- Tested Minecraft Versions:
- Source Code:
- Languages Supported:
- Spanish, French
This plugin stores a player's inventory in a chest on death for later retrieval. It has many options, but configuration and use has been kept as simple as possible.
- Places a single or double chest at player's death location containing the player's inventory
- Optional sign placement on chest, showing player name and death date
- Configurable list of block types that chests can replace
- WorldGuard, GriefPrevention, PreciousStones and Towny aware, will not place a chest where the player does not have access. Enabled individually. PreciousStones compatibility will be restored in a future release if/when a 1.13.x compatible version is released.
- Option to check protection plugins on chest access. Enabled individually, disabled by default.
- Now supports Factions! (v1.5) Waiting for 1.13.x version of Factions to be released.
- Searches a configurable distance from death location to find a suitable chest location
- Optionally require players to have chest(s) in inventory
- Empty chests removed on close
- Chest protection allows only owners access. Also makes chests explosion proof!
- Optionally allow player's killer to access their chest, for pvp looting.
- Prevent concurrent access to chests when killer looting is enabled. (v1.4)
- Optional quick-loot feature allows one click (sneak-punch) chest looting
- Configurable expiration time for death chests, at which point they will break and drop their contents
- Custom messages and language localization
- Per world enabled in configuration
- Uses sqlite for persistent storage
- Prevents creative mode players from opening death chests (v1.3)
- Optionally prevent players from placing items in death chests (v1.4)
- Optional sound effects! (v1.4)
- A perfect compliment to SavageDeathCompass and SavageDeathSpawn
/deathchest list [player]
Lists deathchests and their locations. Requires deathchest.list permission for viewing own deathchests; deathchest.list.other for viewing other players deathchests. Substitute an asterisk (*) to list all deathchests.
Reloads configuration file and messages. Requires deathchest.reload permission.
Displays version info and config settings. Requires deathchest.status permission.
Default User Permissions:
Default player permissions. Default: true. Includes all of the following player permissions:
Enable death chests for player. Default: true.
Allows player to quick-loot death chests by sneak-punching. Default: true.
Allows placement of double chests if necessary. Default: true.
Default Administrator Permissions:
Default administrator permissions. Default: op. Includes all of the following admin permissions:
Overrides require-chest configuration setting. Default: op.
Overrides creative mode chest opening restriction. Default: op.
Allow player to loot other player's chests. Default: op.
Allows use of plugin reload command. Default: op.
Allows use of plugin status command. Default: op.
Allows use of list command command. Default: op.
Allows use of list command for other player's deathchests. Default: op.
Put the jar in your plugins folder and restart your server. Edit the generated configuration file to include the worlds in which you would like death chests enabled, and adjust any other settings, then reload with /deathchest reload command.
All configuration changes can be made without needing to restart your server. Just issue the reload command when you are satisfied with your settings in config.yml.
Source code for this plugin is hosted on github and distributed under the GPLv3 license.
Stores player inventory in a chest on death for later retrieval.
- Version 1.13.3 Released Dec 30, 2018
I have a very intensive server with all my plugins, I swapped out NPC bodies for not only server performance but simplicity to the new players and... I am by far impressed with this plugin.
It works perfectly, Will help reduce lag, and helps the players organize their gear on retrieval.
Excellent plugin! Especially in combination with SavageDeathCompass. Puts all items in a chest with a sign, thus protecting them from other players (optionally) AND automates deleting the chest. Allows you to have there be a penalty for dying without being too harsh.