- Tested Minecraft Versions:
- Source Code:
A bukkit plugin for backing up your server.
- Backs-up the full server directory, including plugins, worlds, and config/property files.
- Compresses backups. Can reduces the files down to 1/4th the size.
- Includes automatic scheduled backups. Delay between backups is configurable.
- Anti-Lag: Your server will not freeze when backups occur.
- Fast backups: Saving servers can take less than a minute.
- Small plugin size.
- Supports FTP: Upload your backups to your home computer
- Backup limits: If you're limited on space, you can configure limits to the amount of backups that are stored.
- Will be continuously updated.
Using compression techniques, we can decrease the backup size by up to 300%. When tested, this plugin can reduce a 2.82GB server down to just 0.98GB.
Removes useless files:
ServerRestorer has built in filters to make sure you are not saving useless files. Files such as logs files, which can be GBs in size full of console spam, and server.jar files, which cannot change, are not included in backups. Doing this can reduce the back file size by GBs. If you wish to store these files in the backups for some reason, you can always enable serverjar backups in the config.
ServerRestorer supports FTP! You can now transfer backups directly from the server to your home computer or to another server.
Coming soon. The intention of the restorer is to easily restore your server to an older backup whenever you want. Due to the fact that the server needs to be stopped in order to make changes to any of the files, this is still in WIP. Until this is added, just shutdown your server and copy all of the files from the Zip into your server directory to restore your server.
- /sr save - Forces the save
- /sr restore <backup> - Restores server to a previous state.
- /sr enableAutoSaver [delay] - Changes the auto saver delay
- /sr disableAutoSaver - Disables the autosaver.
- "serverrestorer.*" - Contains all the permissions below
- "serverrestorer.save" - Allows the user to access /sr save commands.
- "serverrestorer.restore" - Allows the user to access /sr restore commands.
This plugin collects stats using bStats:
Bestats only collects information regarding your system architecture, the server version, and plugin version. If you really do not want any of this information being sent, you can disable bstats by going into the config and setting: "enableStats" to false.
Backup and restore your server with ease. [supports FTP]
- Added option to exclude jars. Added dynamap to exceptions. Fixed spigot jar removal from backup Oct 11, 2019
- Fixed auto saving issue Sep 28, 2019
- Fixed files being backuped Aug 12, 2019
Fantastic! I was actually very surprised how well it works. It backs the server up quickly, doesn't use much resources and you can set a limit of the size of the backup folder so you can basically limit how many backups is actually kept. (It will make as many backups as possible until that folder fills up to the limit then it will delete the oldest backup to make room)
Highly recommend to everyone for servers as it doesn't hurt too and it's surprisingly easy for worlds to corrupted and here you have backups. I kept having worlds break or people wanted to go back in time a bit but I kept forgetting to backup the world and this saved me!
Very simple setup and config too! Some scripts are just overly complicated to setup, this is not one of them. It's just set and forget!
Only thing, I use my Pterodactyl panels 'schedule function' to do the backups as the automation of this one isn't so great and I can also put in a warning in chat. It would be better if you could at least be explicit whether it's in ticks, seconds, minutes, hours or what.
Well, this will be the best backup system, and it has a good compression ratio without affecting the operation of the game!
I have used this plugin many times to move the server, it is highly recommended
This is a great plugin and highly recommended!
Backup on Vanilla server take even a 30 minutes and i can't even find, where is backup stored to download it from FTP... When i tried to upload to my second FTP through plugin, it says there is an error, but what kind of error? No, just error and plugin stopped ... Bad plugin for backups
Does the job
Some suggestions would be to set backups by time (rather than waiting for 6 hours, wait until it is 6:00am. Though maybe I can do this with autoit... I am still trying to figure out how to make it work with task scheduler)
A major suggestion though is to limit world backups, let us tell the plugin to delete worlds after 20. Or maybe 30 (I would set like 100 or something for myself because I got a old computer entirely dedicated for the server and nothing else)