This is the famous PwnFilter plugin from the Bukkit/Spigot website but updated to 1.9.
- Tested Minecraft Versions:
- JumperTriS, Sage905 and EpicAtrain
- Everything is exactly the same but it works with 1.9.
- Vault was updated as was another dependency.
I take no credit for the development of this plugin; I just updated it for everyone who wants it for 1.9.
All credit goes to the contributors listed above.
PwnFilter is way more than just your average word-blocking plugin, PwnFilter uses the power of Regular-Expressions ("RegEx") to give you a highly effective and highly configurable plugin to filter anything you want from chat! Matching words can be rewritten, logged, blocked, and managed, depending on the rules you define. Use PwnFilter for:
Think of this plugin as a platform for the power of RegEx, the matching rules are 100% entirely up to you, and there are a hundred ways to do something. The possibilities are endless, the power is as dynamic as you want it to be depending on how much effort you put into having the best RegEx rules.
- Extremely effective chat/command filtering: Filter anything you want with RegEx!
- Extremely effective curse/swear word filtering, warn users who use bad language, turn their profanities into harmless language, or just deny their message entirely!
- Assign appropriate punishment levels based on severity.
- Anti-Advertisement: IP/URL filtering
- Make fun chat replacements for your server's inside-jokes.
- Single line spam filtering: Remove repetitive characters like hiiiiiiiiiiiii to hi.
- CAPS Blocking capability
- Typo correction: Replace common and annoying typos like "teh" to "the" or "u" or "you"
- Customizable warning messages
- Command aliases: Automatically recognize a !command and change to /longer command, Stop yourself from accidentally sending those embarrassing .commands to chat for everyone to see.
- A few built-in punishments like burn, kill, fine (charge money!), warn, kick, and ban. Or simply utilize the "then console" action to make your server console execute almost any command from any other plugin as if you typed it yourself in the console window, especially if you use a plugin that adds a plethora of punishments, like PunishMental, or use it to make PwnFilter send the appropriate commands to your favorite ban-management system to let it handle what to do!
PwnFilter is a revival and complete rewrite of the RegexFilter plugin by FloydATC. Thanks to Sage905 for taking over the latest branch of development making PwnFilter even better than ever, and to EpicAtrain for developing comprehensive regex rules for server owners to use.
Issues & Conflicts
- Filter Chat! (of course)
- Filter Item Names! (Anvil)
- Filter Signs!
- Filter Commands!
- Filter Console!
- Filter Books! (Coming in next version!)
- Filter Nametags!
- Built-in anti-spam feature can be enabled in config.
- Commands for OP or by permission node.
- Supports color message replacement.
- Globally clear all player's chat windows with "/pfcls".
- Global mute with "/pfmute" - stops all server chat and commands for making admin announcements.
- Command typos beginning with certain characters can be stopped (like . and 7, accidentally instead of / and &).
- Optionally recover those typos and execute the command as intended.
- Define your own macros or command aliases.
- Simple but powerful configuration with built-in debugging.
- Each regular expression is compiled only once => very fast.
- Able to reload all your PwnFilter rules & config files without needing to restart the server with "/pfreload".
- Optionally kick or warn players on rule matches AND/OR:
- Execute commands from console or other plugins.
- Use randrep action to replace swears with a random multiple option.
- Use lower action to replace text to all lowercase (great for those CAPS chatters).
- True command aliases, link faux commands like /wave to /me waves at you.
- Customizable 'permission denied' messages
Plugin Conflicts: If you notice that PwnFilter conflicts/interferes with another chat-related plugin, edit your config.yml, go to the "ADVANCED" section at the bottom, unhide the priority you want to change (by removing the # in front of the line), and change the priority from the default setting "Lowest" to another setting like "Highest". This can sometimes resolve conflicts, otherwise ask on our forum or create a ticket.
Permission Bypass: The permission node pwnfilter.bypass is automatically granted to OP and players with * permission nodes. If you do not want these players bypassing the filter at all, you must negate this permission node for them in your Permissions Plugin's files.