- Native Minecraft Version:
- Tested Minecraft Versions:
- Source Code:
- Filip_10 (pictures, testing)
- Languages Supported:
- Any, plugin can be fully translated
Two enemies are online ! Be careful !
Note: You need PlaceholderAPI for this.
What players see vs what staff see
* only supported if Vault is installed
- Send header/footer to players (can be per-world, per-group / per-player) (supports placeholders and animations)
- Configurable prefix/suffix in name tags of players (no character limit if a config option is enabled) (can be per-world, per-group / per-player) (supports placeholders and animations)
- Configurable prefix/suffix in tablist (no character limit) (can be per-world, per-group / per-player) (supports placeholders and animations)
- Display any number near connection bars of players in tablist (ping, deaths, health, any placeholder)
- Send BossBar messages (supports placeholders, animations and multiple BossBars on 1.9+ servers)
- PlaceholderAPI support (relational placeholders supported too)
- Sorting of players in tablist
- PermissionsEx / GroupManager / LuckPerms / UltraPermissions* support
- Per world playerlist option showing in tablist only players in the same world
- Fully client-sided, server-side stays unaffected (scoreboards with their teams and objectives, bossbar entities)
- Fully asynchoronous - plugin does not run in the main server thread and therefore has zero impact on your TPS
- new: Show all players from the entire bungeecord network in tablist
Unique features which no other plugin has
- An option allowing to change the name itself in name tag, make nametag prefix/suffix length unlimited even on <1.13, adding 2 additional lines into player's name tag (called abovename and belowname)
- An option that makes players in spectator gamemode NOT get moved to the bottom of tablist with transparent name
- An option to disable vanilla 1.9+ feature making player's name tag properties (prefix, suffix..) from appearing on their tamed and named pets (dogs, cats, even neutral animals)
- Offers you to see estimate plugin's cpu usage
- Fixes client bug making name tags of invisible players visible for 1.8.x clients.
- Relational placeholders support from PlaceholderAPI
Supported server versions:
- 1.5.x [✔]
- 1.6.x [✔]
- 1.7.x [✔]
- 1.8.x [✔]
- 1.9.x [✔]
- 1.10.x [✔]
- 1.11.x [✔]
- 1.12.x [✔]
- 1.13.x [✔]
- 1.14.x [✔]
- 1.15 - 1.15.1 [✔]
- 1.15.2 [✖] If it's even happening
- Name tags: all versions
- Unlimited nametags: 1.8+ (armor stands were added in 1.8)
- Tablist names: 1.8+ (very limited on older versions, nametag feature is used instead)
- Boss bar: all versions, improved on 1.9+
- Header/footer: 1.8+
- Belowname scoreboard: 1.6+ (earlier versions not tested)
- Playerlist scoreboard: 1.6+ (earlier versions not tested)
Supported Java versions:
- CraftBukkit [✔]
- ↳ Spigot [✔]
- ...↳ PaperSpigot [✔] support will be dropped one day
- ......↳ ySpigot [✔]
- ...↳ TacoSpigot [✔]
- Sponge [✖] (#20) | requests to add support: 5 (-Lukas-#1969, stw222#5641 and 3 more on github)
- BungeeCord [✔]
- ↳ Waterfall [✔]
- ...↳ Travertine [✔]
- ↳ HexaCord [✔]
- Velocity [✔] (1.1.0 and up) WHY WOULD ANYONE USE THIS
Reloading the plugin:
- Java 7 [✖]
- Java 8-13 [✔]
- /tab reload [✔]
- /plugman reload tab [✔] (if the jar needs to be updated while server is running)
- /reload [✔] (however not recommended because other plugins might not be compatible)
Found any (in)compatibility not mentioned above ? Let me know.
Wiki is in progress
The part we don't like, but must accept. Knowing these in advance can help prevent headaches, so it's recommended to read them.
- Name Tags
Prefix/suffix length is limited to 16 characters including color codes. This limit was removed in 1.13. Name cannot be changed.
Bypass: enable unlimited nametag mode in config
- The format is a white number + space + text.
- The text is same on all players, therefore cannot be personalized (such as player's faction). Only the number can be per-player.
- Color of the number doesn't seem to be configurable.
- It also appears on citizens NPCs.
Bypass: enable unlimited nametag mode in config and use belowname property instead
- Boss bar on <1.9
- Doesn't offer color and style features.
- Has a visual bug if you set the progress to less than ~50% (client sided bug).
- Only one line can be displayed at a time.
- You can see the fog if you don't disable particles in options
- Tablist objective
Only supports two types: a yellow number and hearts. Nothing else. Color cannot be changed, only the value.
There's a possible fake bypass which might be added in the future.
Can you fucking read this before asking these questions on discord ?
- Can I use a space in command to set prefix/suffix ? Or do I need to edit it manually in the config ?
Yes, you can use spaces in command, but the space can't be the first or last character (for example prefix "&4Admin &f" instead of "&4Admin&f " and "&f &6Suffix" as a suffix instead of " &6Suffix").
- How to make animations work in prefix/suffix ?
First, you need to create an animation in animations.yml file. There is a lot of examples so you should not have a problem making your own. After you create one, you need to set nametag-refresh-interval-ticks or tablist-refresh-interval-ticks (depending on where are you trying to use the animation) to lower value. If your newly created animation has refresh interval 200 milliseconds (4 ticks), set the value to 4 (not less to save cpu).
- Can you add scoreboard function ?
No. MVDW would go broke. Or just donate and i'll give it to you.
- Do animations work in...
Yes, animations work everywhere. In tablist header/footer, prefix/suffix, nametag prefix/suffix, bossbar and even in tablist-objective if you want. Check FAQ#2 if animations do not seem to be working.
- How do i make %online% not count vanished players ?
Use %canseeonline% instead (vanished admins will still see the real count because they can see themselves obviously, but (other) players won't). Same with %staffonline% -> %canseestaffonline%.
- Is PlaceholderAPI supported ? / PlaceholderAPI placeholders don't work ?!
PlaceholderAPI is supported and plugin is hooking into PlaceholderAPI correctly. If some placeholder doesn't work, make sure you have appropriate expansion downloaded.
Relational placeholders were tested and confirmed to be working by a few people too. If you still can't get PlaceholderAPI placeholders to work, you can ask for help on their discord.
- Can i show some text in the variable next to the connection bar in tablist ? / Can i change the number's color ?
No, there are only 2 options: yellow number and hearts. Nothing else, color cannot be changed.
Beg mojang to allow it like you did with the 16 char prefix limit in nametag, so they removed the limit in 1.13 which makes my unlimited nametag mode pretty useless there.
- How to make player heads visible in tablist ?
online-mode=true in server.properties or get a plugin like AutoIn that changes some connections to online connections. There's no way a cracked player can see heads.
- So, i enabled unlimited nametag mode understanding it's experimental, but it doesn't seem to work. Why ?
This thing shows nametags completely differently than vanilla. As a result, hacked clients that allow you to see your own nametag will not work for this. To see the result, you need another person to look at you. You can also use /tab ntpreview to temporarily display the text for yourself (the command is a toggle).
- How to make the plugin compatible with glow plugins ?
The plugin prevents any other attempts to modify player's name tag to avoid players being sorted randomly and losing prefix whenever other plugins feel like. This is mainly targeted against CMI and ViaVersion, as well as glow plugins.
Because of that, the only way to make it compatible is to add the glow plugin's placeholder (placeholderapi needed) at the end of tagprefix so the name will have that color, such as tagprefix: "&4Admin %eglow_glowcolor%"
If you're looking for a working glow plugin, check out eGlow.
- How do i disable the yellow number in tablist ?
- Where can i find current default config ?
By opening the jar as a zip you can see all default files.
- How to add players to %staffonline% placeholder ?
As mentioned on placeholders page linked above and in default config too, give them tab.staff permission
- Why is this plugin still free ?
Yes, people ask this often. The main reasons would be:
- Despite plugin's download count, active development, fast support, overall rating and amount of servers using it i still don't meet the requirements to post a paid plugin. So the premium jar is given to donators instead.
- When i did meet them in the past, my paid plugin request got rejected with no explanation whatsoever. I gave up trying again.
- My account has a warning which might result in inability to have paid plugins.
- What people value about this plugin at most is the price. Making it paid would just make it "another paid tablist plugin".
- The point of a paid plugin is getting paid for it. This would not be the case. People who want to support me and delay plugin's end of life can always do so by donating. Those who don't appreciate my work and don't want to support me would just download leaked version anyway. Can we not pretend like blackspigot is not a thing ?
- I configured sorting list correctly but players are still not sorted correctly, why ?
You are likely using LuckPerms and have your users assigned in several permission groups, but didn't configure weights correctly. As a result, their primary group is default, not the group you think it is. Configure weights correctly and it will work. You can check player's permission group any time using /tab debug [player].
Issues you may experience and are not caused by the plugin
- When using a deluxetags placeholder, it will not be displayed correctly until you type something into chat. This looks like a deluxetags "feature".
- Citizens NPCs will appear in tablist for a short period of time each time you get near them. This behaviour is needed to make the entities appear in the client and have a skin too. There's nothing anyone can do about it.
- In 1.8.0 client, tablist prefix may not appear (nametag prefix will show instead). Mojang fixed the bug in 1.8.1.
- Since 1.15, using &m (strikethrough) in header will not always work, instead, it will randomly flicker though having the effect and not having it. This is a client sided bug introduced in 1.15 and is still present on 1.15.1. Footer is unaffected.
- You may see an unwanted spaces at the end of your nametag even if you didn't configure any. This is caused by not ending bold segment correctly. To do so, add &r after ending bold segment (for example prefix &4&lAdmin&r &6).
- Plugin's tasks are fully asynchronous and have no impact on your TPS
As long as you have enough cores available plugin will not cause lag no matter how low you set your refresh intervals. If you enable unlimited nametag mode, it creates fake armor stands which are also processed asynchronously.
- "OTHER" group definition is more like "all" or "every" rather than "other".
Applying a property to OTHER section will work for all groups that do not have the option defined. For example, if you want all groups to have belowname "20 ❤", you don't need to give it to every group. Just give it to OTHER and every group that doesn't have belowname defined will use this one. Take advantage of this to simplify and shorten your config.
When the feature was introduced plugin didn't offer many settings for groups so "other" was accurate. Now it would be appropriate to rename it to prevent confusion, however that would break everyone's config which i don't want to do so we'll stick to other for a while.
- Sorting is done using name tag packets.
Disabling name tag packets (change-nametag-prefix-suffix: false) will disable sorting too.
- Players who don't have their group in sorting list will be sorted by tabprefix.
If sorting list doesn't contain player's permission group, this player will be below those with group on list and will then be sorted alphabetically by their tabprefix. You can use this to alter plugin's sorting behaviour, for example clearing the sorting list entirely (group-sorting-priority-list: ) to make players sorted by prefix. Then, use additional fake color codes (&0&4Owner, &1&6Admin) to sort them how you want.
Love the plugin and want to help it grow and improve? Here is some of the ways you can help the plugin.
- Do you know Java? Help us on GitHub
Anyone is able to contribute to the source, add new features or help fix a bug. Yeah i know, i'm funny.
- Good with words or video editing? Make tutorials
Help new users of TAB by creating tutorials either in the form of a video or in writing. Showcase how TAB works, what it can do and how simple it is to use.
- Found a bug? Report it!
If you found a bug or have a brilliant idea for a new feature, help us by writing a detailed bug report, the more information you can give us, the easier it is for us to fix it.
Donations keep me motivated to fix bugs and add new functionality to the plugin. Donations are given without the expectation of a favor in return. But reasonable donations get premium jar.
ObsidianPrison - 50 USD
HexedHero - 31 USD
Arektor - 30 EUR
Newwind - 20 USD
ShaunaFurry - 18 USD
Rakaan - 15 USD
Invaerne - 10 GBP
BjoernR - 10 EUR
x1p - 10 EUR
Heliosard#7052 - 10 EUR
JayBae201 - 10 USD
Thomoski - 10 USD
Casidesigns - 10 USD
MrGraycat - 10 USD
Sikatsu#5895 - 10 USD
Mr.RawR_XD#1337 - 10 USD
Jája#7586 - 10 USD
KotoriXIII - 8.52 EUR
digishield - 150 CZK
DuckWeedVN - 5 EUR
DrWurzeli#2058 - 5 EUR
Preparator1 - 5 USD
Falistos - 5 USD
poui0609 - 5 USD
scooterprint - 5 USD
lowkeyHero - 5 USD
Over_Brave#9324 - 5 USD
Truger23 - 3 EUR
iTzDinikCZ - 3 EUR
Lokipea - 3 EUR
Ownsgood - 3 USD
freight - 2.10 USD
Pelfect#3633 - 1 USD
Thanks to all of you ! Hope you enjoy the plugin !