I was looking at other custom item plugins, but did not choose them because of either the price, or the features that I did not want nor need on my server. Then, I came across ProRPGItems. Without a doubt, I can say that this plugin is one of the best, if not the best, plugins for creating custom RPG items and item behaviors. There are so many configurable options and so much flexibility that almost any kind of RPG system is possible.
• Has a lot of subsystems (modules), that can be enabled and disabled according to your needs. If you only need custom weapons and prefer the vanilla enchanting system, you can pretty much just enable the Item Generator and other modules that it depends on. If you, perchance, want to create your own equipment upgrade system (like me), you can enable the Gems, Runes, and Essence modules. If you want custom armor sets that apply effects based on how many pieces of the set you are wearing, that is also available (Sets). If there is something you need that does not have the corresponding module, it is virtually 100% possible to create a workaround with the existing modules.
• You can ADD YOUR OWN CUSTOM VARIABLES to make use in other parts of the plugin, and can even EDIT THE EXISTING ONES to suit your needs. For example, the Damage Types only has a limited amount of variables you can use out of the box. With a bit of time and a bit of effort, you can create your own damage types, or modify the ones already there if you do not feel like going from scratch.
• The items are as custom as they get. Custom stats, custom modifiers, custom skills, custom textures and model data (with a resource pack), custom lore, custom enchantments, custom everything! There is even more that I did not mention because there is just so many options. The size of the configs for each module will tell you just how much customization there is. Even the GUIs are customizable.
• Changes you make to the plugin can be seen without requiring a server restart. This is more of a "quality of life" feature, but is nonetheless appreciated.
• There is a tutorial video along with a wiki that tells you what most of the stuff in the plugin does. They do not catch everything (that is what the Discord is for) but you can get up and running in at least a half hour of reading.
• The wiki does not have a FAQ section, and the lack of syntax highlighting makes it a bit challenging to read through the configs and tooltips. You could say that this is part of the learning curve, but that might be too steep for some people. The Discord server is available though.
• The way to create items is different than other custom item plugins, and that causes a bit of confusion when getting started. I did not know the ItemGenerator module was the way to create items before I watched the tutorial video on YouTube, and from what I can remember, there was little indication from the wiki that that was what I was supposed to do. Also a "quality of life" thing that could be improved to make it easier for new users to pick up.
Overall, this plugin is just the thing to download if you are looking for the ultimate free solution to your custom RPG item needs. With a bit of creativity, you can make items that go from fantastical to pure technobabble. There is enough settings you can mess around with to make that happen.
Of course, there are some negatives, mostly in the wiki. These can be powered through by a persevering server owner or admin, but it does add friction to an otherwise smooth process.
Some functionality is also missing, although this is more due to my needs than the plugin's capabilities. On its own, the plugin is an outstanding piece of software.
Thank you, devs, for bringing this plugin to life and even putting it up for free. Keep up the good work!
ProRPGItems - CONSUMABLES | DISMANTLE | DROPS | GEMS | IDENTIFY | REFINE | REPAIR | RUNES | SETS 22.214.171.124.1
Make custom items with lots of RPG style options.
Sorry, I'm from China. I can't visit disharmony website. I can only comment on this mistake here. I can't find the following error. I hope you can fix it. The core comes from paper1.16.5. In addition, I hope you don't give up this plug-in
[QuantumRPG] [Classes] Could not setup skill: Energy_Impact
[19:06:57 WARN]: java.lang.NullPointerException
[19:06:57 WARN]: at su.nexmedia.engine.utils.FileUT.copy(FileUT.java:19)
[19:06:57 WARN]: at su.nightexpress.quantumrpg.modules.list.classes.api.IAbstractSkill.load(IAbstractSkill.java:70)
[19:06:57 WARN]: at su.nightexpress.quantumrpg.modules.list.classes.ClassManager.setup(ClassManager.java:213)
[19:06:57 WARN]: at su.nexmedia.engine.modules.IModule.load(IModule.java:37)
[19:06:57 WARN]: at su.nexmedia.engine.modules.ModuleManager.register(ModuleManager.java:48)
[19:06:57 WARN]: at su.nightexpress.quantumrpg.modules.ModuleCache.initialize(ModuleCache.java:76)
[19:06:57 WARN]: at su.nightexpress.quantumrpg.QuantumRPG.enable(QuantumRPG.java:109)
[19:06:57 WARN]: at su.nexmedia.engine.NexPlugin.loadManagers(NexPlugin.java:197)
[19:06:57 WARN]: at su.nexmedia.engine.NexPlugin.onEnable(NexPlugin.java:88)
[19:06:57 WARN]: at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:263)
[19:06:57 WARN]: at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:380)
[19:06:57 WARN]: at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:483)
[19:06:57 WARN]: at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_16_R3.CraftServer.enablePlugin(CraftServer.java:501)
[19:06:57 WARN]: at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_16_R3.CraftServer.enablePlugins(CraftServer.java:415)
[19:06:57 WARN]: at net.minecraft.server.v1_16_R3.MinecraftServer.loadWorld(MinecraftServer.java:464)
[19:06:57 WARN]: at net.minecraft.server.v1_16_R3.DedicatedServer.init(DedicatedServer.java:239)
[19:06:57 WARN]: at net.minecraft.server.v1_16_R3.MinecraftServer.w(MinecraftServer.java:935)
[19:06:57 WARN]: at net.minecraft.server.v1_16_R3.MinecraftServer.lambda$a$0(MinecraftServer.java:173)
[19:06:57 WARN]: at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:832)
How could I have missed this the second it came out? I've always supported QRPG and the developer for his kind support. He's gone through a lot to bring this project to you, and the new developer has brought a lot to offer on the table, to bring it for FREE to ALL of you! Thank you so much! :D