- Tested Minecraft Versions:
Want an extra dimension to food and drink, this plugin allows you to record thirst on your server, making use of the water bottles in Minecraft for a more RPG feel.
For those cold artic areas snowballs can be melted into water bottles, plus mechanics of water bottles has been changed to allow stacking of water for those long journeys across the deserts.
Test the plugin out on our server play.byte.org.uk
Items & Crafting
- Thirst reduces over time requiring player to drink liquid
- Thirst will ignore players in creative and afk players
- Thirst will not go down whilst raining (wont go up either).
- Messages at certain thirst levels to tell players of danger
- Effects applied to player as they get more thirst
- Damage inflicted if thirst gets to 0
- Replenish thirst by swimming, or consuming configured items
- Integration with ArmorWeight plugin for thirst reduction for heavy armour weight
- Integration with worldguard plugin for thirst free zones (mycelianium-spread deny)
- Custom recipes
- Stackable water bottles ( amount configurable)
- Ability to craft/melt snowballs into water bottles for those colder areas with no running water
- Ability to create boiled water in furnace (use with disease plugin)
- Add your own custom potion recipes
- BARAPI support
- BossBarAPI support
- Ability to get thirst messages through the action Bar in 1.8
- Thirst scoreboard enabled to view thirst level
- Scoreboard Stats Support, variable = %thirst%
- Supported by featherboard
- Custom byte bossbar, appears only when thirst is at certain level
- admin /thirst set command to alter players thirst
- refresh command for plugins, vips or admins
- Configurable thirst for normal, desert, jungle and savanna biomes and now Nether type world
- Configurable names & lore for boiled and pure water
- Enable or disable the plugin per world
- Add you own food items and thirst refresh rates in config
- Customise thirst levels & messages players receive at those levels
- Customise damage when thirst reaches 0
- Create your own custom drinks and recipes easily with set refreshing values and multiple lines of lore
- /thirst help - show help menu
- /thirst check - check your thirst level
- /thirst refresh me - refresh yourself (needs permission)
- /thirst refresh <player> - refresh another player (needs permission)
- /thirst set <player> <percent> - sets a players thirst to a certain percentage (needs permission)
- /thirst ignite - for a laugh, if you are so parched you can spark a flint and steel over your head to ignite yourself
- /thirst debug- enable console debugger
- /thirst reload - reload certain values
Melt snow into water bottles
Boil water for purity (Stop risk of cholera if using disease plugin)
Create your own recipes:
To add your own custom recipes add the config below defining what items should be added to create the potion, up to 9 ingredients which form a shapeless recipe.
once you have the setup add the recipe to the enabled recipes list to enable it on the server.
note the product will always be a potion with the name and thirst replenishing value
PermissionsCode (Text):##Enabled recipes
description: horrible egg mix.
- thirst.refresh - refresh yourself
- thirst.refresh.others - refresh other players
- thirst.set.others - set the thirst of others
- thirst.immune - ignores thirst effects
- thirst.debug- allow debugging
- thirst.reload - allow reload of some values
Click here to go to the Config file setup config file
note you don't have to alter anything in the config the plugin will run on default settings
Come visit us at www.byte.org.uk
If you feel gracious enough to give a couple o pennies click the donate at the top of the page
Add a bit more than hunger
Love this plugin and used it for years.
The idea from @JuicyJake would be nice and it would be great if we could specifiy the amount of potions that came out of a recipe. Esüecially when used with buckets. 1 Potion out of 1 bucket? Thats a very, very, expensive one.
I have a little pastebin file with some recipes if anyone would have it.
- Carrot Juice
- Melon Lemonade
- Beet Root Juice
- Sweet Berries Lemonade
- Egg Nog
- Spruce Needle Tea
- Birch Leaf Tea
- Oak Leaf Tea
- Honey Milk
- Apple Juice
I will update the list from time to time with new recipes.
Hope this plugin will never die!
Me and my friends love this plugin! However we were wondering if there was a way to change the color of the drink spites when we make a custom drink. Example if we were to make a drink for Lime Gatorade how do we have it use the Green Potion Sprite instead of the Default Pink Sprite.