Are you looking for a way to give your staff the spectator gamemode without giving them access to a /gamemode command? Well you've come for the right place!
This plugin is as simple as it gets, but it still packs a few neat features.
- Use /spectate to enter spectator mode.
- Use /spectate [player] to teleport to the specified player and begin spectating them!
- Alternatively, use /spectate [player] from the console to put a player into spectator mode.
- During spectating, your inventory mirrors your target's in a read-only mode.
- Did the player you're spectating teleport away? No worries, you will teleport with them!
- Optionally hide players from the tab list while they're spectating.
- Cycle through all online players with a configurable timer interval!
Please use Java 7 or above when running this plugin, it will NOT work with 6!
This plugin depends on ProtocolLib for various features.
Please install ProtocolLib from here: https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/protocollib.1997/
Please use the Discussion thread for issue reporting, found here: https://www.spigotmc.org/threads/spectator.114152
There are two different types of issue, ones that cause stack traces, and ones that involve the plugin doing something you weren't expecting.
For the former, please follow these steps, for both my and your sanity:
For the latter, these steps apply:
- Use http://pastebin.com to share your stack trace, and put a link to the paste in your post.
- Please explain what you think you did to cause the issue, this can be instrumental in finding the cause!
- Please explain what you did to cause the faulty behavior.
- Please explain what you would like the plugin to do in this case in place of the old behavior.
You can substitute "spec" for "spectate" in all of these commands.
For example, /spectate becomes /spec and /spectatereload becomes /specreload.
PermissionsCode (Text):/spec // Enter or leave spectator mode.
/spec [player] // Start spectating a particular player.
/speccycle start <seconds> // Start spectate cycling through all online players.
/speccycle stop // Stop a currently running spectate cycle.
/specreload // Reload the configuration files.
There are permission nodes for each feature mentioned above.
SourceCode (Text):spectator.* // Grant all Spectator permissions.
spectator.use.* // Grants all use permissions.
spectator.use.spectate // Allows a player to use /spectate.
spectator.use.teleport // Allows a player to teleport to their specified target.
spectator.use.inventory // Allows a player to view their target's inventory.
spectator.use.cycle // Allows a player to cycle through all online players.
spectator.bypass.* // Grants all bypass permissions.
spectator.bypass.tablist // Allow a player to see people hidden from the tab list.
spectator.bypass.viewable // Allow a player to opt-out of being spectated.
spectator.reload // Allow a player to reload the configs.
This plugin is open source, you can take a look at the code here:
Enjoy, and feel free to request features
An extremely simple player spectator plugin.