- Tested Minecraft Versions:
- Source Code:
- Contact me via the ArcanePlugins Discord Server
- Documentation (on our Wiki)
- Issue Tracker
- Source Code
The most robust one-player-sleep plugin. That's it.
If you want an elaboration, feel free to read on:
This is a small plugin that makes it so only one player is required to be sleeping, instead of most of the players in the same world, for a world to skip the night, clear the weather, and reset the phantom timers of course. It comes with an easy configuration file where you can disable a few features too.
I've found a handful of 'one player sleep' plugins on this platform, but they seem to be bloated with many things nobody needs, and some even have pretty bad code, which I would not want to have running on my own servers - so I programmed SleepFixer.
The reason that SleepFixer is so small and robust is that it doesn't get the job done in a stupid way. Here's why:
All other 'One Player Sleep' plugins (that I know about) set the time, which not only doesn't seem natural to your players, but it has a side effect of artificially adjusting the local difficulty, and it also messes with the day counter in a way which isn't intended.
SleepFixer has none of these issues. How?- this leads back to the first sentence where I said 'it doesn't get the job done in a stupid way'. What SleepFixer does is, when a player joins your server, it'll just tell your server:Local Difficulty affects the rate of mob spawning in your location. The more you stay in a location, the higher it gets. Plugins which set the time will speed up this process significantly each time which will thus effect the amount of mobs that spawn next to your base.
(Local Difficulty is a vanilla feature of course. SleepFixer is just a one-player-sleep plugin, it does not add any unexpected features, it does not directly affect your mob spawning and so on.)
- which, in Java code, is exactly:
This means, your server won't care how many players are on the server when a user wants to sleep - it just acts as if the player was on the server by themself, so only one player is required to sleep.
This makes SleepFixer extremely robust so it works on those old servers too, maybe even older than 1.7!
And just to reiterate, it also has these additional features (individually configurable, enabled by default):
- clear the weather when a player sleeps (make it sunny);
- on servers that have the Phantom mob (MC 1.9+), it will reset the phantom spawn timers of all players in the same world as a sleeper (as if they just slept too).
Thankfully - now you can say goodbye to the ever-frequent 'please sleep or briefly disconnect' messages, as SleepFixer has you and your players covered.
- SleepFixer is a tiny, non-bloated plugin that just does what it says on the tin. It's built and updated this way.
- Extremely robust. The plugin operates by only using standard features in your server software. Since there are so few bugs and so few features fit the strict criteria to be added, the plugin barely ever updates.
- No local difficulty shenanigans. Since SleepFixer doesn't mess up your local difficulty or day count (as almost all other One Player Sleep plugins here do), using SleepFixer won't affect the mob spawn rates on your server.
- Toggleable neat features. By default, sleeping clears the weather and the phantom spawn timers of everyone in the same worlds that players sleep.
- Multiversion compatible & supported. Even as old as MC 1.7.. maybe older.
- Free and open source. All of the code that makes SleepFixer tick is fully open-source under the GNU AGPL v3.0 license, allowing anyone to view, modify and even contribute to the code.
SleepFixer, both the plugin and our support, is provided to you completely free of charge. The plugin is also completely open-source under the GNU AGPL v3.0 license.
I intend on keeping it this way, forever, so long I am motivated to do so.
I try my best to put my maximum possible quality into all of my code. This takes a lot of time.
To fuel my motivation to continue developing my resources, I highly appreciate all donations, even as little as a price of a cup of coffee.
You can donate through Ko-fi or BuyMeACoffee if you wish.
Please let me know via a PM if you also wish to receive rewards on our Discord Server, including a role to highlight you for your generosity and also an announcement in the hall-of-donators channel - you can opt-in to both/either at your choice.
Thank you very much!
Need help? Got questions, suggestions or issues with the plugin?
Have you read our documentation? The Wiki is filled with information that we have written and categorized in hopes that it is useful to you. There is also a Frequently Asked Questions page which may answer what you are seeking. If not, please do not fret to contact us by the methods outlined below.
Where to contact me:
Please join the ArcanePlugins Discord Server to inform our support team regarding your inquiry. We have a ticket-system and a community-support chat which are the best mediums for you to chat or ask for assistance.
Alternatively, if you are unable to join our Discord or do not wish to, it's completely fine to send a PM to me on this platform (although it is more difficult to help here). You can also use the GitHub issue tracker which I prefer over Spigot PMs.
Where not to contact me:
Do not use the reviews section below as a medium to forward questions, issues, feature requests, bugs and so on. I will disregard and ignore posts that contain these, specifically because it is impossible for me to answer/assist users there, for many reasons. Thus it'll be completely useless to submit a review for this purpose.
SleepFixer ~ (for 1.7.x - 1.17.x) 2.0.1
The most robust 'one-player-sleep' plugin on the platform. Local Difficulty compatible!