- Tested Minecraft Versions:
- Khoorn, rutgerkok, Timethor, Cayorion and others
TerrainControl is an advanced world generator. Through various configuration files it gives the user control over almost every aspect of Minecraft terrain generation, with no knowledge of Java required. It can be used on Bukkit or Forge servers and on singleplayer with Forge. TerrainControl is the successor to the old PhoenixTerrainMod, which was based on the popular BiomeTerrainMod.
Looking for Minecraft 1.10 builds? See this forum thread.
Posting for help in the comments section below or the forums here at spigot is possible, but not recommended since we don't come here often. Please use our forums instead!
...and many more!
- Control horizontal and vertical noise of terrain generation
- Control terrain height and volatility per biome
- Generating biome maps from images
- Control the size of biomes, islands and continents
- Custom biomes
- Many options for caves, canyons
- Control vanilla structures like mineshafts, strongholds, villages and ocean monuments
- Full control of ores, plants, dungeons, ponds and many more
- Custom trees and other objects (BO2 and BO3)
- Block replacement
- Visual settings like custom foliage colors (TerrainControl client mod required)
How to use
TerrainControl is more complex than most Bukkit/Spigot plugins, so it may take a while to get into - but the results are worth it. If you want to create your own world, be sure to check our documentation. If you have done some reading and still have problems using TerrainControl, just post to our forums and we'll try to figure it out.
To reiterate and elaborate: Posting for help in the comments section below is possible, but not recommend. Discussions in the comments are not threaded so they tend to get chaotic and we don't read them often. We also discourage any posting to the spigot forums for similar reasons. Our entire community is over at the forums; go ask your questions there! Log in is simple with either a Google or Github account
- Installation instructions
- First steps
- TerrainControl Wiki
- TerrainControl Forums
- Download premade worlds, biomes and objects
TerrainControl is available for both Spigot and Forge. For Spigot you can simply download a file using the Download button on the top of this page. For Forge and Bukkit for Minecraft 1.7.10 and older you can go to BukkitDev.
The latest dev builds are available here, but the stability of these files is not guaranteed. They may corrupt your worlds or configuration files.
TerrainControl sends some stats to MCStats. We won't upload your configuration files, but we do send which BiomeMode you are using (Norma/FromImage/etc.). Some other information is also collected, like your IP address, OS and Java version. You can of course turn this off. See this wiki page for more information.
We are always looking for volunteers who want to write code, want to write documentation, want to answer questions on the forums.
Found a bug? Report it on Github! Please mention which version you are using of TerrainControl and Spigot, and state clearly what isn't working as intended and how we can reproduce the issue. Not sure if something is a bug? You can always post on our forums!
Advanced custom world generator