- Native Minecraft Version:
- Tested Minecraft Versions:
- Source Code:
- https://github.com/Nannerss/EternalOreEternal OreIs this for me?
Create ores that automatically respawn!
This plugin has been temporarily discontinued and will not receive any more updates for the time being. It is still available for download, but it may not work for your version.
Supports versions 1.8 - 1.14.2!
Eternal Ore is a plugin that allows you to set certain ores that automatically respawn a certain amount of time after being mined.
If you're a server owner and you're looking for a new, fun mechanic to add to your server, this is for you! This plugin works perfectly with any gamemode and is guaranteed to be loads of fun for the players!
Ideas for implementation:
Still not convinced? Keep reading!
- Add ores in your warzone/PvP zone to give players a reason to venture away from safety!
- Create tiered mines filled with ores to encourage players to explore!
- Nerf ore drops to slow down progression on your server!
Currently, there are 10 regular ores that each have their own drops and respawn times that can be configured by you!
- Coal Ore
- Iron Ore
- Gold Ore
- Diamond Ore
- Emerald Ore
- Nether Quartz Ore
- Lapis Ore
- Redstone Ore
A random ore is an ore that changes between ores every second. Even though there are 10 ores, you get to configure which of them can appear in the random ore.
When you mine a random ore, you get the drop for whatever regular ore was showing at the time you mined it.
Example: It switches to an Emerald Ore and you manage to mine it before it changes. You get whatever drop you configured for the Emerald Ore.
Whenever you mine any of the ores, they will turn into a placeholder block of your choice! In this example, I have it configured to turn into bedrock.
Mining regular ores
Mining a random ore
After a certain amount of time, an ore that's been mined will respawn. The amount of time is different for each ore, and can also be configured by you.
If for some reason you want to manually respawn ores, you can use /eternalore respawn [all]. The "all" argument is optional. If you don't include "all" in the command, it will only respawn the ore you are currently looking at. If you do, however, include the "all", it will respawn all of the mined ores on the server. Be careful, as this can cause lag if there are a large amount of mined ores.
Eternal ore wand
This magical tool is what will make managing respawnable and random ores possible!
It has 3 different functions:
- Set a regular ore (Left Click)
- Set a random ore (Shift Click)
- Remove any ore (Right Click)
More on this below...
To set a regular ore, you simply have to hold the wand in your hand left click the ore you want to make respawnable. The block you click must be one of the 10 regular ore types mentioned above.
NOTE: By default, Spigot only loads the world you have set in your server.properties file on startup. This means that if you set ores in a world, then change the name of that world or change the main world in which Spigot loads up, the plugin will throw errors. To solve this, you can either manually remove the set ores in the ores.yml file, or you can find a plugin that loads all of your worlds on startup.
Example: You click a Gold Ore block with the wand, it is now a respawnable Gold Ore block.
To set a random ore, you have to hold shift and left click the block you want to make a random ore. The block you click must either be a Redstone Block or one of the 10 regular ore types, although it is good practice to use Redstone Blocks as random ore placeholders.
To remove a regular ore or a random ore, you simply need to right click the ore you want to remove with the wand and it will turn into a normal, vanilla ore!
Easily setup Eternal Ore with a simple and easy-to-understand configuration!
Code (YAML):# The material of the wand item for this plugin.
# The block that will take the place of the mined ore until it respawns.
# The settings for the mineable ores.
# - STONE
# - COBBLESTONE
# - NETHER_QUARTZ_ORE (Could also be QUARTZ_ORE)
# - LAPIS_ORE
# - REDSTONE_ORE
The material of the Eternal Ore Wand. In the examples above, I had a Blaze Rod as the wand.
The block that will take the place of a respawnable ore when mined.
What will drop when said ore is mined.
The list of ores that random ores will rotate through. Items must be one of the 10 regular ore types.
The maximum amount of a drop that can be given per ore mined.
The time (in minutes) for an ore to respawn after being mined.
Reloading the config
If you want to make a change in the config (or settings.yml), then all you have to do is make the changes, save the config, and type /eternalore reload in-game! Say goodbye to having to restart your server for just a small change!
- /eternalore - The base command for the plugin.
- /eternalore help - Lists the available commands for the plugin.
- /eternalore reload - Reloads the settings.yml file.
- /eternalore respawn [all] - Respawns all ores ore just the one you're looking at.
- /eternalore wand - Gives you the Eternal Ore Wand.
How do I set it up?
- eternalore.* - Gives the user every permission every permission within this plugin.
- eternalore.help - Allows the player to use /eternalore help.
- eternalore.reload - Allows the player to reload the settings.yml file.
- eternalore.respawn - Allows the player to respawn mined ores.
- eternalore.wand.give - Allows the player to give themself the Eternal Ore Wand.
- eternalore.wand.use - Allows the player to use the Eternal Ore Wand.
- eternalore.update - Allows the player to recieve a plugin update message on join.
- Download the plugin jar above.
- Drag the jar into your plugins folder.
- Start your server.
- Edit the configuration to your liking.
- Restart the server and you're good to go!
By downloading and using this plugin, you agree to not alter its contents or pirate it in any way. You also agree to not steal the source code and claim it as yours for your own personal gain. The source code is available to help others and for you to give feedback on the plugin. Please leave the reviews section only for legitimate reviews. If you have suggestions/complaints/concerns, PM me here or let me know on the GitHub repository page.
(TEMPORARILY DISCONTINUED) Eternal Ore - Respawnable Ores! 1.2.1
Create ores that automatically respawn!
- Fixed Issues with Ore Regeneration Across Worlds Jun 16, 2019
- Support for Using Fortune on Custom Ores! Jun 15, 2019
- Fixed Compatibility Issues with Materials and Sounds Jun 14, 2019