- Tested Minecraft Versions:
Note: PrivateTalkPremium has finally released! If you like this plugin, please check out my remake of it x10 better!
What does it do?
PrivateTalk is a light-weight party chat plugin that allows anyone (with permission) to create their own chat rooms and manage them on their own. With over 20 commands for managing their own chat-rooms, you can do anything you please.
All information is stored in the plugin, and all chat rooms get wiped on reload / restart. Making it RAM-friendly.
Prefix messages with an '@' to talk in chatroom or toggle messages by doing /pt toggle
- Anyone can create a chat room, making it very flexible and easy to comprehend
- A̶l̶l̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶r̶o̶o̶m̶s̶ ̶g̶e̶t̶ ̶e̶r̶a̶s̶e̶d̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶e̶r̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶r̶e̶l̶o̶a̶d̶s̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶r̶e̶s̶t̶a̶r̶t̶s̶.̶ ̶T̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶d̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶p̶u̶r̶p̶o̶s̶e̶l̶y̶ ̶b̶e̶c̶a̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶m̶e̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶e̶v̶e̶r̶-̶s̶t̶a̶n̶d̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶r̶o̶o̶m̶s̶.̶ Only chat rooms that do not get saved will be erased. See below for more.
- Players have the ability to join chat rooms if their status is set on public
- Owners of chat rooms have all permissions to manage their chat rooms automatically, only permissions you should assign are privatetalk.create and the other permissions are designed to be used to Server Moderators.
- Ability to save chat-rooms to make them permanent, and will not get whiped on reloads.
- Change any message through the languages.yml file
- Nicknames per chat room
- Ban, or kick annoying players from chat room
- Toggle between standard chat and chat-room.
- Moderator positions can be assigned in chat-rooms in 1.3.5. Ability to kick and invite players.
/pt create <name>
/pt invite <player>
/pt kick <player>
/pt delete <optional : chatroom name>
/pt public <optional : true or false>
/pt join <chatroom>
/pt promote <player>
/pt info <chatroom>
/pt nick <player> <nickname>
/pt ban <player>
/pt pardon <player>
/pt help <1/2>
/pt save <chatroom>
/pt spy <chat-room>
/pt mod <player>
/pt demote <player>
Chatroom owners have access to any of these permissions only for their chatroom.
privatetalk.create - allows user to create chatrooms
privatetalk.kick - allows user to kick anyone in any chatroom. Be careful who you give this to!
privatetalk.delete - Allows user to delete any chatroom
privatetalk.reload - Reload the configuration file
privatetalk.save - Allows you to save the chatroom
privatetalk.spy - Allows you to spy on a chat-room
privatetalk.spyall - Spies on all chat-rooms
# Welcome to the PrivateTalk v1.2 configuration file!
# format of party-chat messages
party-chat-format: "&e[%CONVERSATION%] &7%PLAYER% ≽ &e%MESSAGE%"
# time in minutes that offline players in conversations should be removed
#character used to quick-message a chat room
Servers using PrivateTalk
Want your server here? PM me or say it in the discussions!
1. Add file support - Completed
2. Add chatroom roles like Moderator etc. - Completed
3. Nick names for chat rooms only - Completed
Thanks for checking out my first resource!
PrivateTalk [LITE] | GUI Chatroom Manager | Very configurable | No other plugin like it 1.3.6
Fast & light-weight party-chat plugin