- Tested Minecraft Versions:
- Source Code:
- bergerkiller, Friwi, mg_1999, KamikazePlatypus, lenis0012, timstans
Please use GitHub to file an issue report
This plugin requires BKCommonLib
Since April 16, 2017 release version names will be in a MCVersion-pluginversion format. Older versions of Minecraft are also supported.
Plugin: TrainCarts - Linked Minecarts, sign-redstone systems, easy to use and realistic
TrainCarts/BKCommonLib for MC 1.7.10 can be found here (outdated)
Incompatible with: RailCraft
This plugin looks for suitable Minecarts and links them together if possible. When two Minecarts are being "linked", the Minecarts will act as one single moving train.
Once carts are successfully linked, an effect is played and their velocity is shared in combination with an individual factor for each Minecart, which is used to remain a steady gap between carts. This gap is adjustable, the force at which this happens as well.
End result: a train! You can move it, make a roller-coaster out of it, split it in half, watch trains collide, whatever you want to do with trains.
As for 1.21, it is also possible to safely exit your train by setting an exit offset with a (sideways) push factor for the train. This feature is disabled by default. (only affects dropped items). If you want to display arrival times on signs (see redstone circuit part) you need SignLink, see the downloads on the bottom of the page.
As for 1.35 you can set train properties to make 'special' trains, or to 'finalize' a train
For testing out the new attachment system introduced in 1.12.2-v2, there is a free to download test resource pack available here:
The models are bound to durability values of the golden pickaxe.
The locomotive and carriages were made by Nullblox, a very talented voxel modeler. Maxi made the different color rollercoaster carts. If you want your own train models commissioned, you should definitely contact these and other very talented people on this website!
Special Addons for TrainCarts
- ActionBlocks - Blocks below tracks perform actions
- HangRail - Trains floating below iron fences and also below/above other kinds of blocks
- FloatRail - Trains floating above blocks
- Link minecarts using collision: no commands needed to make a train
- Move trains as easily as you would with single Minecarts
- Stores trains to file for persistence during reloads and server restarts
- Use sign-redstone circuits for subway systems, complete railroads and much more
- Station to gracefully stop and launch trains
- Player enter/ejector
- Property setters
- Tag systems to switch certain tracks based on tags on the train
- Destination systems to make your train travel to far-away lands all on it's own
- Transferring items between trains and storage blocks (chest, furnace, etc.)
- Supports Minecart Mania's features
- Infinite minecart speeds are possible, higher speed than vanilla!
- Change the blocks displayed in trains
- Cancel collisions with players, mobs, other trains using a variety of collision modes
- Loads of fixes for vanilla minecart physics, fixing network synchronization bugs (off the rails)
- Detector regions, to detect trains on stretches of track
- Vertical rails using ladders
- X-crossing rails using pressure plates
- API for custom rails and custom sign actions
- Teleport trains /w passengers (MyWorlds needed)
- Show arrival times on signs (SignLink needed)
- Push-away: Push mobs, players and items away from your trains to keep them running
- Everything is configurable, if something proves not to be, I will make it that way
- When players are near, trains reach their destinations. With no one near, they don't. What do I do?By default trains do not keep chunks loaded, and they will unload once they move into unloaded chunks. To make trains keep the chunk area (and themselves) around them loaded, set the 'keepchunksloaded' property to True. This can be done using the /train keepchunksloaded true command, using a property sign or by changing it to true in the DefaultTrainProperties.yml file. For more information about train properties, see here.
- I have a iMac and signs don't work. What do I do?Add 'parseOldSigns: true' to the config and type signs like 'train' instead of '[train]'.
If you have another plugin that performs similar Minecart replacement techniques, it is likely that TrainCarts will not function or function poorly. For the 'chunk persistence' part of this plugin, other plugins that unload chunks without firing events result in this feature failing. Minebackup is known for having this problem.
If you really like my work and want to give something in return, feel free to donate something small to me using the link down below. Thank you!
- Boom! New features finally officially released! Custom models and a whole lot more :) Jan 22, 2018 at 9:31 PM
- Loopings, improved physics, and new signs! Oct 14, 2017
- General bugfixes Sep 28, 2017