Minecraft PvP is broken. This plugin will aim to "balance" PvP a little bit so that on your survival/pvp servers it's not a case of the strong (and hackers) survive and the weak ragequit and never come back, which eventually leads to the strong leaving too because there is no one left to kill.
PwnPvpBalance will aim to clean up some issues with PvP and make it a little more fun and balanced. We have a few ideas on how we are going to do that but welcome your ideas as well.
The primary function of PwnPvpBalance is a player matchup balancer that watches fights between players, and if one player is being dominant over another player, it initializes the killstreak balance debuff. Basically a threshold can be configured, and when the dominant player breaks that threshold of X kills in a row, his damage output starts getting nerfed. See this sample data.
=== Current Features ===
=== Installation ===
- Killstreak shield: If player A kills player B too many times in a row, player B will become invulnerable to player A... OR
- Killstreak nerf: If player A kills player B too many times in a row, Player B will receive a protection buff that limits player A's damage incrementally as the killstreak grows.
- Persist killstreak stats through player disconnects, but not server restarts (optional)
- Armor weighting: Players with no armor / leather armor gain speed boosts, players with iron / diamond get speed nerfs. These are not drastic, and will eventually be configurable.
* Note: It is important to always test ANY plugin you install prior to deploying it for production, you as a server admin, should always consider this to be Rule #1 of running a server.
- Stop your server.
- Place the PwnPvpBalance.jar in your /plugins directory.
- Start your server, note that the /plugins/PwnPvpBalance/config.yml file has been created.
- Stop your server.
- Edit the /plugins/PwnPvpBalance/config.yml to your liking.
- Start your server.
=== Configuration ===
The config.yml comes with detailed comments and should be pretty self explanatory.
=== Commands ===
/ppb reload - reload the config.yml with latest changes.
/ppb save - saves the in-memory config to the config.yml file
=== Permissions ===
pvpbal.commands - allows player to use the commands
=== To-do Features / Bugs ===
=== Links & Info ===
- Implement permissions
- Handle OP / Creative Mode
- Add additional functionality
- Add commands
- Use a database or flatfile storage to persist stats across plugin/server reloads
- Other balance ideas?
=== Plugin Metrics ===
- http://www.pwn9.com - Visit the Pwn9 Gaming Community, the place we call home. Check out our Minecraft servers, other game servers and fun gaming community.
- IRC Channel: Join #pwn9 on irc.esper.net - feel free to ask plugins questions on the channel or just come hang out with us.
This plugin utilizes Hidendra's plugin metrics system, which means that some information is collected and sent to mcstats.org.
If you wish to disable this feature, you can do so by opting out, which you can do in the config file under /plugins/PluginMetrics/
For a more fair and balanced approach to PvP for your server!