A simple lightweight plugin with only one class to change your server's MOTD.
- Native Minecraft Version:
- Legacy (< 1.13)
- Tested Minecraft Versions:
/motd help For help
/motd Checks server's current MOTD
/motd set <args> Sets MOTD to arguments
/motd server set <args> Changes %servername% placeholder to this
/motd server check Checks current server name
/motd title Toggles Title MOTD (Not compatible with \n A.K.A. newlines!)
/motd reload Reload MOTD config.yml
simplemotd.admin Permission to use all commands
simplemotd.bypass Bypass MOTD
Why use this plugin? Glad you asked!
- This plugin allows the user to create new lines by simply typing \n where you need the new line.
- It supports & for color codes
- It allows you to set the MOTD to a title!
- It's lightweight and easy to use.
- It's version independent!
How to setup config.yml:Code (YAML):motd: '&aHello, &b%player%&a!\nWelcome to &b%servername%&a!'
servername: The Server
Set "motd" to your MOTD.
Set "servername" to what name the placeholder %servername% refers to
Set "title" to true for the MOTD to display as a title, or false for it to appear in chat.
Set "opsbypassmotd" to true for ops and players with permission simplemotd.bypass to be able to bypass the MOTD message.
%player% - Gets replaced with the target player's name
%servername% - Gets replaced with "servername" in config.yml
%players% - Number of players online
%maxplayers% - Player limit of server