- Tested Minecraft Versions:
- Source Code:
- SirFaizdat, Camouflage100, UltzGroup
What is Prison?
Prison is a Minecraft plugin that adds all the features necessary for prison servers. Plugins for prison servers exist already, but many of them are poorly maintained, and the solid ones are paid resources. Prison eliminates the paywall and the updating hassle, and puts a one-stop solution in their place.
What can it do?
Prison has two main components - called modules - that are built-in: mines and ranks.
For instructions on how to use Mines, visit our Mines guidebook.
- Create mines for players to collect materials.
- Have mines automatically reset after a certain amount of time.
- Interactively edit the composition of your mines.
- Teleport your players to safety during a mine reset, so they don't suffocate.
For instructions on how to use Ranks, visit our Ranks guidebook.
- Create ranks for users to buy.
- Use multiple rank ladders. For example, you could have a prestige ladder, or a donor ladder, etc.
- Run commands when users rank up, to give them access to new permissions or set off fireworks in their place.
- Show rank tags in chat with the help of a chat formatting plugin, such as EssentialsX-Chat.
If you have suggestions for features that you'd like to see, you should create a feature request at our issue tracker and we will get back to you as soon as we can.
Why should I switch to Prison?
If hassle-free updates and zero payments is not enough for you to consider switching to Prison, it doesn't stop there.
Help and Links
- Prison is modular. If you don't want to use a certain feature on your server, you can disable it in just a few keystrokes.
- Prison is completely, 100% open source. This means that your developers can make changes to the plugin to customize your server's experience, if you so desire.
- Prison is and always will be free. While we do ask for donations, all of our code, resources, and binaries are provided free of charge to the Minecraft community.
- New releases are heavily bug-tested. We test every single aspect of every new release of Prison before releasing it to the community. If a release doesn't pass our rigorous update checklist, it is iterated upon until it does. What does this mean for you? Solid updates with minimal bugs for your server.
- Prison is always expanding. We are always looking for ways to expand Prison with features that make your server run more smoothly. Additionally, we are always looking for contributions from the community, be it code contributions, feature requests, bug reports, translations, or documentation.
For a comprehensive set of guides on getting started with Prison, check out our wiki: https://github.com/MC-Prison/Prison/wiki/
To report an issue or suggest a feature, use our issue tracker: https://github.com/MC-Prison/Prison/issues/. Don't use the review section to ask for help.
If you want to get the latest updates on the project, get subscribed to/bookmark/follow these pages!
Telemetry: This plugin reports statistics to bStats. To opt-out, Change "send-metrics" in config.yml to "false". View them here.
Makes creating a Prison server easy.
From a usage standpoint this plugin is great and from my testing seems like a pretty solid plugin, but from a development standpoint it needs a little more work. Currently there is only javadocs and maven implementation for the core module and required me to a little bit of digging to find them however for the end user who is not going to be doing any development work with it this plugin is great.
Worst plugin ever. Even Prison 2 is much better than this dump. Your inactive and your missing ton of features like scoreboard, placeholders, own eco, does not vault to run. What is this plugin? a piece a dump. Now go and update Prison 2.4 instead of updating ur stupid shit 3.1.1 cuz this is the worst, Prison 3 sucks!!!!!!