- Native Minecraft Version:
- Tested Minecraft Versions:
- Source Code:
Many plugins allow automatic execution of commands under different circumstances. I've often wanted to send a message to the console when something happens, for example a player ban, but many plugins just don't add any way to message to console, thats why this plugin exists .
Never worry about sending a message to the console, just use the SendConsoleMessage command !
- Fully customizable command name & aliases
- Fully customizable permission node
- Fully customizable message prefix
- Colorable messages (via minecraft color codes)
- No duplicate logging (only logs the message itself, not the command to send it)
This plugin has been tested and works without issues on Spigot & Paper, and it is likely to work on any server jar that is a fork of CraftBukkit.*
The versions that have been tested are: 1.8.8, 1.12.2, 1.16.5 & 1.17 however, it is likely that it works on any server version.
Please note that paper(not spigot) 1.8.8 with java 16 has console coloring issues, and therefore this plugin will be unable to color messages in that version
The plugin is compiled for Java 16. While it may work with older versions, we do not support them due to the many benefits provided it provides.
To my knowledge, this plugin doesn't conflict with any other plugins, and it's highly unlikely that it ever will.
- Make sure the user who wants to send the message has the required permission node (default = sendconsolemessage.sendmessage)
- Use either the command or any of its aliases (default = sendconsolemessage , scm, scmsg, consolemessage)
for example: /sendconsolemessage My first Awesome Message
- Configure the plugin to your liking at it's config.yml, if you'd like to change anything
This is the default config:
#Hey there! This is the config file of the SendConsoleMessage plugin.
Please configure it to your hearts content :)
#If you get any errors or something doesn't work as expected, please check the console and please make sure there aren't any problems with the yaml formatting
#You can check YAML formatting with this page https://yaml-online-parser.appspot.com/
#If the plugin is still acting up, please reach out at the plugin discussion and I'll give you a hand :)
#Should the plugin be activated?
#The name of the command
#Permission required to use the command:
#All the alternative commands to send a console message.
#The prefix that will appear before the message on the console will be whatever you write inside the "", or nothing if you leave it as it is.
#Prevents the " <Username> issued the command /Sendconsolemessage msg " entry on the console, to avoid sending duplicates to the console when the command is executed by a player.
#Should bStats remain enabled? bStats sends annonymous data about the server, helping us feel motivated and make more informed decisions about the plugin's future.
#You can find all the information collected here : https://bstats.org/plugin/bukkit/SendConsoleMessage/9750
Need help, found a bug or have suggestions?
Reach out on the plugin discussion, or make an issue on github, I'd be happy to help!
Click on the logos to go the plugin discussion or github
About to leave a review? Awesome ! Feedback really helps!
It lets me know what I did well, and what I need to do better.
But Please, Report bugs & Ask for features in the discussion, NOT on plugin reviews
There, it is possible to :
Insert images and formatting in the answer, making it easier to understand
Ask for additional information that might be necessary to help you out
Make the answer permanently available to anyone who might encounter the same problem
By downloading the plugin, you agree to this terms of usage:
- This plugin is licensed under the MIT license.
- I reserve all rights to the Headers, Logo, and Plugin Icon . You are forbidden from using them without my permission.
- You may not repost this plugin's jar.
- You may not claim this plugin as your own.
- This Plugin uses bStats in order to provide anonymous usage information, helping me stay motivated, and make more informed decisions (for example whether or not to mantain support for a server version). You can disable it via the plugin config, if you desire.