- Tested Minecraft Versions:
Note: This plugin is in beta, it is far from perfect. Please post any bugs and issues in the discussion tab. ProtocolLib is required for the plugin to work!
- Per player chat translations
- Auto language detection
- Configurable messages
- Placeholder support
- Option to translate server/plugin messages
Rosetta stone allows players to select what language that chat messages from other players will be displayed in. All players will see the same message, just translated into their selected language. Say goodbye to language barriers on your server as every player can see chat in their native language. There is also an option to translate messages from the server/plugins - this feature is currently in early experimental stages and is somewhat laggy so use with caution!
Player 1 types:
Player 2 who has their language set to Spanish sees:
Player 3 who has their language set to Italian sees:
Player 4 who has their language set to Chinese sees:
Player 5 who has their language set to none sees:
- When a player joins the plugin will try to automatically detect the player's language and let them click to select it. These messages will not be shown if the player's language is already set to the detected language or they click the "x" button (until a server restart).
- If you do not want a message to be translated, you can put it in quotations. For example if you type "I am hungry", everyone will see the message as: I am hungry
- In the config, if you set "only_translate_player_chat" to false then all messages from the server/plugins will be translated along with player chat. This feature is currently in early experimental stages and is somewhat laggy so use with caution!
/language [language] (alias: /lang)
Description: Select a language
If you do not specify a language then you select it by clicking text:
Clicking a letter will show languages that start with that letter (0 sets the language to none, select this if you don't want chat messages to be translated):
Clicking a language will select it:
This command also takes an optional language parameter so you can directly set your language. You can use the language name or the language code displayed by /languages
/languages (alias: /langs)
Description: Displays a list of all languages. You can hover over languages to see their code. Use these names/codes for the language parameter in the /language command
/translate <language code/name> <text>
Description: Translates specified text into the specified language
Description: This displays plugin info:
Description: Reloads the config
Placeholders:Code (Text):only_translate_player_chat: true
- '&amessage 1'
- '&1message 2'
- '&8messages must be entered eXaCtLy as they appear including &6color &4codes'
cannot_use_from_console: '&cYou cannot use this command from console.'
detected_language: '&6Detected language: &7'
no_permission: '&cYou do not have permission to use this command.'
plugin_prefix: '&6[&7RosettaStone&6] &r'
select_detected_language: '&6Do you want to set this as your language? '
selected_language: '&6Selected: &7'
suppress_detection: '&cThis language will no longer be suggested to you.'
translate_command_usage: '&4Correct usage: &c/translate <language name/code> <text>'
unknown_language: '&cInvalid language or language code. Use /languages for list.'
API (for developers):
Code (Java):import us._donut_.rosettastone.RosettaStone;
RosettaStoneAPI rosettaStoneAPI = RosettaStone.getAPI();
- Download ProtocolLib
- Download RosettaStone
- Restart your server
Rosetta Stone [Language Barrier Breaker] BETA 1.5
Allow players to view chat in their native language!