Current version v6.5.0
- Native Minecraft Version:
- Tested Minecraft Versions:
- Source Code:
- xGhOsTkiLLeRx, mushroomhostage
- Languages Supported:
- German, Dutch, Indonesian, Norwegian, Swedish, Italian, Spanish, Turkish, French, Portuguese, Russian
This plugin requires Java >=8!
Ever wanted to move a mob spawner? With SilkSpawners, you can now pick up and move monster spawners.
If you use a pickaxe with the Silk Touch enchantment you will receive the spawner again.
You can control each mob spawner, allow crafting and of course mod support.
As a reminder I want to say that I worked very long on this and really appreciate a 'thank you' in form of a donation! (See details on the bottom)
Thanks @smsunarto||Scott Moses Sunarto
- NEW A sign shop addon can be found here: https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/12028/
- Added BarAPI support (for 1.9+ only: support for Vanilla implementation)
- per Type spawner name and explosion chance!
- Support Minecraft from 1.8.X to 1.16.
- Configure a percentage of dropping a spawner on explosions (TNT & creeper)
- Spawner retains creature type
- Works on any spawner
- Crafting of each spawner (own recipe for every mob if wanted)
- Showing of creature type when spawners are placed, broken or held
- Commands for
- Changing a spawner in hand or sight
- Getting a new spawner (or egg) in the hand NEW: With offline player support!
- Console support
- Left-click spawner with spawn egg to change type (consuming egg or not)
- If enabled, right click with an egg and a MonsterSpawner of this type will appear
- Permissions support
- Support for
- Custom mobs added by client/server mods
- Spawning any entity with spawn eggs (dragons, non-creature entities, etc.)
- Dumping entity ID map on startup for debugging mods
- Compatible with
- MCPC(+) and ported mods (auto-detects IDs)
- Not Enough Items (newer builds only)
- Flexible creature type names on input (pigman, zombiepigman, pigzombie, etc. all accepted), official names on output (Magma Cube, not "LavaSlime")
- Colored item names
- Localization of all messages
- There is an economy addon to charge the users when they change a spawner: SilkSpawnersEcoAddon
Third party features, all of them can be disabled
Please take a look at the detailed information about bStats below!
- bStats for usage statistics
- Auto Updater (connecting to http://dev.bukkit.org for updating checking)
- can be disabled if you switch autoUpdater to false in the config.yml
See the config here!
You can find a list of permissions and creatures here!
If no permission system is found, all commands are for OPs only!
If you suffix a mob name with egg you will receive an egg instead.
NEW NEW NEW NEW
/ss help - Displays the help menu.
/ss list|all - Displays all available creatures.
/ss view|info - Displays information about the viewed spawner.
/ss reload|rl - Reloads the configuration files.
/ss change|set <newMob> - Changes the spawner you are currently holding or viewing at.
/ss give|add <player> <mob> [amount] - Gives a spawner or egg to the player. Amount is optional.
/ss selfget|i <mob> [amount] - Gives a spawner or egg to you. Amount is optional.
NEW NEW NEW NEW
English (default) by xGhOsTkiLLeRx
German by xGhOsTkiLLeRx
Dutch by Jeroendedoem
Indonesian by smsunarto
Norwegian by Riaz
Swedish by Syrianen
Italian by xMarioAnak
Spanish by JUMBONET
Turkish by xwerswoodx
French by Don_Sensileone
/ Portuguese by Luligabi
Polish by PLKaratusPL
Russian by EV.Jack
Feel free to share your localizations and they will be added here, just leave a comment with a link to a translated localization.yml!
Thank you for contributing!
Downloads/Source Code/Dev Builds
(Latest dev builds/bleeding edge builds) - Dev builds from Jenkins
(Source code hosted on GitHub) - Source Code
Future Plans (a.k.a. ToDo)
- Maybe add economy Developed an addon, SilkSpawnersEcoAddon
- Better API? Added in 3.1, custom event
- I have not found any while testing, if you find any, create a ticket!
- Mobs like Ghasts or Giants are too big for the spawner, this a Minecraft bug and I can't fix that
- Some older Essentials versions/ports are not updated properly for 1.8. There is a fork called EssentialsX you should try
- If you use Gui Sign Shop and users are unable to place spawners, you need to grant them the guishop.spawner permission from Gui Sign Shop
- Holographic Displays makes Slime spawners non functional
- UltraCosmetics, causes some spawners to non function: https://github.com/iSach/UltraCosmetics/issues/259
You can find more information here!
SilkSpawners is equipped with an API.
You can find more information here!
- Adds support for 1.16.4
- Ability to drop spawners on the ground if the inventory is full and /ss give is executed ("spillSpawnersFromCommands")
- Fixes an issue with /ss reload
- Adds a new debug mode ("verboseMode") to aid self debugging, it logs all relevant SilkSpawners actions
- Adds a new event to the API for explosion drops: SilkSpawnersSpawnerExplodeEvent
- Adds support for 1.16.2/3 and Piglin Brutes
- Enhances permissions support by checking all known aliases for a mob
- Further increases the compatibility layer with spawners obtained other than from SilkSpawners
- Adds more mob aliases to Shulkers, Snow Golems, Mooshrooms and Zombified Piglins
- Removes a leftover debug statement
mushroomhostage for his awesome plugin!
Thanks to all the testers with the 3.0 dev versions!
Feel free to use this banner!!
Statistics (from bStats)
I worked really hard on this plugin and I'm very happy about any donation.
Support me & buy me some beer, this makes me happy and keeps me interested in this plugin.
Donation chain: -> I receive some money -> Buy coffee -> Work longer -> Faster Updates -> Your benefit!
I'm accepting bitcoins, too!
This plugin is released under the
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0)
Information about the data usage collection bStats
The file ../plugins/bStats/config.yml contains an option to opt-out.
The following data is read and sent to https://bstats.org and can be seen under https://bstats.org/plugin/bukkit/SilkSpawners
- Your server's randomly generated UUID
- The amount of players on your server
- The online mode of your server
- The bukkit version of your server
- The java version of your system (e.g. Java 8)
- The name of your OS (e.g. Windows)
- The version of your OS
- The architecture of your OS (e.g. amd64)
- The system cores of your OS (e.g. 8)
- bStats-supported plugins
- Plugin version of bStats-supported plugins
SilkSpawners || ★ Already updated for 1.16.4 ★ 6.5.0
Mine your spawners with an enchanted SilkTouch pickaxe