Control what your chickens lay and how often! Want to block egg laying entirely? Want chickens to lay eggs and every so often, lay bricks instead? Want chickens to lay gunpowder instead of eggs? It's all up to you.
- Native Minecraft Version:
- Tested Minecraft Versions:
- Source Code:
This plugin was originally designed to slow down or disable the rate at which Chickens lay their eggs, so your server's economy and food supply aren't overwhelmed by players exploiting that chicken farm. Pumpkin Pie and Cake will be worth something again, and chickens won't be running around rampantly taking over your server!
As of Version 0.6 - we've added some fun to PwnChickenLay! Instead of just controlling egg laying rates, you can replace eggs with other item drops! Replace eggs with AIR to make chickens lay nothing at all, or, maybe those chickens will lay golden eggs.. or diamonds? Imagine the possibilities.
=== Background ===
Per - http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Chicken_egg - "An Egg is a food item laid by Chickens every 5–10 minutes (it takes 40 minutes for 9 chickens to lay 50 eggs, so 7.2 minutes/egg)."
Now for simple math. Double chickens to 18, 50 eggs in 20 minutes. Double chickens to 36, 50 eggs in 10 minutes. 72 chickens, 50 eggs in 5 minutes. That's 10 eggs per minute or **1 egg every 6 seconds.**
This is very much an exploitable problem and PwnChickenLay aims to fix that for server owners.
=== Installation ===
**Note: It is important to always test ANY plugin you install prior to deploying it for production, you as a server admin, should always consider this to be Rule #1 of running a server. **
- Stop your server.
- Place the PwnChickenLay.jar in your /plugins directory.
- Start your server, note that the /plugins/PwnChickenLay/config.yml file has been created.
- Stop your server.
- Edit the /plugins/PwnChickenLay/config.yml to your liking.
- Start your server.
=== Configuration ===
=== Commands ===
- Always check your configuration file against the most recent version when installing or updating ANY plugin. Changes in configurations can alter the way in which your server and plugins function.
- In PwnChickenLay the primary configuration value is layChance. A layChance of 100 will ALWAYS lay chicken eggs. A layChance of 0 will always lay something from your replacement list.
=== Permissions ===
- /pwnlay reload - Reload the config.yml so that new changes update without a server restart.
- /pwnlay save - Save the current config.yml (for future enhancement of in-game config edits).
=== To-do / Bugs ===
- pwnlay.pwnlay - Permission to use the /pwnlay command.
=== Video ===
- Stop the sound of eggs being laid even when none drop due to this plugin. (May not be possible without packet modification)
- Edit config from in-game?
- Allow chickens to drop items with enchantments and lore
=== Links & Info ===
* http://www.pwn9.com - Visit the Pwn9 Gaming Community, the place we call home. Check out our Minecraft servers, other game servers and fun gaming community.
* Discord Channel: Join **#pwn9** with invite from http://discord.pwn9.com - feel free to ask plugins questions on the channel or just come hang out with us.
=== Plugin Metrics ===
This plugin utilizes bStats plugin metrics system, which means that some information is collected and sent to bstats.org.
If you don't want that your server sends data to bStats you can disable it by setting enabled to false in the bStats config file. The config can be found in the /plugins/bStats/config.yml file. bStats has nearly no effect on your server's performance and the sent data is completely anonymous so please consider twice if you really want to disable it.
Control what your chickens lay and how often, with per biome configuration!
- PwnChickenLay v2.1 - Chickens with names get custom drops! Jan 21, 2020
- PwnChickenLay v2.0 bug patch and 1.15.1 Dec 31, 2019
- Fixing item spawn event error Apr 10, 2019