WARNING: Do not reload the plugin, you may lose foxes!!
- Tested Minecraft Versions:
- Source Code:
Please don't review one star because you don't follow this advice!
NOTE: You no longer need to add the program arguments to your start file. If you previously had them, you can delete them, but I don't think it would harm anything if you leave them in.
Default configuration files:
If you get any errors, please don't leave a review with it, but instead create a GitHub Issue, create a comment in the discussion tab, or DM me. Enjoy!
Have you ever wanted to tame foxes? Well, now you can! Use raw chicken to tame them and sweet berries to breed them!
- 33% Chance of taming
- Wild foxes have most of the vanilla behavior when wild
- Leaping on targets
- Tamed foxes sleep when their owner does
- Foxes follow owner
- You can shift + right-click to let the fox hold items
- Right-click to make the fox sit
- Shift Right-click with an empty hand to make the fox sleep
- If the fox is holding a totem of undying, the fox will consume it and be reborn.
- Foxes attack the owner's target
- Foxes attack what that attacked the owner.
- Foxes are automatically spawned inside the world. (Same areas as vanilla foxes)
- Foxes attack chickens and rabbits (configurable).
- Snow and red foxes.
- Message for when a tamed fox dies
- A configurable maximum amount of foxes a player can tame.
- Foxes sleep on the bed with their owner.
- /givefox command to give foxes to other players.
- Disabling certain gameplay messages
- You can do this by changing certain fields in language.yml to "disabled". The fields that can be disabled are:
- /spawntamablefox [red/snow]: Spawns a tamable fox at the players location.
- tamablefoxes.reload: Reloads the plugin config. Default: "op"
- tamablefoxes.spawn: Gives permission to run the command /spawntamablefox. Default: "op"
- tamablefoxes.tame: Gives the player the ability to tame a fox. Default: "Everybody"
- tamablefoxes.tame.unlimited: Lets players bypass the tame limit. Default: "op"
- tamablefoxes.tame.anywhere: Lets players bypass the banned worlds in config.yml (so they can tame in any world). Default: "op"
- tamablefoxes.givefox.give.others: Allows the player to give another players fox to a player with /givefox. This will ignore if the other receiving has the tamablefoxes.givefox.receive permission. Default: "op"
- tamablefoxes.givefox.give: Gives the player the ability to give foxes to other players with /givefox. Default: "Everybody"
- tamablefoxes.givefox.receive: Gives the player the ability to receive foxes from other players from /givefox. Default: "Everybody"
Tamable Foxes collects anonymous server statistics through bStats, an open-source statistics service for Minecraft software. If you wish to opt-out, you can do so in the bstats/config.yml file.
Tamable Foxes [1.14.X-1.18.1] 2.2.3-SNAPSHOT
Ever wanted to tame foxes? Now you can!
its a very good and perfect plugin, can you add an option to change/modify the type of food needed for tame foxes? or add an option to create a food with custom name and colors, like "Special Chicken" or something, that could be a good addon! <3
MY FAVORITE PLUGIN. This plugin should be a vanilla feature, I have no clue why foxes weren't tamable from their first implementation. This plugin is the reason why foxes have become such a cute and adorable companion of both me and my players.
I enjoy running around with my foxes and I have a fox breeding farm now :3
Works perfectly on 1.17 now that the plugin has updated. Contacted the author on Discord after the plugin stopped working after searching a while for his socials and he got it fixed within 48 hours. <3
I'd suggest anybody who wants an original plugin either as a donor perk or a way to have some fun in an SMP/Creative map to add this plugin to your server. You won't be let down :3