- Tested Minecraft Versions:
- Source Code:
- bergerkiller, Friwi, mg_1999, KamikazePlatypus, lenis0012, timstans
Please use GitHub to file an issue report
This plugin requires BKCommonLib
Since April 16, 2017 release version names will be in a MCVersion-pluginversion format. Older versions of Minecraft are also supported.
Plugin: TrainCarts - Linked Minecarts, sign-redstone systems, easy to use and realistic
TrainCarts/BKCommonLib for MC 1.7.10 can be found here (outdated)
Join our discord server for plugin help. https://discord.gg/q9gutsN
Incompatible with: RailCraft
This plugin looks for suitable Minecarts and links them together if possible. When two Minecarts are being "linked", the Minecarts will act as one single moving train.
Once carts are successfully linked, an effect is played and their velocity is shared in combination with an individual factor for each Minecart, which is used to remain a steady gap between carts. This gap is adjustable, the force at which this happens as well.
End result: a train! You can move it, make a roller-coaster out of it, split it in half, watch trains collide, whatever you want to do with trains.
As for 1.21, it is also possible to safely exit your train by setting an exit offset with a (sideways) push factor for the train. This feature is disabled by default. (only affects dropped items). If you want to display arrival times on signs (see redstone circuit part) you need SignLink, see the downloads on the bottom of the page.
As for 1.35 you can set train properties to make 'special' trains, or to 'finalize' a train
For testing out the new attachment system introduced in 1.12.2-v2, there is a free to download test resource pack available here:
The models are bound to durability values of the golden pickaxe.
- TrainCarts Demo Pack v3 (latest, also works on 1.13.2)
- TrainCarts Demo Pack v2
- Fixes relative positions of wheel-less carriages, wheels and pistons so they work correctly with rolling animations
- Added version to name of TP
- TrainCarts Demo Pack v1
The locomotive and carriages were made by Nullblox, a very talented voxel modeler. Maxi made the different color rollercoaster carts. If you want your own train models commissioned, you should definitely contact these and other very talented people on this website!
Here's some links if you are interested in making or setting up your own models:
Besides a resource pack, you can also download some default saved trains that can be put inside the 'plugins/Train_Carts/savedTrainModules' sub-folder:
The following train names can be spawned:
- Demo saved trains zip file (extract and put inside above mentioned folder, then restart the server)
- loco - Spawns locomotive without animations
- carr / carg / carb - Spawns red/green/blue carriages without animations
- loco_anim - Spawns locomotive with animation 'wheel' to bring it to life
- carr_anim / carg_anim / carb_anim - Spawns red/green/blue carriages with animation 'wheel' to bring it to life
- ferris - Animated ferris wheel, use animation 'spin' to control it (WARNING: VERY LAGGY)
- spinner - Animated spinning ride with 3 controllable animations ('spin', 'turn' and 'arm')
- rolr / rolg / rolb - Rollercoaster carts with 4 seats
Special Addons for TrainCarts
- TCHangRail - Trains floating below iron fences and also below/above other kinds of blocks (by TeamBergerhealer)
- TCCoasters - Rails in the air without requiring actual rails blocks (by TeamBergerhealer)
- TCTicketShop - Use sign interaction to buy train tickets (by DefinitlyEvil)
- Link minecarts using collision: no commands needed to make a train
- Move trains as easily as you would with single Minecarts
- Stores trains to file for persistence during reloads and server restarts
- Use sign-redstone circuits for subway systems, complete railroads and much more
- Station to gracefully stop and launch trains
- Player enter/ejector
- Property setters
- Tag systems to switch certain tracks based on tags on the train
- Destination systems to make your train travel to far-away lands all on it's own
- Transferring items between trains and storage blocks (chest, furnace, etc.)
- Supports Minecart Mania's features
- Infinite minecart speeds are possible, higher speed than vanilla!
- Change the blocks displayed in trains
- Cancel collisions with players, mobs, other trains using a variety of collision modes
- Loads of fixes for vanilla minecart physics, fixing network synchronization bugs (off the rails)
- Detector regions, to detect trains on stretches of track
- Vertical rails using ladders
- X-crossing rails using pressure plates
- API for custom rails and custom sign actions
- Teleport trains /w passengers (MyWorlds needed)
- Show arrival times on signs (SignLink needed)
- Push-away: Push mobs, players and items away from your trains to keep them running
- Everything is configurable, if something proves not to be, I will make it that way
- When non-operator players ride a train, the train glitches out and the player's cart gets stuck in position
NoCheatPlus thinks the player is cheating, because the cart is moving in unintended ways. The cart is teleported back to a valid state causing these strange glitches. To fix this, set the following to false in the NoCheatPlus configuration:
- When players are near, trains reach their destinations. With no one near, they don't. What do I do?By default trains do not keep chunks loaded, and they will unload once they move into unloaded chunks. To make trains keep the chunk area (and themselves) around them loaded, set the 'keepchunksloaded' property to True. This can be done using the /train keepchunksloaded true command, using a property sign or by changing it to true in the DefaultTrainProperties.yml file. For more information about train properties, see here.
- When I exit a train, the train disappears. What gives?If you have CraftBook installed on the server, this plugin can actually do exactly that. Turn it off in the configuration. http://wiki.sk89q.com/wiki/CraftBook/Minecart_Exit_Remover
- I have a iMac and signs don't work. What do I do?Add 'parseOldSigns: true' to the config and type signs like 'train' instead of '[train]'.
If you have another plugin that performs similar Minecart replacement techniques, it is likely that TrainCarts will not function or function poorly. For the 'chunk persistence' part of this plugin, other plugins that unload chunks without firing events result in this feature failing. Minebackup is known for having this problem.
If you really like my work and want to give something in return, feel free to donate something small to me using the link down below. Thank you!
Der Server (Spigot 1.14.2) stürzt öfters ab
[Train_Carts] Error while initializing sign power states in chunk CharlestonCity [-5/-2]
at java.util.HashMap$HashIterator.nextNode(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_211]
at java.util.HashMap$KeyIterator.next(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_211]
at java.lang.Iterable.forEach(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_211]
at net.minecraft.server.v1_14_R1.ChunkMapDistance.a(SourceFile:132) ~[spigot-1.14.2.jar:git-Spigot-093165d-ba575a5]
at net.minecraft.server.v1_14_R1.ChunkProviderServer.tickDistanceManager(ChunkProviderServer.java:204) ~[spigot-1.14.2.jar:git-Spigot-093165d-ba575a5]
at net.minecraft.server.v1_14_R1.ChunkProviderServer.getChunkFutureMainThread(ChunkProviderServer.java:144) ~[spigot-1.14.2.jar:git-Spigot-093165d-ba575a5]
at net.minecraft.server.v1_14_R1.ChunkProviderServer.getChunkAt(ChunkProviderServer.java:91) ~[spigot-1.14.2.jar:git-Spigot-093165d-ba575a5]
at net.minecraft.server.v1_14_R1.World.getChunkAt(World.java:212) ~[spigot-1.14.2.jar:git-Spigot-093165d-ba575a5]
Ursius2017 (and everyone else :) )
The manual train controls you mention are part of another author's mod that builds on Traincarts. While that project has not been updated since Minecraft 1.12, I am happy to report that it appears to still work on my 1.14.2 server. (Using the current 1.14.2-v1-snapshots of Traincarts and BKCommonlib). There's a good chance it will work on the stable 1.13, though I haven't tested.
That mod can be found here:
THAT SAID -- I happily give a 5 star review to Traincarts. This project has just kept on going like the little engine that could, and I am BOGGLED at the new trackless carts and ferris wheel rides that are now possible. Thank you to the authors for their time and effort. Traincarts 4ever. Laying out a massive rail network around our new world is going to be a major project in and of itself, but with the MCTS mod, chugging around the countryside with a fist full of coal beats cheating with teleporters any day of the week.
I'm not sure anymore, but it may be that in an earlier version I had commands that let me control the speed of the Train. I can only remember the command "B1" for the first "kind" to brake. I could also determine the direction of the train. Was it this plugin or am I confusing it? If I confused what, with which plugin do I confuse it? I've been looking for it for days, but find nothing. I used to have it on my server, but I had to delete it after changing the server version because it was no longer compatible.