Plugin In The World! - Nearly every feature in PlayerTutorials is configurable! This adds for a truly unique experience that gives players the feel of a major network, but without the cost of hiring custom developers.
- 1.8 Title/Subtitle/Action Bar Title support!!! - Make your tutorials and server look even more professional than ever with the addition of titles!
- Welcome Messages! - Want to give players a warm welcome or tell them about some news that is happening on the server. Now you can! You can have up to 5 welcome messages saved at the same time. You can even set them to have one randomly selected so that they stay interested.
- Automatic Updates! - Once you download PlayerTutorials, you never have to again. Each time a new version is released, the plugin is downloaded and installed.
- /pt - Multipurpose command for PlayerTutorials
- /pt help - Lists all available commands in PlayerTutorials
- /pt createt - Allows a player to create and set a custom tutorial for new players
- /sendtot - Allows a player to be sent or join your tutorial
- /pt setPointt - Sets a point for the tutorial to teleport players too from your current location
- /pt setMsgt - Sets a message to send players when they reach this point. This message is set to your default working point(the one you just created).
- /pt setOnPointt - Changes your current working point
- /pt resett - Resets your tutorial
- /pt savet - Saves your tutorial and finishes the process
- /pt settitle - Sets a large 1.8 title to your current working point
- /pt setsubtitle - Sets a medium sized 1.8 title to your current working point(requires the large title in order to display)
- /pt setactiontitle - Sets a small 1.8 title to your current working point that is displayed right above your action bar
- /pt createw - Creates a welcome message in one of 5 slots
- /pt savew - Saves the welcome message you are creating
- /pt deletew - Deletes a welcome message
- /pt settitlew - Sets a title to your current welcome message
- /pt setsubtitlew - Sets a subtitle to your current welcome message
- /pt setactiontitlew - Sets a action bar title to your current welcome message
- playert.create - Allows a player to create and set a custom tutorial for new players(only work on one tutorial at a time)
- playert.join - Allows a player to join your tutorial
View at http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/playertutorials/.
No Known Bugs. Please report them if you find any. Thanks!
Things That Are Going To Be In Next Update
- PlayerTutorials manager! A custom entity that when right clicked sends you to a tutorial
- Ability to create larger messages by putting them in a text file.
- Total movement cancel. This will cancel all movement by the player instead of the current way that makes them jump back to where they were.
Want something to be added? Have a suggestion? Feel free to write a comment below!
Like the plugin? Please consider donating so I can create even better and even more plugins for you guys! You can donate by clicking HERE.
PlayerTutorials allows you to create a custom tutorial showing off your server to new members!
The plugin is without a doubt not as customized as advertised but that doesnt mean it isnt good. It does what it says and you can create a very nice looking tutorial with it, with that said it seems a lot like a in dev plugin and lacks refinement or a good guide on how to use it (with that said it didnt take me too long to figure out it measured in ticks). Its just that a in dev plugin that doesnt blow your mind but doesnt glitch all the time. Id personally recommend it but there are a few major things that without a doubt needed to be added for a 4 star review. Currently (unless its hidden away) you cant edit a tutorial once its created. so you need to do it all in one go without logging off or reloads. And if it ever needs to be edited down the line you have two options, make a new tutorial or figure out how the plug saves tutorial files and edit them there.
A great concept which only partially works...
1) An error is thrown each time someone right clicks another player. This gets really annoying...
2) Titles and subtitles did not work on my setup. I could only send text messages.
3) The plugin is limited to only one tutorial.
4) There should be more customization to sounds, messages etc.
5) When players switch worlds, they get set to survival on my server. PlayerTutorials doesn't set them back to Spectator and they are able to interact witht he surroundings.
6) The author never responds and seems to be inactive
Luckily, the resource is free. But I loved the concept and I really think it would help a lot of people.
If the author updates the plugin and fixes all the issues, I'll redo my review...
I really like this, but if you set a reward, can players get the reward multiple times? Or would it just be a one off thing? Also can you add a tutorial edit? because I had to do it twice because I made 1 mistake. If this all was fixed i would really appreciate it :)