- Tested Minecraft Versions:
- Source Code:
- SirFaizdat, Camouflage100, UltzGroup
- Languages Supported:
- English, German, Spanish, Hungarian, Italian, Flemish, Dutch
Update: The Hadron Update is currently well underway! You can track its progress by clicking here. As always, head over to our Discord and join the conversation if you need any help, or have any feature requests or bug reports that you'd like to see addressed in our next big update!
Notice: Prison will be updated to support 1.13 - this will be included in the Hadron Update! See above.
What is Prison?
Prison is a Minecraft plugin that adds all the features necessary for prison servers. Plugins for prison servers exist already, but many of them are poorly maintained, and the solid ones are paid resources. Prison eliminates the paywall and the updating hassle, and puts a one-stop solution in their place.
What can it do?
Prison has two main components - called modules - that are built-in: mines and ranks.
For instructions on how to use Mines, visit our Mines guidebook.
- Create mines for players to collect materials.
- Have mines automatically reset after a certain amount of time.
- Interactively edit the composition of your mines.
- Teleport your players to safety during a mine reset, so they don't suffocate.
For instructions on how to use Ranks, visit our Ranks guidebook.
- Create ranks for users to buy.
- Use multiple rank ladders. For example, you could have a prestige ladder, or a donor ladder, etc.
- Run commands when users rank up, to give them access to new permissions or set off fireworks in their place.
- Show rank tags in chat with the help of a chat formatting plugin, such as EssentialsX-Chat.
If you have suggestions for features that you'd like to see, you should create a feature request at our issue tracker and we will get back to you as soon as we can.
Why should I switch to Prison?
If hassle-free updates and zero payments is not enough for you to consider switching to Prison, it doesn't stop there.
Help and Links
- Prison is modular. If you don't want to use a certain feature on your server, you can disable it in just a few keystrokes.
- Prison is completely, 100% open source. This means that your developers can make changes to the plugin to customize your server's experience, if you so desire.
- Prison is and always will be free. While we do ask for donations, all of our code, resources, and binaries are provided free of charge to the Minecraft community.
- New releases are heavily bug-tested. We test every single aspect of every new release of Prison before releasing it to the community. If a release doesn't pass our rigorous update checklist, it is iterated upon until it does. What does this mean for you? Solid updates with minimal bugs for your server.
- Prison is always expanding. We are always looking for ways to expand Prison with features that make your server run more smoothly. Additionally, we are always looking for contributions from the community, be it code contributions, feature requests, bug reports, translations, or documentation.
For a comprehensive set of guides on getting started with Prison, check out our wiki: https://faizaan.xyz/prison
To report an issue or suggest a feature, use our issue tracker: https://github.com/PrisonTeam/Prison/issues/. Don't use the review section to ask for help.
If you want to get the latest updates on the project, get subscribed to/bookmark/follow these pages!
Telemetry: This plugin reports statistics to bStats. To opt-out, Change "send-metrics" in config.yml to "false". View the stats here.
Makes creating a Prison server easy.
This prison plugin is exactly what I was looking for. It's very easy and straightforward to set up. The mines work exactly as they should, the integration with Essentials Chat is flawless, and it doesn't even cost anything to get this plugin! The wiki is very helpful and explains everything with detail to spare. There aren't any cells in this plugin but other than that it's all-around the best Prison plugin out there. I'm on a 1.13 server and it still seems to work just fine.
This is a good plugin. If you were a player on a server using this plugin you would see that it works extremely well and looks awesome. But as a developer it is a nightmare to set up. Not that it's difficult, that it's too easy.
That may sound weird but there is pretty much nothing in the config file.
This means that it is just really simple to set up and pretty much 100% of it can be done ingame. But it takes alot longer. Still an awesome plugin though
My suggestions are to make a way that you can select an area with worldedit and make that a mine how it stands. So you can make cool structures as mines rather then just rectangles.
Also i would like to see an option that you can select the bocks in a rectangle and the plugin will automatically add the blocks to the list as some of the blocks wouldn't get added unless you used a plugin specified name. E.g lapis_block won't work you have to use lapisblock, also lapis_ore isn't a think you need to either type lapisore or lapis_lazuli_ore
Just little issues but other then that it's a great plugin compared to the amount of plugins you have to choose from
Excellent The Best Prison Plugin The truth a 10! The only thing you need is a tutorial for the new Users that teach you how to manage the ETC Plugin This plugin is very good This in Latin America I am [Argentine] and the truth is very good plugins I hope they improve!
The truth is not much in English so if there are many errors is my fault xd
From a usage standpoint this plugin is great and from my testing seems like a pretty solid plugin, but from a development standpoint it needs a little more work. Currently there is only javadocs and maven implementation for the core module and required me to a little bit of digging to find them however for the end user who is not going to be doing any development work with it this plugin is great.
Worst plugin ever. Even Prison 2 is much better than this dump. Your inactive and your missing ton of features like scoreboard, placeholders, own eco, does not vault to run. What is this plugin? a piece a dump. Now go and update Prison 2.4 instead of updating ur stupid shit 3.1.1 cuz this is the worst, Prison 3 sucks!!!!!!