Manhunt plugin for 1.16!
- Native Minecraft Version:
- Tested Minecraft Versions:
v1.2: The compass now works in the nether and end!
Unfortunately, this means that the plugin no longer supports 1.13, 1.14, and 1.15.
v1.3.1: Added spies to manhunt!
- Supports one speedrunner, one spy, and as many hunters as you want
- Tested on 1.16 and 1.16.2
- /tc, /tc help - Help page
- /tc <player> - Sets compass target to speedrunner
- /tc reload - Reloads config
- /tc spy - Chooses a spy
- /rt - Removes tracker
- /gc - Gives hunter a tracking compass
- /dc - Deletes compass from player's inventory
- Customizable Config File
- Compass stays in your inventory (hunter cannot accidentally drop it or lose it upon death)
NOTE: If you want to play the same manhunt that Dream does, make sure the "compass-abilities" setting in the config is set to false. None of the settings listed below that in the Config Information section will affect your game.
- Edit the config.yml (located in <server folder>\plugins\TrackerCompass) and customize the settings to your liking (if you don't know what each setting is for, see Config Information below)
- Once the speedrunner is in the game, type "/tc <player name>" (this command can be performed by anyone and only needs to be performed once).
- (Optional) Type "/tc spy" to select a random hunter to become a spy. This command will ONLY work AFTER the speedrunner has been selected. It will also fail if there is only one hunter.
- All the hunters must type "/givecompass" or "/gc" to receive a tracking compass (this compass will stay in your inventory when you die so you don't have to worry about giving yourself a compass every time you respawn). Once you have the tracker compass in your inventory, you cannot drop it, so the only way to remove it is to type "/deletecompass" or "/dc". To reset the compass target, type "/removetracker" or "/rt".
- The game ends when either the speedrunner gets killed (or disconnects from the server -- this is to prevent bugs and null errors) or kills the Ender Dragon and get the advancement "Free the End."
Compass Update: How often the compass updates (measured in ticks, not seconds -- 20 ticks is equal to one second). Set to 1 for fastest updates, but beware that this may cause lag on servers with low memory. Recommended is 20 ticks.Code (YAML):compass-update: 20
Compass Abilities: Set this to false to play the original manhunt. When set to true, hunters will have access to these compass abilities: on left click, they will be able to see what dimension the speedrunner is in (overworld, nether, end); on right click, they will be able to see how many blocks away they are from the speedrunner.
Tracker Distance: If the distance between the speedrunner and the hunter is more than this number, the hunter will not be able to see the exact distance when they right click (for example, if the tracker distance is set to 100 and the speedrunner is 150 blocks away, the hunter will see their distance as "> 100" rather than 150). When the speedrunner is in a different dimension, this rule will also apply.
Compass Cooldown: This is the cooldown for the compass ablities. The compass pointer doesn't work in the nether or end, so it is recommended to make the "compass-cooldown-other" setting lower than the overworld cooldown.
Tracker compass plugin used for manhunt (as seen in Dream's videos)