- Native Minecraft Version:
- Tested Minecraft Versions:
- Source Code:
- FattyMieo (Original Creator)
The latest update, 3.11.0, is a fairly big update, including an updated version of the resource pack. Please make sure to read all UPDATE NOTES before updating to this version.
SurvivalPlus adds new mechanics, items and tools to enhance vanilla gameplay mechanics.
This plugin is great for Minecraft Survival servers looking to make their game more challenging and enhance the player experience.
Originally this plugin was created by FattyMieo a few years back. When I noticed the plugin was no longer maintained I decided to bring it back to life. At first I was updating it work on 1.13.2 but then I wanted to take advantage of all the fun new stuff in 1.14 and push this plugin even further. I also wanted to note that FattyMieo has offered to help me keep this plugin alive by contributing when he can. I'm very grateful to have him along this journey with me since he created such an epic plugin the first place.
- Enhanced to improve the Survival experience
- New custom tools (ex: Hatchet, hammer, sickle)
- New custom items (ex: purified water, medic kit, unlit campfire)
- New hydration system with tiered water bottle types
- Implemented with various status management
- Advanced hunger system with nutrient levels
- New custom recipes (Some recipes will override vanilla recipes, making the game a lot more unique and more challenging)
- Intuitive recipe discovery system (Players will discover recipes as they advance thru the game)
Here's a small preview of some of the custom items you will see in SurvivalPlus. For a more detailed list check out our WIKI
- Hydration System:
Notable Changes Since Original Version:
- New recipe system including new recipe discovery system (Players will unlock recipes as they advance thru the game)
- New model system (This is more internal, but using 1.14's new CustomModelData tag we are able to create even more custom items without overriding vanilla items)
- New /giveitem command allowing admins to give items to themselves or players without having to craft them (Useful for things like vote crates or custom loot tables)
- New hydration system (Working on the old system, but adding 3 types of water bottles including: dirty water, clean water and purified water, along with new steps on how to clean water)
- New campfire system (Players will now craft an unlit campfire which they will have to manually light themselves by either hitting it with a stick a few times or using a flint and steel/firestriker.
- New harvesting crops method (Now you will need to use a sickle to harvest crops)
- Added a Recurved Crossbow (Very similar to a Recurved Bow)
- Plus tons more under the hood (Internal changes that won't really affect players)
There's a resource pack bound to SurvivalPlus. Its automatically set up in your config, nothing you need to do.
If your server already has a custom resource pack, you can download the pack, add the items to your resource pack, and either add the link to your pack to our config or you can pop the link in your server.properties file (You will need to disable the resource pack in the SurvivalPlus config.yml)
You can manually download the resource pack from HERE if need be.
Survival Guide (Essential Knowledge)
First of all, wooden tools and golden tools are removed.
So how can you survive without wooden tools?
Fear not, a new bunch of new items are added within this plugin.
Understand the usage of tools
Survive and thrive
- Punching wood? Nope. You must use a Hatcher or an Axe for breaking any wooden blocks.
- Digging dirt with your bare hands? Nope. You must use a Shovel for breaking any dirt/sandy blocks.
- Breaking stone? You must use a Mattock or Pickaxe for breaking any hard blocks.
- Gathering fruits or vegetables? You must use a Sickle for harvesting crops.
- Cut strings or disarm TnT? You must use a Shears for cutting.
- Placing artificial blocks? You must use a Hammer in your offhand for placing blocks.
First, find some trees. Gather some sticks by breaking the leaves.
Sticks are also obtainable from Saplings.
- Leaves have 25% chance to drop 1 stick, otherwise no drop.
Next, find some gravels. Gather some flints by breaking them.
Gravel is usually found near lakes, rivers, extreme hills, caves, and cliffs.
- Gravel has 50% chance to drop 1 flint, otherwise no drop, by breaking with bare hands.
Hmm, if you can't find any gravel in your area, try the following method if it's available:
Now you can make a Hatchet with these two items.
Break down some logs with your Hatchet, convert some logs into planks and sticks.
Now you can make a Mattock.
Next, find some stones. No, you can't break dirt straight down to find stones yet, you will need a shovel.
Hence, find a cave, or a mountain. Gather stones, and if you're lucky, get some coal too.
To make a workbench, you need the last tool, Hammer.
It is used to make workbenches and build artificial blocks.(See below)
Get a weapon
You can choose either using a Stone Sword or Shiv as your basic weapon.
Shiv adds poison effect on hit, but with less damage.
Harvest cows and sheep to obtain Leather and String(from Wool)
If you are thirsty, craft a Bowl to obtain water. Simply throw 1 Bowl into a water source, it will become a Water Bowl.
Drinking it will quench the thirst, but purified water is recommended when cauldrons are affordable.
Plan and craft
Then, you craft a Workbench like so:
With your workbench, you can upgrade your tools to stone tools.
With a shovel, digging Gravel is less risky to get a flint.
We need to go deeper
Need to discover the underground? You'll need Torches.
But you need to make a Firestriker for igniting.
Firestriker can also be used like flint and steel, cook some meat, smelt some simple items.
It has a durability of 8. Right-click on the ground to set it on fire.
To use the smelting option of a firestriker, right click while sneaking.
- Put unsmelted/uncooked items in the smelting slot.
- Click on the result slot to smelt/cook one item.
- To exit, either click on the Firestriker or press Escape.
Any cookable Food
To make a Furnace, further works are required.
Start gathering some Clay by breaking clay blocks, or:
Turn clay balls into Brick with Firestriker, it's an essential material for making furnaces.
Make your own Furnace in the workbench.
Now you can smelt ores with Furnace.
Settle down before sunset
Time to settle, make sure you bring the workbench with you, it's important.
Make some Chests to store your items.
Build your house This is where hammer comes in handy. All artificially crafted blocks (eg. planks) can only be placed when with the use of a hammer.
Put a hammer on the off hand, your blocks on the main hand, start building your house!
Each placed block has 10% chance to reduce hammer's durability by 1.
For a more detailed look at SurvivalPlus check out our WIKI
Minecraft always feels too easy and it really takes no effort to survive in the game, so we wanted to make things a little more interesting/difficult.
Currently we don't have a lot of entity mechanics but more will come in the future.
This is a fun one, when a player opens a chest in the Nether, if it contains any gold items, nearby pigmen will be startled and target the player. They will also move a little bit faster.
We have an extensive WIKI page to fill you with all the knowledge of this plugin. It includes categorized details on all aspects of this plugin including:
Frequently Asked Questions:
- - Mechanics
- - Tools
- - Advanced Tools
- - Fatigue
- - Food & Farming
- - Hydration
- - Statuses
- - And so much more!
When I remove the plugin, players can't craft anything... how can I fix this?
- The plugin has a gamerule setting "doLimitedCrafting" on by default. The plugin for some reason is not poperly disabling it when the server shuts down.
Simply run in game /gamerule doLimitedCrafting false and you will be good to go.
Can you make this plugin "per world"?
- Short answer no, this isn't possible due to the fact that the custom recipes are registered per server and not per world
How come sometimes I can't craft certain items but I have all the ingredients?
- By default the "doLimitedCrafting" gamerule is on. Players will unlock recipes as they advance thru the game.
Players whom are in creative mode, aren't correctly obtaining the ingredients therefor the recipes won't unlock.
Easy fix... the plugin is called "SurvivalPlus" not "CreativePlus" ... play in survival mode.
You can also manually unlock recipes if need be with Minecraft's built in /recipe command
- See our WIKI for steps on how to install this plugin.
- See our WIKI for all commands and permissions
- The config for this plugin is quite extensive, check out our WIKI for all the details on this config file.
- If you so choose, you can use placeholders in your own scoreboard rather than using SurvivalPlus' scoreboard.
- See out WIKI for a list of placeholders (Requires PlaceholderAPI)
- This plugin will ONLY work on 1.15.2+ Spigot/Paper (Craftbukkit NOT supported)
- Due to how custom items are built in this plugin and major changes in the BukkitAPI we will never offer support for any versions bellow 1.14
- Due to some additions in the Bukkit API recently that this plugin uses, 1.14 to 1.15.1 will not work, please upgrade your server to 1.15.2+ for continued support.
- If you are looking to use this on older Spigot server versions please check out the original SurvivalPlus plugin created by FattyMieo
This plugin uses the bStats metrics system. It helps plugin authors keep track of how well their plugins are doing. bStats sends very little data to their systems in a secure fashion, and we would greatly appreciate it if you would make sure to enable bStats on your server.
You can check out our bStats metics HERE
Theres not much of an API with this plugin yet, but I've added a few things. For example you can get/set the player's hunger/thirst/fatigue/nutrient levels.
If you would like to see more things opened up in the API let me know.
Check out the API Javadocs
- The Energy Update [3.10] (A complete revamp of the fatigue system)
- The Merchant Update [3.11] (Integrate some custom items into the merchant trades)
- For all bugs, issues and suggestions please use our Issue Tracker
- For help and questions, please use the Discussion Tab or our Discord (You can find Survival-Plus under the Projects-Support tab)
- Do NOT send me PMs for support. Please use the methods provided above.
Feel free to donate if you would like Any support helps out
- Please do not use reviews for support as we can not have a conversation back and forth. Before posting a negative review please reach out to us first to get proper support (see Support section right above). If you find an issue we are going to need details so we can fix it, and the review section is just not the place for it.
Survival Plus 3.11.1
Change the way you think about Survival!